Honda Crosstour Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I went to the Honda dealer looking to see what I could get for my 2002 ford f150. The have the "Really Big Thing sales event" going on. I was interested in 3 vehicles, the Crosstour, CRV and the Accord sedan. I loved my truck for various reason but hated that it cost me an arm and a leg to drive it and maintain it. The rust monster is also starting to attack. I've had sedans and smaller cars but never liked feeling so small on the road. I'm 6'3" and often feel cramped. We also have a 2004 Honda Odyssey and have zero mecanical issues with it at almost 100k. However even in that my knees bump in the passenger side.

Test drove all three choices, and liked them all, but the Crosstour stood out. I think because going into it I was leaning to it a little, but it seems to fit me nicely (best). It's the EX-L AWD. Living in Wisconsin, I'd like to have the AWD option. My last sedan, I was forced to own a second set of winter tires to get around when snow got heavy. The CRV seemed like a good coice too. Also the CT can tow, all be it not much. Enough for a small utility trailer and maybe a motorcycle once in a while.

Any how, the dealer gave me a pretty fair offer on the truck, but the lease payment is a little higher than what I was hoping for. To "help" me decide they let me take it home for the weekend to drive. I've put on 100 miles today. :D My wife seems to like the CRV a little better, but my 12 year old boy said he didn't even mind me getting rid of my truck for the CT. Really liked it.

Only thing is, I could go with the accord and save my self in gas and payments about $75 a month. I still think that's probably worth it to have the awd and for the benifit of sitting up higher and fitting seemingly better. In the end, I still plan to save myself $120 a month cash flow by moving from the truck.

I had also looked into the Hyundai Santa Fe, and this was less (cash flow). I can't believe it, looking at the two sticker prices. For me it's more about the payment and cash flow than total price. I'm still wondering if I could have done better as far as the price goes.

I'm on another owners forum (ZRXOA - Kawasaki ZRX 1200) and I'm pretty active. So I hope I'll be here too if I do indeed pull the trigger on Monday for the CT.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Robare, welcome to the forum. That is a lot to think about. Most people here are pretty happy with their CT's, but only you can make the final decision. I have an EX-L AWD and it was great in the snow. There is a tread on here about snow tires but I didn't need them driving around western MD and WV this winter. If you decide on the CT, we look forward to you contributions to the forum.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks.

I really hate my sales guy for sending it home with me for the weekend. I find it hard to believe the reviewers that didn't like the look of the Crosstour, I sure like it. I've had a few nice comments from strangers on it too. I think it drives great too.

I'm 99% sure I'm going to pull the trigger on it. It's black, and it's not my first choice in color. Looks great, but just so hard to keep clean, but it's growing on me any way.

I'm wondering if I could get them to throw in the towing hitch on and body side moldings on it?

Anybody have any thoughts on the dealer side moldings?

·
Premium Member
327 Posts
Hey the worst they could say is that we can't do it ! You should ask! The dealer mouldings are worth it they are good looking and effective. It doesn't matter about what anyone else thinks about the car but yourself! If you like it go for it !

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm so excited. This morning I've been trying to get the gorry details of the lease offer that was presented to me, and have met resistance until I come in to look at it. Also they basically they can't just "throw in" the additions and I'd probably have to pay seperate for these. So being the keen shopper that I am, contacted a dealer 100+ miles away to see what they could do. They happen to be the high volume dealer in the state. For the same lease terms, no money down, 3 years 36k miles and for the same model, 2011 EXL AWD their payments are $75 a month cheaper and I have a few to choose from. Needless to say, I'll be driving down there tonight.

color choices are now silver/blk, Metal /blk, or white. No blk/blk, and it was really growing on me. Thinking the metal blk or white.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, it's official. New owner. Polished Metal EXL-AWD. :D

Drove 100+ miles to get there and be told a whole different story. I figured the miracle evaporated. But I did not waiver. First offer was very close to the one I already had. Then they came back with about a 20/month payment savings (on a 0 down lease) but wanted some fees. That seemed like the was that and no more offers. I considered the time the other dealer spent with me and felt like I was baited into going down there and was going to leave. They couldn't believe I was going to leave with a 20/month savings. I ended up with a lease payment over $50 below the one I had close to home. I could not pass it up. Not bad for a days work. Ended up being about 4500 under sticker + my trade-in was at a fair trade in value for a gas guzzling truck. :cool:

So is it time for me to find something wrong with it? ;) So far I can't think of anything, except the bluetooth lady doesn't seem to like me all the time. Actually I think it's human error using the button and a learning curve.

·
Registered
668 Posts

Drove 100+ miles to get there and be told a whole different story. I figured the miracle evaporated. But I did not waiver. First offer was very close to the one I already had. Then they came back with about a 20/month payment savings (on a 0 down lease) but wanted some fees. That seemed like the was that and no more offers. I considered the time the other dealer spent with me and felt like I was baited into going down there and was going to leave. They couldn't believe I was going to leave with a 20/month savings. I ended up with a lease payment over $50 below the one I had close to home. I could not pass it up. Not bad for a days work. Ended up being about 4500 under sticker + my trade-in was at a fair trade in value for a gas guzzling truck. :cool:

So is it time for me to find something wrong with it? ;) So far I can't think of anything, except the bluetooth lady doesn't seem to like me all the time. Actually I think it's human error using the button and a learning curve.

Welcome, to the Family

·
Registered
622 Posts

Welcome to the forum. Deals done, enjoy your ride. And yes, the blutooth lady is a *w*itch some time, lol.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I get a kick out of the bluetooth lady when it answers my comands just fine but when my wife tries it from the passenger seat the bluetooth just says "pardon".

My wife swears the car just doesn't like her!!!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I learned an important lesson yesterday about my CT. Do not get in it when covered with snow and turn on vehicle with wipers on. You will get a load of snow in your vehicle.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I get a kick out of the bluetooth lady when it answers my comands just fine but when my wife tries it from the passenger seat the bluetooth just says "pardon".

My wife swears the car just doesn't like her!!!
From what I read, even though the mic is located in middle of the car, the mic is oriented toward the driver seat. This way when you issue a command you don't need to remove your eyes from the road. You just need to drive normally. This explains why your wife is not well understood... By the way, I had the same issue with my wife and she said almost the same thing...lol :D

·
Registered
73 Posts
Congrats and welcome. Tell your wife that the CR-V is much noisier and industrial feeling. My wife and I traded our 2007 CR-V in when we bought our 2011 CT. The CR-V was extremely loud inside (noise just bounced around) and was difficult on me (being 6' 4" tall) on long drives. The CT has been a dream. It is my 'go to' vehicle (when the wife isn't at work with it) when I need to go out for anything.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Even though I am a new comer to the forum myself, but your post invited me to welcome you :)...I just got my CT polished and AWD just like yours, but since the bluetooth is not an option in the middle east, I did not get that feature...nonetheless the CT is a beast of a car...this is my second Honda and it had me at first sight the one the dealer was showing was a red one...Love the car and the looks on people's faces wondering what is this car...unique yet beautiful...

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Congrats and welcome. Tell your wife that the CR-V is much noisier and industrial feeling. My wife and I traded our 2007 CR-V in when we bought our 2011 CT. The CR-V was extremely loud inside (noise just bounced around) and was difficult on me (being 6' 4" tall) on long drives. The CT has been a dream. It is my 'go to' vehicle (when the wife isn't at work with it) when I need to go out for anything.
Yeah, I felt tight in the CR-V too. It wasn't what I was going for, I wanted something my legs didn't hit edges and my knees didn't bounce off of the glove compartment when I am a passenger. Didn't notice the noise test driving, but the CT went to the top when I drove it. I know there is more road feel/noise in Honda's in general and I'm ok and expected that. But if you say it was real bad in the CR-V I'm even more happy that I got the CT. So far I really really like it.

Even though I am a new comer to the forum myself, but your post invited me to welcome you :)...I just got my CT polished and AWD just like yours, but since the bluetooth is not an option in the middle east, I did not get that feature...nonetheless the CT is a beast of a car...this is my second Honda and it had me at first sight the one the dealer was showing was a red one...Love the car and the looks on people's faces wondering what is this car...unique yet beautiful...
Congrates and welcome too. I do like the looks of mine, it seems either you love it or hate it. I love it.

Not sure if you needed the AWD in the middle east? But I'm sure you'll find some way to put it to use. :D

·
Registered
23 Posts
I do like the looks of mine, it seems either you love it or hate it. I love it. :D
Congrats on the new ride. The vast majority of owners have had plenty of folks tell them that they like the way the Crosstour looks. My wife has never driven a vehicle that gets this much positive attention.

The automotive press completely missed the boat on this car. Not only is it very attractive but it a has lot of versatility. They prefer to focus on what it lacks compared to a wagon or traditional SUV versus how much more capable it is than a typical sedan.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I think of it as my "full sized" sports car. I had wanted a mustang or something, but nobody could sit in the back. I had a Nissan 300zx a while back, and it was a hatch. This reminds me a lot about it, only I can fit the whole family. I might not push it as hard driving it, but it's still a very capable car.

·
Premium Member
327 Posts
congrats on the new car and welcome to the club !

·
Registered
12 Posts
Welcome

I am sure you will enjoy your new CT. I just returned from a 200 mi. drive and continue to be amazed at what a fine car it is and how different it is from late model Accords..........I traded an 08 EX L navi for the CT. For Longer drives the CT is the hands down winner for comfort. I think at times you will also really appreciate the increased ground clearance of the CT. I too looked briefly at the Santa Fe but if you look at the KBB and NADA resale values you'll be delighted to learn you did the right thing with the Honda product.

Your experience reminded me of how I had bought new cars in the past...for the new CT and also my new Acura MDX, I went almost exclusively net.....I used Truecar as well as the superb Honda financial tools. It was fun for this old guy and I am quite certain I got very good deals without most of the requisite trauma in doing the salesguy shuffle, a ritual I find quite annoying. The only thing I had to endure with a few of the dealer people was a mixed chorus of congrats on getting such a good deal mixed with a lot of whining about how they lost their @%& on the transaction. I am sure they say that with every deal, but I am very happy with the results of the ''remote control'' purchase process. Enjoy!!!.....Bill

1 - 20 of 20 Posts