Honda Crosstour Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any ideas of replacing the antenna with a smaller or shorter alternative?

What would happen if I just unscrewed it and just left it off? I don't really listen to the radio. Would it damage the insertion site? I know they tell you to take it off at the car wash, but what about long term and in snowy weather?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
20 Posts
I believe it is for am/fm reception. I have found it has no effect on xm or navigation.Many mfg's have a small transit plug antenna that the dealer has to remove in the pre-delivery inspection. I have a stainless FORD plug (about 1")which is threaded that I use. I believe GM uses a plastic one as well.

·
Registered
534 Posts
I used a plastic "christmas tree" plug. You can get them at parts stores for $1. I painted it with some touchup paint to match

·
Registered
234 Posts
I used a plastic "christmas tree" plug. You can get them at parts stores for $1. I painted it with some touchup paint to match
do you have a picture of it or how it look after installed?
is am/fm totaly dead with out antenna?

thanks

·
Registered
534 Posts
I'll have to wait until my wife brings it back home, I've been meaning to get a pic since I did it. We've had no issues with the little bit of FM we listen to. We mainly listen to XM.

·
Registered
234 Posts
I'll have to wait until my wife brings it back home, I've been meaning to get a pic since I did it. We've had no issues with the little bit of FM we listen to. We mainly listen to XM.
wow FM/XM work ok for you then what is antanna for??
love to see picture as well i may do the same as your.
still don't know what christmas tree" plug you are talking about

thank

·
Registered
534 Posts
This is what I put in the hole

The antenna mast is just for the FM/AM, the base actually has the XM antenna built in.

·
Registered
234 Posts
This is what I put in the hole

The antenna mast is just for the FM/AM, the base actually has the XM antenna built in.
where did you get this part? i'm concerning about the size
insert into the hole won't come off?
all AM/FM & XM reception work fine for you??

if everything work fine then i really want to get it,,,

·
Registered
534 Posts
I got it at Advance Auto parts, it was a few dollars for a pack. Just don't glue it in and it'll be easy to remove if need be. No reception issues so far, and I did it about a week after we bought it 6 months ago. The whole intention of the way that plastic cap is designed is so it can be easily removed.

·
Registered
234 Posts
I got it at Advance Auto parts, it was a few dollars for a pack. Just don't glue it in and it'll be easy to remove if need be. No reception issues so far, and I did it about a week after we bought it 6 months ago. The whole intention of the way that plastic cap is designed is so it can be easily removed.

the cap may not be last due to hot/cold not UV resist. just a thought

BTW thank you very much for the info.

·
Registered
234 Posts
i tried took Antenna off and noticed some stations were weak.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts