Honda Crosstour Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Loving my new CT and wanting to improve gas milage/HP and emissions with G force performance chip and wondering if anyone has done or attempted this with there CT? The extra HP not really needed but to improve milage 4-7 per gallon seems attractive with gas only going up and will easily pay for itself quickly.Wonder if there just that,too good to be true?:rolleyes:

·
Registered
622 Posts
Not a clue, but will be interested to hear if anyone has some real knowledge on this chip.

·
Registered
761 Posts
Loving my new CT and wanting to improve gas milage/HP and emissions with G force performance chip and wondering if anyone has done or attempted this with there CT? The extra HP not really needed but to improve milage 4-7 per gallon seems attractive with gas only going up and will easily pay for itself quickly.Wonder if there just that,too good to be true?:rolleyes:
Welcome Magfish and congrats on the new CT.....I've not chipped my CT but am considering a Livernois chip from SCTflash.com for my new SHO.
Very reputable company from what I can gather who market an excellent product.

G/L with the new CT.
C.

·
Registered
622 Posts
Welcome Magfish and congrats on the new CT.....I've not chipped my CT but am considering a Livernois chip from SCTflash.com for my new SHO.
Very reputable company from what I can gather who market an excellent product.

G/L with the new CT.
C.

Colin,

How do these chips do in enhancing gas mileage?

·
Registered
183 Posts
C'mon.... It's been my understanding that all of these chips are nothing but snake oil. Show me independent test results...

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
the claim is...

They monitor a better fuel air ratio with no effect on the engine warranty producing less emissions and better fuel economy but how the HP is increased I'm not sure. The're trying to appeal to all three sectors at once : the enviromentalist,the economist and the mussel head and seems like a tough combo to please.It smells of snake oil but has solid teck behind it.I was going to take a pill to make my penis larger but thought better of that too haha.:cool:

·
Registered
622 Posts
Let us know on the pill too Magfish. LOL.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Programmers work. Cars are very limited within tight restrictions for the sake of emissins and things, but very run of the mill. Programmers, along with proper dyno tuning can bring out all that hidden power. Even if it's only a few extra ponies, the added power from the car running better can equal better mileage. I get almost 30mpg out of my mustang with a blower on it, unles I lay into it, then it's more like 5 gallons per mile lol

The driver has more to do with fuel mileage than anything. Do some research on these ultra milers that are getting astronomical numbers and you can learn some decent techniques for improving gas mileage.

·
Registered
241 Posts
I don’t know about the chip but don’t get a Liberator Fuel Saver for this ride. My bro talked me into it for a $46 loss. Can’t tell any difference in mpg or other? Now my Toyota Tacoma 03 is a different story. I can still hardly believe how much better the engine runs, yes it ran good to begin with but shifting (automatic) is seamless and more power. Mpg up by maybe 1 and not worth money for that, but boy that sucker runs smoother now and pulls hills better with the V6...
All the Liberator does is lean fuel out and creates more air intake turbulence. Sits between throttle body and motor.
Snake oil on CT. cause she doesn’t feel any difference…her car.
Sweet on Tacoma. She noticed it big time.
SORRY to be off subject.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I don’t know about the chip but don’t get a Liberator Fuel Saver for this ride. My bro talked me into it for a $46 loss. Can’t tell any difference in mpg or other? Now my Toyota Tacoma 03 is a different story. I can still hardly believe how much better the engine runs, yes it ran good to begin with but shifting (automatic) is seamless and more power. Mpg up by maybe 1 and not worth money for that, but boy that sucker runs smoother now and pulls hills better with the V6...
All the Liberator does is lean fuel out and creates more air intake turbulence. Sits between throttle body and motor.
Snake oil on CT. cause she doesn’t feel any difference…her car.
Sweet on Tacoma. She noticed it big time.
SORRY to be off subject.
Thanks for your input,the more I read and learn about these Chips the more I smell the snake oil and possible engine damage in the long run but got the 6yr extended warranty just in case.haha.:eek:

·
Registered
761 Posts
Colin,

How do these chips do in enhancing gas mileage?
Hey bro, From what I can gather, the chips will yield a little more gas mileage: in the neighbourhood of 2 to 3 on the Ford SHO but the Livernois one I want also yields about 100hp and 100ft lbs!!!!! Not bad for $500.:)

I see that the one I want for the SHO isn't available for most imports (according to their website).
So if anyone is interested they have to contact them for info. on availability.

Oh, and apparantly these are very real, yielding good hp on the dyno and decent timeslips at the track.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Its a different world changing the programming on a turbo car and a car like this...

Id use caution changing the ecm programming on a car like this with the fuel management it has already.. it is pretty good for what it is...

changing things around on many modern cars can have a negative effect. ie, changing the exhaust on an S2000 will actually reduce the HP..

1 - 12 of 12 Posts