Honda Crosstour Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Super Moderator
805 Posts
We got mentioned on a Corvette forum. Wow. Perhaps Porsche or Mercedes next?

I couldn’t help but read a few posts on the Corvette forum and this one below about their stereotype of new Honda owners really caught my eye.

“If I see someone driving a new Honda I just think they are naturally cheap a**es, has a safe bolted, few flashlights, buttload of batteries, volunteers for some gay organic save something I never knew existed, got good grades, internet dater, complains about the food at restaurants, 87 octane, thinning hair/flat chested, has a library card, watches tv shows on the computer, buys sh*t on ebay, writes letters to complain, prefers Apple, listens to 90's music like DMB/Alanis Morsette, drives the speed limit, believes in GOD, makes their own lunch in a brown bag with a fruit and sandwich, quite, polite, still writes checks, has an odd hobby, makes 40kish/yr cubicle job with a few hundred grand in 401k, excellent credit, goes to the movies alone on Tuesdays, doesn't smoke and likes to munch on cheetos puffs.”

Its me! Well, except the part about the cheetos puffs! LOL

·
Registered
621 Posts

I couldn’t help but read a few posts on the Corvette forum and this one below about their stereotype of new Honda owners really caught my eye.

“If I see someone driving a new Honda I just think they are naturally cheap a**es, has a safe bolted, few flashlights, buttload of batteries, volunteers for some gay organic save something I never knew existed, got good grades, internet dater, complains about the food at restaurants, 87 octane, thinning hair/flat chested, has a library card, watches tv shows on the computer, buys sh*t on ebay, writes letters to complain, prefers Apple, listens to 90's music like DMB/Alanis Morsette, drives the speed limit, believes in GOD, makes their own lunch in a brown bag with a fruit and sandwich, quite, polite, still writes checks, has an odd hobby, makes 40kish/yr cubicle job with a few hundred grand in 401k, excellent credit, goes to the movies alone on Tuesdays, doesn't smoke and likes to munch on cheetos puffs.”

Haha. What a fascinating break-down.

My favorite was "has a library card."

:)

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I thouhgt you all might like some of the comments, The corvett fourm, off topic can get pretty funny sometimes.

·
Registered
180 Posts
That post is so funny, I laughed when I read it on their forum page.

I too believe in God, enjoy Cheetos, have a couple of odd hobbies, buy on e-bay, and have been known to listen to 90s music.

The fun part is that by his definition...most people in the civilized world can be classified as potential new Honda purchasers. Honda marketing pay attention - you now have your solid target demographic!

·
Registered
124 Posts

What can you expect from a Corvette owner. It's one of the reasons I will never buy one, no matter how cheap they are. I'll buy something that isn't associated with pricks, or morons.

·
Super Moderator
805 Posts
Are CT owners any different than Corvette owners? Perhaps we should list the standard stereotypes of Corvette owners? Naw, wouldn’t that just put us on the same level of that alleged Corvette owner? I have owned many Vettes and have many friends who still own them. None of my Vette owner friends fit into any type of personality typecasts due to their Vette ownership. There might even be some CT owners that still have a Vette or two in the garage. Depending on my monthly vehicle horse trading, another Vette could be in my future.

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
What can you expect from a Corvette owner. It's one of the reasons I will never buy one, no matter how cheap they are. I'll buy something that isn't associated with pricks, or morons.
I own a Corvette......:eek:

Most people who own Vettes are passionate about their cars and some are over the top. For the most part Corvette owners are like motorcycle people. It’s something fun to drive and it's a starting point for a lot of good friendships. I try not to lump people into groups just because they like something. I also like NASCAR but to look at me you would not think so(unless I have one of my many Dale Jr shirts on). So I take their comments as just fun stuff to read and nothing more.

·
Registered
622 Posts
Nope, I'm just a fat old man with no money. Sorry to break his bubble on molded Honda owners. My house garage has a Ridgeline and CT in it. On the right in the picture is a free standing garage, (door is in the back) Family joke is we bought this house with the second garage so I could put a Vette in there. Still waiting, lol.

Attachments

·
Registered
124 Posts
I own a Corvette......:eek:

Most people who own Vettes are passionate about their cars and some are over the top. For the most part Corvette owners are like motorcycle people. It’s something fun to drive and it's a starting point for a lot of good friendships. I try not to lump people into groups just because they like something. I also like NASCAR but to look at me you would not think so(unless I have one of my many Dale Jr shirts on). So I take their comments as just fun stuff to read and nothing more.
I'm not saying that absolutely 100% of corvette owners are the same, but I've been to corvette meets, cross state trips, and shows, and I stand by my last comment. They are some of the most arrogant car owners out there! Heaven forbid they have some "mod" on their car...they'll think they are a god because of their car. One of my friend's uncle has a '60 Stingray...HEAVILY modified...it's a beauty. But, he's an actual automotive enthusiast, not just someone who could afford a corvette and act like a prick. You should see his F350 O.O I'll post some pics back on this thread if I get to go over his place again.

·
Registered
237 Posts
I used to have a '75, nicely modded

I hated going to most vette show's due to the all the "numbers matching" crowd snubbing their noses at us modders...

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I'm not saying that absolutely 100% of corvette owners are the same, but I've been to corvette meets, cross state trips, and shows, and I stand by my last comment. They are some of the most arrogant car owners out there! Heaven forbid they have some "mod" on their car...they'll think they are a god because of their car. One of my friend's uncle has a '60 Stingray...HEAVILY modified...it's a beauty. But, he's an actual automotive enthusiast, not just someone who could afford a corvette and act like a prick. You should see his F350 O.O I'll post some pics back on this thread if I get to go over his place again.
I have to agree with that, we have some club members that act as if they drive some sort of heaven on wheels. They put some sort of mod on the car and it's like come see me and look at my car. AHHH KISS MY TAIL PIPE.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Hmmmm, I wonder how I match up

naturally cheap a**es - Uh, my hobbies cost more than my cars

has a safe bolted - I have a lot of guns
few flashlights - I get nice ones from work for free
buttload of batteries They come with batteries
volunteers for some gay organic save something - I donate to charity
got good grades - My wife and I both went to "Magnet schools"
internet dater - I used Myspace in college to hook up, it worked great
complains about the food at restaurants - I'm not scared to complain
87 octane - We don't have anything below 89 within a few hundred miles
thinning hair/flat chested - Glistening "V" of chest pubes down to my ball fro
has a library card - I didn't even know those still existed
watches tv shows on the computer - RIAA violater
buys sh*t on ebay - I prefer Amazon
writes letters to complain - I send emails
prefers Apple - Not a single crApple product in my home
listens to 90's music like DMB/Alanis Morsette - Don't know who DMB is
drives the speed limit - I pass vette's on a regular basis
believes in GOD - Catholic/Agnostic
makes their own lunch in a brown bag with a fruit and sandwich - Currently eating chinese take out
quite - I assume this was supposed to say quiET, so I'll say, literate
polite - I've been known to be quiTE the *******
still writes checks - Haven't had a checkbook in a decade
has an odd hobby - Guns and racing, not too odd
makes 40kish/yr cubicle job with a few hundred grand in 401k - Used to work offshore, now work in a plant, make more than most vette owners lie about making.
excellent credit - Eh, not so much, I pay cash
goes to the movies alone on Tuesdays - Once again, RIAA loves me
doesn't smoke - Just quit 3 weeks ago
likes to munch on cheetos puffs - Junk food is nasty

Ok, sooooo, '10 CT EXL-N low miles excellent condition for sale, have to make room for base model vette 'vert that will stay bone stock, but go to the track and run slower than a beetle in 1/4 mile due to total loss of driving ability that come swith owning such a lame car.

Oh crap, what was I about to do!?!?! I guess I'll just have to stick to the plan and get my 2014 GT500 with 650hp 600lbft and go spanking old wanna be's

·
Registered
4 Posts
Nope, I'm just a fat old man with no money. Sorry to break his bubble on molded Honda owners. My house garage has a Ridgeline and CT in it. On the right in the picture is a free standing garage, (door is in the back) Family joke is we bought this house with the second garage so I could put a Vette in there. Still waiting, lol.
Heck with the Vette, why not put a proper sports car in that garage, like a Cayman or a gently used S2000 depending on your roof preference of course.

BTW, I have a Crosstour in my future, possibly this time next year. That's why I'm hanging around here. There's a 11' Pilot in the garage. I wanted a Ridgeline, but the wife got the Pilot. And, then Cayman is on the must get it done before I die list.

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Heck with the Vette, why not put a proper sports car in that garage, like a Cayman or a gently used S2000 depending on your roof preference of course.

BTW, I have a Crosstour in my future, possibly this time next year. That's why I'm hanging around here. There's a 11' Pilot in the garage. I wanted a Ridgeline, but the wife got the Pilot. And, then Cayman is on the must get it done before I die list.
I can go with the Cayman or even better any of the 911. but the s2000 is nothing but a chick car.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts