Honda Crosstour Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My name is Gene and I'm not a CT owner yet but I test drove one yesterday & loved it!!! I'm about 95% sure I'll be buying a CT some time this week but in the meantime I'd like to say hello to everyone

·
Registered
111 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I am very happy with my CT and I hope you will be also.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Details?!

Hi, and welcome to the forum!
Had mine 2 weeks tomorrow and I'm thrilled. Haven't been so excited about a new car in long time.

So tell us about it! :D What trim level? What color? What did you like best? Least?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks! Well I test drove a Red/Burgandy 2010 EX-L AWD w/NAV and basically loved the way it handled. Also after reading some reviews regarding the mpg i have to say I'm impressed with the fact that something with that power is getting 22+ mpg. The thing I liked the least was the backseat. I have a 2yr old & another one on the way so I'm worried about having enough room for a toddler seat & rear facing infant seat. I did put the toddler seat in & space wise it looked "ok" but that rear facing seat w/base is pretty big!! The other thing I didn't like was the fact we hit a bump & basically the NAV went out. If I do decide to buy I will most likely end up buying a black 2011 EX-L AWD w/o NAV which I think was about $8 more. I currently drive a C 230 hatchback & basically the CT is the same car but MUCH bigger!!

·
Registered
123 Posts
I replied to your car seat post in the general discussion thread, so I won't repeat myself here.
I also test-drove a red/ivory AWD w/Nav the first time. Loved the color. Nav.? I could go either way on that. The plus is a nice, finished look without extra wires and such that you get with an aftermarket Garmin, etc. The minus is that in-car nav's are never as cutting edge as the portable ones you can go out and buy for $250.
If I had gotten it on the Crosstour, though, I'd be glad to have the backup camera.
Without Nav., you still get a very nice stereo with excellent iPod interface, and very clean button layout.

·
Registered
183 Posts
I'd have to agree with FamilyGuy regarding the Nav...I have it however, and it's OK....but no better than a good Garmin for sure...in fact, I find some the repetitious voice prompts to be annoying and wish I could turn them off.... I've had mine almost a full year now and still find it a real pleasure to drive...particularly on longer trips as it's very comfortable. No experience with car seats, but it's got lots of room in the back seat area....

·
Registered
668 Posts
My name is Gene and I'm not a CT owner yet but I test drove one yesterday & loved it!!! I'm about 95% sure I'll be buying a CT some time this week but in the meantime I'd like to say hello to everyone
I like the CT it is a great car. The styling might be a bit ahead of its time. Which is why I like it, I am not one of those cookie cutter SUVs I see all over the place. I have the Nav Sys and it works great but I hardly ever use it. The IPod hook up is great that I use that a lot if I not listening to NASCAR radio. The seat are super comfortable and roomy which is nice. No children in my back seat (I hope) so I cannot help there. I had to drive on some ice the other day coming to work, no fun at all but the CT did handle like a charm. The 4WD system is pretty sweet.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Another benefit of getting the 2010 w/Nav. Is that you might still get 0.9% financing for 60 months.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the replies everyone!! I honestly think I will go the route of w/o the NAV. My wife & I bought a portable gps years back and we like it so I think I'll just buy another one & call it a day. The other thing is if I go with the 2010 it's only in the red color but if I go with the 2011 I can get the black one that I really want

@ familyguy - I did read your reply to my other thread and thanks! I think putting the rear facing seat behind the passenger is best. I want to take a look @ the car seat behind me one more time...I'll even bring the wife to get her opinion on it. Also I plan on leasing the vehicle so the 0.9% won't really apply to me but thanks!

I'm pretty excited about this purchase and have been watching review videos all day :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts