Honda Crosstour Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up my CT last evening and it was normal, on the way home. What finally did the trick was that they replace the VSA modulator.
But, half way to work this morning I started to hear a squealing noise, that got louder and louder as I drove. Tapping the brakes now and then, confirmed my thoughts that it was the brakes, since it quieted down when I did this. So, I pulled over at one point and felt the rotor in the front/right wheel and it was hot enough to burn my finger.
I continued on to work another mile down the road and it was quiet at that point, but I called the service dept at Honda and they sent a tech out to leave a car for me and then drive mine back to their garage. And who do they send but some young kid with a big ring in his bottom lip and he had a mug of coffee (I haven’t even drank coffee in my car yet!).
Where I was first impressed iwth Gerrish Honda in Lebanon, that is quickly going away...

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
True Army Dad, but not quite the words I used this morning... ;-)

There is one good thing coming out of all this. I got them to install for free, window visers on the doors.

·
Registered
15 Posts
No way I would have let him into my car. It's bad enough if I spill something but someone I don't even know! I hope that they get it fixed completely this time.

Gary

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Believe me Gary, I really did not want him in my car, let alone driving it. But I didn't't have much of a choice at that point.
Thanks. I'll definitely post the results...

·
Registered
621 Posts
That sucks about the brakes. Here's hoping that everything gets sorted out quickly and with minimal headaches.

About the kid... I don't think it's out of line to respectfully request that he not drink coffee in your car... but I hope that you weren't judging his character or driving ability to be poor on account of his piercing alone....

Just sayin'.

;)

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, I just heard back from the dealership. Several people drove it, with no problems at all. They then took apart the brakes and found absolutely nothing wrong with them. So, they attribute what happened to a little rust. Huh??? There's no way this could have caused the amount of drag that was going on, and to heat the rotor so much that it burned my finger when I touched it.
So, I go to pick it up after work. Hopefully this will be the last of my brake problems and I'll get to drive it a little bit this weekend...

·
Registered
622 Posts
I hope this is it Tim ... a good weekend of driving with no problems will make the bad fade away ... keep us apprised please.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I'm sorry I don't mean to sound condecending but it's normal for a brake rotor to get hot enought to burn your finger under normal operation.
However if you notice a burning smell or if you can feel excessive heat from the wheel or if the rim gets hot enough to burn your finger, then there is a problem.

·
Registered
668 Posts
I'm sorry I don't mean to sound condecending but it's normal for a brake rotor to get hot enought to burn your finger under normal operation.
However if you notice a burning smell or if you can feel excessive heat from the wheel or if the rim gets hot enough to burn your finger, then there is a problem.

One thing that come to mind is maybe a rotor got hung up.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hi all. Sorry for taking so long to get back with my results. So far, so good!! I was told that they took the car for a few test rides and took all 4 brakes apart, and they could find no problem. I was told by a girl at the service desk that it could have been a little rust. ??? Chefmark, I think you're more right than they were.
Anyway, I put about 90 miles on it over the weekend and it was flawless. PHEW!!!
Hopefully this will be it.
Thanks all for the concerns and thoughts on this..

·
Registered
622 Posts
Glad to hear that it worked out. Ok folks, move along , nothing to see here. Just let the man enjoy his ride now.

LOL.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ha! Thanks Army Dad...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts