Honda Crosstour Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just purchased a 2010 Honda Certified Crosstour EX with less than 8,000 miles. I have ordered and will be installing a Rydeen Rear View Mirror Navigation System with backup camera. I need to run a cable from the rearview mirror, across the headliner and down the A pillar. Does anyone know how to safely remove and then reinstall the A pillar?

·
Registered
621 Posts
I just purchased a 2010 Honda Certified Crosstour EX with less than 8,000 miles. I have ordered and will be installing a Rydeen Rear View Mirror Navigation System with backup camera. I need to run a cable from the rearview mirror, across the headliner and down the A pillar. Does anyone know how to safely remove and then reinstall the A pillar?
I can do you one better!

Here are the directions, from Honda, on how to install the remote starter.

It details the process for removing and reassembling the A pillar.

http://www.handa-accessories.com/accord/crosstourremotstart.pdf

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've installed the rearview mirror. I was bit concerned how it might look and work, but I must say I am quite impressed with the unit. It doesn't look out of place at all, and thus far the navigation unit has worked flawlessly. Having the navigation unit built into the review mirror allows you to quickly scan the screen without really taking your eyes off the road.

I'm a bit hesitant to install the rearview camera because of the very cold weather we're having h're in MN. I'm concerned that I might break some of the trim pieces that I have to remove in the rear hatch area. As soon as I get that installed, I'll post an update on how that feature works.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts