Honda Crosstour Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are there any years that have more problems than the others? if so, what year and what problems?

Also, did they change the VCM for 2013?

Thanks
Peter

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have a 2011, disabled the VCM long ago, do regular maintenance, zero problems. Plan to keep it for a long time.

·
Premium Member
417 Posts
I had a 2012 from 2012-2015 when I went to a 2015 MY. There were two items that I noticed immediately. The first was handling. The 2015 was far more nimble, stable and quieter than the 2012. The second was the transmission. The gearbox itself may not have been changed but the shift points and gear selection are more suitable to the driving context.

Having said that, I have not heard of any year that "you should avoid".

On reviewing Consumer Reports, the drive train has negative reports on the 3.5 liter but none on the 2.4 liter. There are also complaints that the earlier models had excessive brake wear. The owner satisfaction rating is highest for the 2013-2015 MY.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks! 2013-15 has the 6 speed auto with paddle shifters while the 10-12 has the 5 speed.. have heard different opinions on the 6 speed. I was going to go with the 2.4 but the car is quite heavy and the difference in power is very noticeable so I went with the 3.5 V6

·
Super Moderator
322 Posts
I have a 2010 4WD and run it all stock with no aftermarket mods (and left VCM on). So far so good @105K miles and I plan to keep it for as long as it runs.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts