Honda Crosstour Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
668 Posts
Like I said before Screw them who think the CT is ugly or not a good car/Suv.

I did like this comment
Honda fell even shorter in its visual design: The Crosstour looks like a boat in search of an ocean.

Yea buddy I got a boat for you right here........

·
Registered
11 Posts
while beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

I always thought the car is much musculine looking than the Accord. I actually like the mean front grill hence we named ours Godzilla.

The back is a fast back and gives it a sporty look. I don't want a car look like a minivan or a SUV (read: Vanza). As far as cargo space, It is more than an accord and for me that's mission accomplished for people who wants more space than a sedan but not wanting a real SUV.

Most of these reviewers are like Band wagoners. They just jump on its styling because of what everyone else is saying. How many time have you hear people refering to Aztec? Have they seen a CT in person? I can name many other vehicle look more like the Aztec and they will never admit it. Like the Volvo's hatch on their suv line. But oh well.

·
Registered
124 Posts
From reading that article, I got the notion that the review is nothing more than an amateur car enthusiast. I'm an AVID enthusiast that knows basically everything about cars off the top of my head, and from that, I come to a conclusion that anyone that claims the CT is a bad car, just from looks alone, is an absolute MORON!

People always complain about there not being as much room as other SUV's, such as the CRV, Forester, and etc. I guess they are too stupid to realize that the CT is in a totally different segment, and people who look at it most likely don't look at it because the back-cargo area is a true necessity.

From my personal experience, which most likely will fall into similar experiences with the members reading this, absolutely every person that I have shown the CT to, loved it. The only people who keep on talking crap are quick reviewers, journalists that get paid to write craptastic articles, and everyone else that has never even gotten the chance to experience it in person.

I think that makes me like it even more.

Being an avid car enthusiast, I've moved from liking cars from aesthetic reasons, to liking them from mechanical reasons, and the way they are put together "underneath" the body panels that a novice "car enthusiast" would be lured into.

The CT is one of the best, mechanically put together, car I have ever seen that is aimed at the regular family target market. From the evenly distributed exhaust piping, exhaust run covers, mechanical "evenness," power distribution, mechanical distribution...it's all near perfect, and all from 30k! You can tell me it's a bad car, but you'd truly be the stupid fool doing so.
From my point of view, and from what I like, comparing the CT's mechanics to that of the Venza, is the same thing as comparing a Kia to a Mercedes. Ever taken a look underneath the Venza? Don't!

On this same note, The Acura ZDX is also niiice for the same exact reasons as the CT, but people dog that also!

·
Registered
156 Posts
I like that it's a bigger car. I have no need for an SUV or truck so I didn't want the extra expense for the purchase and fuel that comes along with one of those but I love the fact that the CT is among the larger of the sedans and CUVs on the road. I like the room and comfort.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Great points Iggibar!

It is obvious that the Crosstour is designed very well and that the quality is superior to so many other cars in the marketplace. I'm tired of these reviewers who are "brand biased" and who choose their favorites based on looks alone...(I could do that much).

When comparing the Crosstour to others, I didn't bother to look at the Venza cause I didn't want a vehicle like that. If I did, I would have considered the Outback, the Sorento, and the Murano. Instead I looked at the Infiniti, BMW, and Acura...and this was a clear winner for features, quality, reliability, and price.

I know that I'm preaching to the choir here, and that's why I like this forum...but just had to vent to an attentive ear.

·
Premium Member
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My CT replaced a Chrysler T & C minivan, and a Chrysler PT Cruiser (mini minivan). I no longer need to carry as many people as I once did, or to haul sheets of plywood, or to commute to work. (I recently moved my office into my house, and I still have my '78 Fiat Spider for solo joy rides.)

I did a lot of research for this purchase and quickly rejected the Venza, which many automotive writers suggested as a better alternative.

Sure, it can hold more cubic feet of stuff, but its nearly flat roof reminds me of a station wagon -- and that's a deal breaker.

The T&C provides ample carrying capacity, high quality, excellent performance, excellent comfort, good value, advanced technology, uniqueness and sex appeal. Even my wife likes it, and we seldom agree on anything.

We like it more every day (except for the manual fifth door).

·
Registered
622 Posts
Like I said before Screw them who think the CT is ugly or not a good car/Suv.

I did like this comment
Honda fell even shorter in its visual design: The Crosstour looks like a boat in search of an ocean.

Yea buddy I got a boat for you right here........

Well said...

·
Super Moderator
805 Posts
What is beautiful? Is what is beautiful to the Chicago Tribune or MSNBC or the guy down the street going to have the same definition of beauty as I do? Obviously not. Let’s look at a few Picasso Paintings. These painting are all considered works of art, all are in famous museums or private collections, and all worth well past millions dollars each. Are these beautiful?

If my kid came home having painted something like this, I might pat him on the head and at the same time, secretly make him an eye doctor appointment! For every car or painting, there will be those who like and don’t like it. I don’t think I ever had a car that EVERYONE liked, be it a Corvette, Mustang, or Mercedes. As matter of fact, I think it was my more unusual cars that people actually had to speak up that they didn’t like such as my Chevrolet Corvair, Opel Kadette, Renault LeCar, Buick Roadmaster, Chevrolet Vega, Ford Pinto, and many others. I enjoy the variety of different cars.

Personally, I like the bad reviews for the CT. It tells me that it is being noticed. Any advertiser will tell you that bad reviews are better than no reviews. And it hopefully keeps the popularity of this vehicle low. I bought this vehicle on the presumption that low sales and lack of popularity would keep this model in low production and perhaps be stopped soon. Limited production vehicles can be unique and mysterious, not to mention worthwhile. Look at the Delorean. You can get a 1983 Delorean DMC for a mere $32K right now.

If all these reviews have nothing to say about the seating comfort, AWD snow traction, 271 horsepower, the numerous bells and whistles, and just base it on something as relative as the style, then I know I picked a good vehicle.

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts