Honda Crosstour Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not sure how many people here know that an aftermarket dashkit is made for the 2010-12 Crosstours w/ Nav. I suppose they released it Aug 2014. Below are the Part numbers for the parts that I used.

Metra Online
70-1730 (Wire Harness)
95-7807 (Dash Kit)
40-HD10 (Antenna Adapter)

Taking apart the Dash was actually quite easy. If anyone has any questions about the install, ask away! Sorry for not documenting the install.

·
Registered
29 Posts
By doing this you would not be able to access the navigation menu or other features as well which are displayed through the navigation screen since all the navigation controls (knobs, buttons) have been removed. I have to say though I am not a fan of the navigation system on the 2010. Nice looking stereo though. It certainly helps to declutter the button panel. The faceplate surrounding that unit must be aftermarket too as it is seamless all the way across.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
By doing this you would not be able to access the navigation menu or other features as well which are displayed through the navigation screen since all the navigation controls (knobs, buttons) have been removed. I have to say though I am not a fan of the navigation system on the 2010. Nice looking stereo though. It certainly helps to declutter the button panel. The faceplate surrounding that unit must be aftermarket too as it is seamless all the way across.
You are correct the panel is after marker its in the OP. As for the Factory Navigation yeah it's worthless now. It was pretty worthless anyways. The new unit I put in has Apple CarPlay so I can use Maps off my phone and it actually is always updated for free :) I'm eventually going to put a Raw screen up where the factory screen is and use it for aftermarket backup camera (Just going to mirrior the units output) since that was disabled too!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a 2012 Crosstour EX-L w/Navi and I'm interested in adding an aftermarket radio, seems like what you did worked.

Can you not use the factory backup camera with the new radio, doesn't the pioneer avh-4000nex have an input for it?

Kinda sucks to lose the backup camera...also wish there was an easier way to utilize the top screen :/

·
Registered
22 Posts
I decided to upgrade the actual amplifiers, and all the speakers, and kept the factory 6-CD changer and radio and Navi features along with the backup cam.
For many, an easy "fix" to the abysmal sound quality from the front speakers, is to replace the little capacitor at the front tweeters, with an actual 12dB/Oct (or better) passive 2 way crossover (preferably installed inside the car not the door). There are lots to choose from, with various crossover points, which will affect overall tonal characteristics.
Install should be easy, once the door panel and tweeter panel are removed.
Automotive tire Automotive wheel system Gas Motor vehicle Automotive design

Bypass the capacitor, by shorting it, or removing it carefully.
Try a passive 2 way crossover .

1 - 6 of 6 Posts