Honda Crosstour Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was lucky enough to win a set of new OEM all weather floor mats on ebay for $65 shipped! The carpet set that came in the car are already wearing thin (16k on the car).

Anyone using a set of the all weather mats? If so do they fit properly, black match up with the carpet pretty well - really any comments on the mats would be appreciated.

Thanks

·
Registered
622 Posts
I got a set when I purchased in August 10. The fit is nice, no problems, still pliable, i.e., not hardening and stiff, nor cracking. Take them out and clean 'em up about twice a year. They still look good after 2 and a half years.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I leave the carpeted mats out and leave the rubber ones in year round.

The carpet mats get dirty too quick and I like the looks of the black rubber mats.
Had the CT for a year. I did the same thing on my previous car.

Happy new year.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I purchased the Weathertech mats about two months ago and
I would give them 4.5 out of 5 stars. They coverage is awesome especially in the back seat as it is all one piece and covers just about everything and holds plenty of water from snowy shoes. The only downside from these mats are the fact that the front passenger mat does tend to slip forward a bit when people are getting in an out. I do not have the back cargo mat but I think I may go to the Honda version instead for this one.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I purchased the Weathertech mats about two months ago and
I would give them 4.5 out of 5 stars. They coverage is awesome especially in the back seat as it is all one piece and covers just about everything and holds plenty of water from snowy shoes. The only downside from these mats are the fact that the front passenger mat does tend to slip forward a bit when people are getting in an out. I do not have the back cargo mat but I think I may go to the Honda version instead for this one.
Totally agree with this. ;)
Just got my Weathertechs front and rear before the first snowfall, and I LOVE em! The newer floormats from honda are extremely cheap and flimsy, with a foam backing to keep them in place.
you can REALLy see where manf's are cutting corners these days.

I too opted for the Honda rear floor mat, as it seemed a better "fit" with curved sides.
The rear cargo mat is an ESSENTIAL piece for the CT year round: who doesn't HAUL stuff in the back? Isn't that why we BOUGHT it?! :D
To me the carpet in the rear is just too delicate to leave uncovered.

I too tend to use the all-season floormats year-round, and the weathertechs actually LOOK nice too.

The Honda All-season floormats ARE cheaper by maybe $50, but you get way better coverage with the WT's.

gr

·
Registered
48 Posts
I was thinking of getting the WeatherTech mats since the pricing is similar to the Honda OEM all season mats here in Canada, but opted against it because there's lots of snow on the ground and my carpet mats will get muddy if I have to wait a couple of weeks for the mats to arrive.

Canadians seem to get hosed when it comes to Honda OEM parts/accessories. The Honda all season mats can be purchased in the US for about half the price they sell for in Canada. Even if I order from a US online store, the shipping cost makes the pricing similar to Canadian pricing. I shelled out just under $175(tax in) for my Honda all season mats yesterday, but I didn't really have any choice because of the weather.

Since I didn't need the cargo tray right away, I ended up ordering it from a US online store for $117 shipped. It sells for $135 plus tax up here, so I guess I save about $20. It's better than nothing I guess.

If I could afford to wait a few weeks, I would have purchased the WeatherTech DigitalFit Floor Liners since they appear to cover more area than the Honda all season mats.

WG

·
Registered
26 Posts
Canadian Pricing

I was thinking of getting the WeatherTech mats since the pricing is similar to the Honda OEM all season mats here in Canada, but opted against it because there's lots of snow on the ground and my carpet mats will get muddy if I have to wait a couple of weeks for the mats to arrive.

Canadians seem to get hosed when it comes to Honda OEM parts/accessories. The Honda all season mats can be purchased in the US for about half the price they sell for in Canada. Even if I order from a US online store, the shipping cost makes the pricing similar to Canadian pricing. I shelled out just under $175(tax in) for my Honda all season mats yesterday, but I didn't really have any choice because of the weather.

Since I didn't need the cargo tray right away, I ended up ordering it from a US online store for $117 shipped. It sells for $135 plus tax up here, so I guess I save about $20. It's better than nothing I guess.

If I could afford to wait a few weeks, I would have purchased the WeatherTech DigitalFit Floor Liners since they appear to cover more area than the Honda all season mats.

WG
It seems that you get taken advantage on car mats and magazines up there. :(

·
Registered
48 Posts
It seems that you get taken advantage on car mats and magazines up there. :(
Yup... we do. The one perk of living up here is, I get to utilize the Crosstour's AWD system on a regular basis due to snow and icy roads. I actually love driving up here cuz of the road conditions. I'd never buy an AWD vehicle if I lived in warm location that doesn't get snow.

WG

·
Registered
26 Posts
I agree

Yup... we do. The one perk of living up here is, I get to utilize the Crosstour's AWD system on a regular basis due to snow and icy roads. I actually love driving up here cuz of the road conditions. I'd never buy an AWD vehicle if I lived in warm location that doesn't get snow.

WG
I live in Salt Lake City so it can be pretty fun driving around in the snow as well. I just tried it out up my driveway that had 6" of snow and it went up it no problem. The only downside is they plow and salt (or sand for you) the roads to quickly to have too much fun :). I did try it with the traction control off and that is blast as well.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for all of the comments. For $65 I feel I can't lose with the OEM mats - and living in Ga. snow isn't a concern. Just need to watch the red clay...

I did order WT for my other Honda as all weather OEM mats are not an option (1988 CRX).

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
BTW - here is an option for keeping the mats in place. It is a pretty simple mod.

I borrowed this pic from a different Honda forum...

·
Registered
48 Posts
BTW - here is an option for keeping the mats in place. It is a pretty simple mod.

I borrowed this pic from a different Honda forum...
I don't think moving mats is a issue. Since the mats are designed for the CT, they shouldn't move around. I installed mine yesterday, and they all fit into place. I also locked the driver side mat, since the option is available.

WG

·
Registered
79 Posts
Those of you that got the WeatherTech mats, were they the 'digital fit' that have the higher sides, or the 'all weather' that are flat like the OEM mats?

Also, did anybody get the WT cargo liner? Is it a good fit? or should I go with OEM for that.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Digital Fit

Those of you that got the WeatherTech mats, were they the 'digital fit' that have the higher sides, or the 'all weather' that are flat like the OEM mats?

Also, did anybody get the WT cargo liner? Is it a good fit? or should I go with OEM for that.
Yes I got the digital fit and they do cover just about everything except for a little carpet on the side well by the door. The passenger side does slip even though they are digital fit. I was going to try some velcro on the bottom to see if that will help.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Yes I got the digital fit and they do cover just about everything except for a little carpet on the side well by the door. The passenger side does slip even though they are digital fit. I was going to try some velcro on the bottom to see if that will help.
Concur.
Digital Fit for me as well.
Passenger side slips, and driver's too if you REALLY press on it...but not enuff to
be an issue.
The OEM carpet now has foam backing to resist slippage. Any number of home fixes like velcro would make this a non-issue. :eek:
The REAR digital fit mats are THE BEST,given the coverage and how they are ONE piece that lay over the trans hump in the rear. These are WORTH the extra $$!

I opted for the OEM rear tray, but I don't think there's alot of difference between the two.
the OEM has a nice "bathtub" shape to hold dirt, mud, water. Works good for me, and fits well.
Nobody (including Honda) offers an implement to cover the back of the rear seats when in the folded-DOWN position.
I carry an old blanket around with me to cover the back of the seats, as the carpet on these will get dirty in a HURRY!

gr

·
Registered
79 Posts
Thanks for the feedback, looks like WT up front and OEM for the hatch.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I just rec'd my $65 OEM mats and better understand what everyone means by "flimsy". They are no where near as nice as the all weather OEM TSX mats I bought a few years back.

With that said I would purchase OEM again for $65 - they are well worth that and should still last a while...

·
Registered
4 Posts
I live in NC; however, I spend my winters in the Colorado Rockies skiing (Summit County - Keystone, Breckenridge, Copper, etc.) so weather protection is very important. The stock Honda weather floor mats are not sufficient to my needs. So, I will be ordering the digital fit mats before returning to Colorado at Christmas.

As an added note about slippage, the Honda mats are constantly slipping forward and must be pulled back into position.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Floor mats.

I also have a 2012 CT with Honda winter mats that I use all year round. Mine do not slip forward.

Did you remove the summer mats and then use the locking studs to secure the winter mats?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts