Honda Crosstour Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Super Moderator
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Aftermarket wiper arm recommendation?

All,

While driving back from PA yesterday, a piece of flying ice from another vehicle hit my windshield and and managed to crack the driver's side wiper arm in 2 places (I was amazed the windshield didn't crack- that's how hard it hit). Has anyone purchased aftermarket ones that you would recommend?

Thanks.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Arm or blade? the Arm will have to most likely be a dealer part, the blade, I'd recommend the Rain-x or Bosch "blade" style blades, if that makes sense. They're the ones without the big multipiece frame.

·
Registered
241 Posts
All,

While driving back from PA yesterday, a piece of flying ice from another vehicle hit my windshield and and managed to crack the driver's side wiper arm in 2 places (I was amazed the windshield didn't crack- that's how hard it hit). Has anyone purchased aftermarket ones that you would recommend?

Thanks.
I have had great success with the Rain-x Latitude blades

·
Registered
534 Posts
Wow, I'd honestly love to see pics of the broken one, I've never seen one break other than in a crash lol

·
Super Moderator
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I threw it away : /

The chunk of ice that hit was quite large (flipped off an SUV's roof in the right lane) and crunched into my windshield with a loud THUD that startled all 4 of us in the car. So loud that I thought the windshield was toast for sure.

·
Registered
621 Posts

The chunk of ice that hit was quite large (flipped off an SUV's roof in the right lane) and crunched into my windshield with a loud THUD that startled all 4 of us in the car. So loud that I thought the windshield was toast for sure.
Ugh.

It really bends my rod when people don't clear snow/ice off of their roofs...

...especially since I make it a habit of riding my motorcycle year-round, and I'd prefer not to be hit with what you were hit with.

·
Super Moderator
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yup...

Never been hit by ice on a bike (that would kina suck) but a hay bale (that fell off a truck when it hit a bump in the road) almost took me out on a country road once. Best thing to be when on a motorcycle is alert for ANYTHING :D

·
Registered
123 Posts

Yeah, that Happened to me about 6 weeks ago. It was before I got my CT. An SUV let go of a massive block of ice from between the roof rails and it hit square on my windshield at 65 mph. Knocked down my radar detector and my fastlane toll thing - I was shocked that it didn't spiderweb the whole windshield!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts