Honda Crosstour Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a new Black 2012 CT EX on 12/26/11. :) As you can see from my username, this is my third Honda and I love it! My first new car in 12 years. I got splash guards, a moonroof visor, and door visors as dealer installed options. Don't plan to add anything else except a cargo cover. From reading other posts, I think I'll just get the shelf and see how that works before buying the other part. I've been a Honda lover since 10th grade when my friend's mom owned a 1980 Prelude.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Welcome to the Forum!

I added the moonroof visor and really liked how it cut the wind noise out. It's so quiet that we open it up on the highway and still have good conversations.

If you have any questions, this is the place to learn more.

Take care.

·
Super Moderator
796 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Appears I have your twin. I have a 2012 Black with black interior. It has the Nav, hood wind deflector, side molding and a few other dealer installed options. I really like the black but let me suggest to you to get an Original California Car Duster. Having a black car shows the dust just a few days after a car wash and just a few minutes with this special duster removes the dust. Make sure to get an Original California Duster as others can scratch the paint. I paid about $30 for the duster and mini duster for the interior.

The Original California duster has soft hairs that are coated with a baked on wax that gently lifts the dust. Use a light touch and your car will look like it was just washed. Put the duster in the storage bag when not in use.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Great tip Crashmaster.

I've got a black roadster that we take to shows. My son bought me a California Duster and I was a little hesitant about the fine scratches. Now I swear by it.

As you said the key is a light touch.

Thanks again.

BTW- How many miles do you have on your CT?

·
Super Moderator
796 Posts
I have about 1,400 miles. I don't drive it much as I work only 5 minutes from home and I have to share my time between all the other cars (or they get jealous).

Great tip Crashmaster.

BTW- How many miles do you have on your CT?

·
Premium Member
66 Posts
car colors

Having a black car shows the dust just a few days after a car wash

To my eyes, nothing looks better than a clean white car or clean black car... and nothing looks worse than a dirty white car or dirty black car.

I've had several of each, but never again (unless I inherit a car wash). I'm now happy to have two clean-enough red cars. (Bottom pic is my "toy," a '78 Fiat 124 Spider.)

·
Registered
622 Posts
Welcome to the forum Honda III.

As you can see, sage advice abounds here from some knowledgeable folks.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts