Honda Crosstour Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Almost There (4wd vs. 2wd)

Hello All,

So I am very close to getting into a used CT. I test drove a 2010 EX-L 2wd and loved it! My problem is being hung up on 4wd vs. 2wd. Living in NE we get some pretty harsh snowstorms(ie nemo!) but thats only part of the year. This will be my third honda accord and i can say that they all have been really great in the snow. But the fact that the CT offers the 4wd i feel like i should go for that instead? My wife drives the 4wd auto in the family already so i figured the 2wd would be fine(I might have answered my own ?). Any input would great!

·
Super Moderator
373 Posts
To be honest, I didn't want 4wd... I've driven 2wd cars in the snow for years without any issues in the Washington, DC area (we rarely get massive amounts these days but when we got 12+ inches (and even during snowmageddon a couple years ago where we got buckets and a blizzard on day 4 of it), I could get around fine because they plow reasonably well).

I haggled for a red w/ black interior 2wd 2010... only by the time we struck a deal very late in the model year, the only thing left was red with tan interior. I ended up going with a 4wd/Nav silver with black interior after leaving the dealership 4 times (they finally got the price down to where I wanted to be for not caring about either 4wd or nav).

In retrospect, I am glad I got 4wd because my GF and I do a lot of road trips to Scranton, PA area, Western, MD, WV, etc. and it's been awesome in significant snowfall. If there is a remote chance you will use the 4wd then I'd go for it. It hasn't majorly impacted my fuel consumption and additional maintenance is minimal.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts