Honda Crosstour Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well the summer heat wave has hit and I’ve been using my air conditioning more frequently in my 2013 crosstour now, but I don’t know if it’s working to it’s full potential. For one thing the amount of air that comes out of the vents seems to be very minimal compared to our 2015 odyssey and 2004 CRV. And yes I have changed the cabin air filter. Anyone else having issues with low air flow? Also the air does not get real cold until I’m 10 minutes into my drive. My odyssey and crv are blowing cold much quicker and MUCH colder in general. The crosstour seems to never get as cold. I’m wondering if my compressor is failing or just needs a recharge. I do have 109k on the CT odometer, but the 04 Crv has 235k and blows ice cold. Thanks for any advice / feedback or any experiences you’ve had with your CT’s A/c.

·
Super Moderator
789 Posts
I would try two things. As for low air volume, I would try a day without the cabin air filter. See if that makes a difference. As for low temperatures when first starting, I would suggest you get some gauge readings on both the high and low side. It sounds like you could be low on refrigerant, but could be other things. Just have to start at square one and move on step by step.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Are your vent controls working properly? When on Max A.C., is the air only blowing from the front vents?
Besides a clogged cabin air filter (behind glove box), the blend door actuator can get stuck and allow your cool air to mixed with warm. Is your air cold until your engine warms up?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I would try two things. As for low air volume, I would try a day without the cabin air filter. See if that makes a difference. As for low temperatures when first starting, I would suggest you get some gauge readings on both the high and low side. It sounds like you could be low on refrigerant, but could be other things. Just have to start at square one and move on step by step.
Thanks, I’ll take out my cabin air filter and see if that makes any difference first. If it does what would that indicate?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Are your vent controls working properly? When on Max A.C., is the air only blowing from the front vents?
Besides a clogged cabin air filter (behind glove box), the blend door actuator can get stuck and allow your cool air to mixed with warm. Is your air cold until your engine warms up?
I don’t actually have a “max a/c”. Button on my 2013 like I do in the 04 crv but I have it on the lowest possible setting which is “LO”. But I have reason to believe the blender doors are not stuck because the air does eventually get cooler but it seems to take a long time to get cold. Thanks for the reply.

·
Super Moderator
789 Posts
Thanks, I’ll take out my cabin air filter and see if that makes any difference first. If it does what would that indicate?
We've seen some cases where fine sand or grit (Sahara Desert Air) that have been clogging both engine and cabin filters in the last month. It might not be this, but this is a NO COST thing to try to make sure. Because anyone you tell a problem of low air volume, they will all start with checking the cabin air filter. Even seen one person literally fold his cabin air filter and then just crunched it into the slot, believing double filteration would be better. Always good to start at the beginning.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Have you checked the factory installed condenser clutch relay (in the engine area relay switch box)? These are known to be faulty and/or failing, as evidenced by an internet search, including a YouTube video (for Accord). A simple $7 fix. It worked for my 2011 EX-L, and also eliminated an odd intermittent whirring noise.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts