Honda Crosstour Forums banner

aftermarket wheel/tire size

28K views 30 replies 15 participants last post by  09Jdee 
#1 ·
I have the EX-L with 18 standard... should I go 20/45 or 19/45... I want to keep the ride height if possible and I don't want to put too much strain on the tranny.

thanx

#4 ·
I am also looking at putting a lower profile tire on my crosstour.
I am looking at 19" or 20" Rims.
I'm being told that the 20" tires will be performance tires and will wear much faster.
I had this issues on my M5, good performance, but last less than 20,000 miles so it is costly.
The crosstour isn't a perfomance vehicle for me, so I think the 19" is a better choice. There are Yokohoma tires that have a 60,000 mile tread life.

I have not yet purchased anything, but there are some of the factors I am considering.

Has anyone installed 19" or 20" wheels on the Crosstour? If so, what has your experience been?

I assume that putting on a lower profile and wider tire will help with the corner handling, and I think this will be an improvement to what I have experienced. Again, would appreciate any feedback by someone who has put 19" or 20" wheels on their crosstour.

Thanks,
JD

#5 ·
Not sure if this is your question, but the recommended tire sizes for 19" Wheels are 245/50 or 255/50 (245's being closer to the OE diameter). For 20" Wheels, 245/45 or 255/45 (again, with the 245's being closer to the OE diameter).

#6 ·
I'm not a wheel/ tire expert by any means that's why I have no idea what size to go to and keep the ride height the same. But wouldn't getting 19's and low profile tires drop the ride height considerably? The tires wrapped around the stock 18s are pretty thick which is why I ask...

#7 ·
Not necessarily. If done correctly, the increase in wheel diameter will be offset by the decrease in tire sidewall height. You want to try and maintain the original wheel/tire diameter which will keep ride height as close to stock as possible. The tire sizes that I provided in the above post will keep you close to OE ride height or within acceptable parameters.

#8 ·
Thanks a lot man! I was considering the HFP 19 in rims that you can get for the coupe but I thought they wouldn't fit the car properly but I get what you're saying now lol...

#11 ·
YEA MAN! This car has an incredible presence at nightand the rims look bigger than they actually are. everyone asks me if they're 20s lol

#14 ·
I really can't see the bolt pattern being different, tho it just might be, but the offset could be the limiting factor.

You'd think brake and body clearances would be ok too on the CT if they are on the Accord.

Might give the CT wheel offsets in the O/M. I know it does in my Lexus O/M does for it.
Anyway, it sounds like the dealer has a handle of that info.

C.

#15 ·
Merceli Wheels M-20 - 22 inch

I purchased my CT about 2 Months ago. Went to the dealer and saw the black CT in showroom with 22's. Had not been lowered just rim change. Looked GREAT!, and they sold another CT that day!!. CT on those 18 stocks looks like a body builder.... Top Heavy!!, with little chicken legs... Went out purchased M20 rim Model, Had the fender Shaved Down in order to prevent tire damage. Looks great Rides great. Would want to lower ( and would look better with 1-2 inch drop.) but don't wanna slow down to 5MPH going over roadkill. Windy weekend =( dirty ATM but here is how it looks

#21 ·
I purchased my CT about 2 Months ago. Went to the dealer and saw the black CT in showroom with 22's. Had not been lowered just rim change. Looked GREAT!, and they sold another CT that day!!. CT on those 18 stocks looks like a body builder.... Top Heavy!!, with little chicken legs... Went out purchased M20 rim Model, Had the fender Shaved Down in order to prevent tire damage. Looks great Rides great. Would want to lower ( and would look better with 1-2 inch drop.) but don't wanna slow down to 5MPH going over roadkill. Windy weekend =( dirty ATM but here is how it looks

AWESOME! I just have to convince the wife...

#24 ·
Years ago when I still had my 96 cavalier I used a product called Night Shade to tint the tail lights (I imagine it's a well known products by now) but it did a great job getting the right look (3 coats looked nice and dark) without reducing the effectiveness of the lights the way covers do.

#26 · (Edited)
Please somebody help me i bought these 20 inch staggard rims 8.5 wide fronts and 10 wide backs for my crosstour and now it's time to change the tires. The original tires were 225/45 in front and 285/30 in rear. I hate these as they were too thin for my liking. So prematurely I bought some 275/45/20s im stuck with i know they will mount and fit the rims for both widths but im worried about clearance now and if the would fit. Did I just shoot myself in the foot?

Attachments

#27 ·
If you're trying mount them all around, you may very well run into issues in the front... at least you can put 2 in the rear...

I run 20s but no way I'd run that thin in NYC (even if other slammed rides do).
I've never had a problem with 245/45R20 all around... the feel is definitely a bit more on the sporty side, but since you're going staggered, I don't know if they would mount in the rear... either way, best of luck on that one.

#28 ·
Yea im in Houston Texas horrible streets flooding. Hence such a thick tire to add to my overall height.The staggard looks awesome from the back as it protrudes giving a more sporty appearance. However these tires I know will diminish that look a litte bit. Scuse the bumper it was getting fixed. But yea i always wanted some more meat in the Front or back. These tires are safely rated to fit both these size rims in width

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.