Honda Crosstour Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks, so glad to be here! I became an owner of a 2010 Crosstour as of today. All I can say is I love this car!

·
Registered
237 Posts
Congrats on your purchase & Welcome to the forum - may you enjoy both!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Welcome from a fellow Texan. I live in Houston, but work in The Woodlands and have in-laws in Spring that I drive to twice a week. There are only one or two other Crosstours I've seen in the area more than once. Congrats on the purchase!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Welcome from a fellow Texan. I live in Houston, but work in The Woodlands and have in-laws in Spring that I drive to twice a week. There are only one or two other Crosstours I've seen in the area more than once. Congrats on the purchase!
My office is in The Woodlands, I might be one of them!:D

·
Registered
36 Posts
Cool! What color is your car? I have black 2012 EXL with all exterior features stock. The only thing that would be unique about mine if you saw it would be my brake light modulator and the colorful 7-character license plate from before the switch to the black and white plates. It's also usually pretty clean! :D

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Cool! What color is your car? I have black 2012 EXL with all exterior features stock. The only thing that would be unique about mine if you saw it would be my brake light modulator and the colorful 7-character license plate from before the switch to the black and white plates. It's also usually pretty clean! :D
Mine is "Diamond White", it looks great with the tinted windows!

·
Registered
184 Posts
Congrats on your new car! You're gonna' love it.. BTW.. I'm in Houston, TX also. Although I'm not in the Woodlands. :)

·
Registered
127 Posts
SO...

I'm a wannabe 2013 CrossTour owner. I currently own a 2012 Ridgeline RTS (white/grey). I realize I don't need a truck (or even a S.U.T.). Wait in TEXAS???? Yeah, I can do with a med-SUV but I do prefer a larger vehicle. That's why I went from my '03 Toyota 4dr Tacoma to the Ridgeline last year. Well, I did buy a '08 Honda Pilot, my first new Honda. But I passed that Pilot onto my wife and traded the Tacoma for my RL.

I've got a test drive scheduled for early next week. I feel I'd prefer the 6cyl engine just from having always owned 6'es in the past. Anyone buy the 4cyl CT instead? And are you happy with it? I'm also considering a Toy 4runner, 6cyl, or a Rav4, 4cyl. So maybe I can live with a 4 cyl. Guess my test drive(s) next week will let me know.

I'm a member of ROC (Ridgeline Owners Club). Great group of folks over there, very helpful and very knowledgeable. Hope I find the same here if I decide to buy a new CrossTour soon. Thanks for any info you may offer in my purchase quest and a big Hi Y'all to my fellow TXNS. I'm in the Humble/Atascocita area.

Gona start shopping with McCall Honda in Kingwood; where I bought my '08 Pilot. But Spring Honda is where I bought my '12 RL and they have more color choices of CT's for now. Thanks again, maybe I'll be a regular here; we'll see. Oh and yeah, still love my Ridgeline but just bored over the summer I'm guessing. :cool: If my test drives aren't impressive, I know I've got a very nice ride already in the RL and I can live with that. Peace Y'all, ernie

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
I would go with the 6-CYL if you're going to be driving around in Houston. I love the power, especially when you have to "floor it" to get on the freeway. For what it's worth, I bought my CT at Allen Honda in College Station. Very happy with the deal I got.

·
Registered
127 Posts
@CTKat...

Yep, surely was leaning to the 6cyl all along.

AND I did read your blog late last nite, very well done. Be great to have a follow up on the long term use of your CT. That always makes for good reading; knowing how cars are holding up after regular use by the owners.

Wow, I'm kinda torn about possibly parting with my Ridgeline; me n wifey heading to the beach in awhile and that's really fun in the RL. But not really needing a truck these days. I mean one can always use a truck around but we've loaded some pretty large items in our '08 Pilot before.

And the hatchback of the CT will hopeful have a large enough cargo area to easily load/unload my bass gear. I play bass in a couple local blues/rock bands in the Houston area. But bass gear has gotten much smaller and louder that I can carry a single 3' tall-16" wide bass cab and still offer about 900 watts of bassy-goodness. :p

And I swore I would never own another black car again but that CT is sure sexy in black. My white RL stays looking clean easily and the Pilot in metallic dark grey still looks nice n shiny. I am looking at a Alabaster Silver CT EX-L; I have the 4WD in the RL and would never put it to use in the CT so going 2WD. Well, getting alot of online offers from Honda Dlrs now. Guess I should go check out a CT soon. But first......off to the beach, YAY! Peace Y'all, e.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I love the cargo room in the CT. I have hauled camping gear in it twice already, hauled my daughter's stuff to her new house. I'll bet it can handle the bass gear too!:D

·
Registered
127 Posts
Cool Kat.....

That's my hope that I can stow my bass gear in the cargo area with and without having to lay the two backseats down at times.

Thank goodness, I'm playing with a couple bands that aren't insanely loud so I can bring less/smaller speakers than I have in the past. My poor '08 Pilot was my band wagon for the past 4 yrs or so but it was roomy as heck in the cargo area. But our Toyota Taco 4dr was getting long in the tooth, so it went in trade for my '12 Ridgeline. The Ridgeline is a fantastic med-size truck with great features. And I can place one or two bass cabs, bass(es), other gear in the rearfloor area of my RL with the rearseats flipped up. Another big reason I went with the RL. And of course I use the truck bed to haul gear very easily. Its just not the most convenient or safe way to drive around with stuff in back; even covered with the soft tonneau cover I have.

I test drove the Toy Tundras', GM/Chevy Ext-cab Trucks and the RL just drove nicer and fit in my darn garage w/o having to relocate my waterheater and yard working tools. Plus I'd never, ever need to utilize the towing capacity or bedspace or even a V8 those very nice trucks offered.

Now, not just putting this on you only CTKat but I'd like to know how much space is between the back floor area furthest back and the closed hatch. I'd need about 20" tall from cargo floor to hatch glass. Be nice to just lay my bass cab in the farthest space to the back and still be able to close the hatch w/o banging against my cab. One of the things I'm seeing on youtube reviews is that the sloping hatchback, hurts the cargo area.

On those days I need to carry passengers or less gear leaving the rearseats up and still having enough space in the cargo area is crucial to my needs in CT. So if anyone cares to clamber back over their backseats thru to the cargo area and measure the space btw floor/hatch furthest back, I'd sure appreciate that. OTherwise, like a geeky-nerd I'm taking my tape measure to my first test drive this week or next to do that myself. :p Thanks y'all.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Test Driven CT's...

Well I test drove 4 CTs past week and a half or so. Both the 4cyl and 6cyl all EX-L's.

I also test drove Toyota Venza, Rav4 and 4runner mid-to-upper trim levels. I had to do a second series of CT 4cyl/6cyl today to remind myself how they drove. Gotta admit the '13 6cyl Venza XLE drove very nice. The interior comfort features offered some nice middle console spaces, better rear cargo area space; seats up and down over the CT's.

I kept telling the "sales-schlub" how I was diggin the feel of the Toy 6cyl over the CT 6cyl. Cause I really was. I say shclub cuz young dude said he'd only been there a week. So I had to educate him on most of the features of the Venza and the other Toy cars we drove this day. Geez. I think I gave him a good scare when I started manual shifting on a winding road that leads to the big airport. 95 mph...FUN!

Really liked the manual shifting on the stick in the console of the Venza. Took me back to my '85 Camaro RS 5spd days. Was fun to shift on the stick in the Venza. The CT's paddel shifters felt awkward to me at first. But when I got a feel for them again today, I was hitting 90-95 on a straight away. NICE. And now I'm diggin the 6cyl and drive more in the CT than Venza.

This is same Houston dealer where I bought my '12 Ridgeline, even got same internet sales mgr as last year to assist me. So either due to the Houston heat, his trusting me or him just being lazy; he handed over the keys to a red 4cyl EX-L and silver 6cyl EX-L. He said "here ya go, take em both for a spin and pull the one you like best under the covered area by my office." REALLY???

Well alright. I hadn't had a chance to drive any of these cars alone so I took advantage of it. Not that I abused them but put them thru thier paces. Found a church parking lot where I tested how tight the turning radius is on the both CT's. I'd read it was bad but felt fairly tight to me. And as much as I liked the 6cyl, I was quite impressed with the Honda 4cyl.

Argh, didn't think it would effect me as much but yeah, that split rear window did throw me off abit when viewing traffic behind me. And I'm one that sets and uses his mirrors in any of my vehicles correctly to view oncoming traffic. But I can look out the rear window of my RL and Pilot fine. Maybe the lower sitting CT kinda threw me as well.

Now, the backup camera really threw me as I am one to utilize all three mirrors whenever I backup. I just couldn't get myself to comfortably look at the screen as my eyes kept shooting to all 3 mirrors while I backed up. Just felt weird not looking back or in any of the mirrors. I sure did like the way either L/R mirror tilts down as you backup. I find this very helpful and I already do that with the powered mirrors of my RL/Pilot. But both R/L outside mirrors on the Venza tilt down as one backsup; better. The righthand tiltdown mirror works best for me in my present cars, so the CT can do that and that's fine.

Lastly, as I was afraid, I got pretty decent drive out prices but they sorta low-balled me on my RL trade in price, both Toyota and Honda dealers. At first test drives I did not mention I had a trade in but I left each dealership with no solid buy numbers. After contacting both Toy/Honda dlrships internet mgrs requesting a drive out price; I got some very similar prices from all the dealers I'd been corresponding with. Maybe I moved too soon on that. But I had to know what they'd offer me for my RL. So today I told them to run some numbers on my truck to see where we're at. Yeah, bout $2 grand less than I wanted and of the most common trade in prices I'd found online for the '12 RL-RTS.

But I sort of expected this, they're trying to get back the $$ they came off on their drive out offers. So I told em both, "well see what you can do with either your sell price or my trade in price and call me if you can do better." Ciao.

I didn't go in thinking I'd be coming home with a new Venza/CT today as I had a feeling they would not meet my price. And though I'da liked to have gone to pick up my wife for lunch today in my new silver CT, I knew it was best to walk away and let the "car buying battle" continue. It was really only round one today. LOL

P.S. I am def leaning to the CT-EXL 6cyl silver or kona koffee brown. I may have sustained some minor battle scars today; but the war is not over. Oh and already got a email with a better internet price from yet another dealer that I'd corresponded with a couple weeks ago AND its for the Kona brown CT, I really wanna see that color in person. :)

So, I'll return to fight yet another day........prolly next Wed or Thursday. :rolleyes: Peace, y'all.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Fellow Texan as well. Live in San Antonio but from College Station. Just picked up my 2010 Thursday but don't get to get it till Wednesday (minor scratches to be worked on as part of the deal). Not in Houston as much as I use to be.

White Rhino

·
Registered
127 Posts
OK. I'm in!!!

Have posted many posts already as a wanna-be-CT-owner. I drove my 2013, EX-L V6, 2WD, (grey) polished metallic CT home this afternoon now as an actual CT owner. Woo Hoo! :D

Was a bit perplexed at leaving my '12 Honda Ridgeline behind ( only 9800 miles on her :( ). But my new CT was quite fun on the drive home. :p Defiinitely gotta RTFM a few times; alota new features than my RL.

And now, gotta go say bye to the great folks over at "The ROC" (RidgelineOwnersClub). Though since I'm still in a Honda; I know they will be helpful with most Honda questions I might have. As some folks here already have been on the CT site.

Peace Y'all, ernie.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts