Honda Crosstour Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I purchased the advanced cargo net for the trunk area and installed it yesterday by attaching to the 4 tie points that come with the Crosstour. There are two additional lugs that come with the net kit that can be installed in the trunk area to allow for different configurations of the net. However, I believe I have to take apart the trunk liner sides and drill holes in order to install these net lugs looking at the instructions that come with the net. The instructions are not clear by the way and don't direct you to do any drilling.

My question is: Has anybody installed an advanced net for the trunk of their Crosstour and installed the two lugs on the trunk sides to allow for different net configurations? If so, how did you install these lugs? Did you have to drill and remove and reinstall the liner? I could not find any preinstalled ports or threaded lugs in the Crosstour in the area where they recommend installing them.

·
Registered
237 Posts
I just use the Rola Organizer for my trunk needs:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000E83D6G

Between that and the storage bins... it does the job for me.. I havn't really looked at the netting - do you have a link to what you purchased?

·
Registered
9 Posts
I had the advanced net installed by my dealer at a cost of $90. The two top connections do indeed require taking apart the inner side panels and drilling holes and using some special tools. It took about 1-1.5 hrs. Believe me, I royally bitched about Honda designing a net that required that extensive an installation. They could have installed the top brackets at the factory for pennies...most likely a bean counter and greed thing!

·
Premium Member
327 Posts
The days of an old cardboard box in the trunk are gone! LOL

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I had the advanced net installed by my dealer at a cost of $90. The two top connections do indeed require taking apart the inner side panels and drilling holes and using some special tools. It took about 1-1.5 hrs. Believe me, I royally bitched about Honda designing a net that required that extensive an installation. They could have installed the top brackets at the factory for pennies...most likely a bean counter and greed thing!

Thanks Mike, I appreciate. You confirmed what I suspected. I am not drilling any holes. I will just use the basic configuration, laying flat on the cargo deck.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts