Honda Crosstour Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I am a new member and a new owner of 2010 Crosstour EX-L. I was not familiar with the model until I test drove it and then I was sold. Bought it on the spot!

My questions concern the bling spots and the need for a navigation system, especially for the rear view camera feature. The dealer urged me to consider a navigation sytem for the blind spot.

What is your experience? Are the effective work arounds?

Since my car did not have a navi system, I would to get a after market. The dealer tells me that Honda will not allow a factory model to be installed at this point.

His recommendation is the JVC. No model number provided. With install, it will be about $1700. Anyone have experience with the JVC aftermarket navi system? Does it coordinate well with the satellite radio, and other Honda Crossfire features? Also, I'm hoping that it does not look like a clumsy add-on.

Your experience and suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks
Terrence

·
Registered
93 Posts
Props to member Scoob for posting this a while back.

http://www.linquist.net/motorsports/tech/mirrors/

It will take a little bit to get used to; used to drive be nuts. After applying the tips from this link, I fine tuned the settings for me one day while in one hour of stop-and-go traffic. I picked two cars on either side of me and fine-tuned the mirrors as I passed them or they passed me over the course of that hour.

It WILL take time, but you WILL get used to it.

·
Registered
621 Posts
My concern with the aftermarket touch screen units is that the screen is painfully far away... at least for me. I can't imagine trying to use a touch screen in that location.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hmm.... that is interesting. never thought of the reach factor.

Does anyone know the model number of the JVC navi which would work with the 2010 CT?

Also, anyone have a picture for visual?

Thanks
Terrence

·
Registered
13 Posts
I know that the Soundstream S-81ACRD will work fine. I have one on order and should have it next week. This units will work with the existing factory radio and keep the steering wheel controls functional. It will give me a navigation on a 8" screen that will replace the one above the radio and retain all existing data. I will also add the VDVD 210 for DVD viewing. You can google it to get more information but I hope this will help.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts