Honda Crosstour Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello guys
Thanks for creating this awesome forum and meeting wonderful people here. I am looking to get a 2012 Honda Crosstour or anything similar but I'm really interested in this one, unfortunately this car has salvage title and I am looking to the community to check if there is anything else I should be looking out for while doing my inspection day, and I will purchase the car report to see damage and other details.

They are asking for the price of $8,500 and it has 89437 miles with a Salvage Title.
If you guys have any suggestions on what to look at.
thanks
UPDATE:
After everyone's insightful comments I decided to do my due diligence before spending so much money especially after concerns raised here. I requested the VIN number from the owner and started by searching on VIN CHECK for any historical records that could shine light into its past. To my surprise, I saw photos after entering the VIN number so my curiosity piqued and I took a bite. Turns out a $15.00 report saved me $4,800 and some change to be exact. Funny enough when confronting the seller about it he literally stopped responding to my texts and calls. I couldn’t have been happier overall and will take car buying a lot more cautiously after this close experience.

Report Link: Get Instant Vehicle History Report

Automotive parking light Car Vehicle registration plate Vehicle Plant

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive tail & brake light

Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Car seat cover Automotive design

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Obviously do a Carfax and then look deep under the carpets (possible flooded vehicle). With all the flooding we have had, flooded vehicles turn up everywhere.
Pull the seat belts out all the way. Do they return smoothly? Move the front seats all the way back and forth. Are they smooth? Often sand and grit get into the seat belt mechanism and seat mechanism and most shops tend to not replace these items as they are too expensive. Get the owner to put in an email or paper why it has a salvage title. In most state it is fraud for an owner to sell a damaged repaired or flooded vehicle and not tell the new owner. Last test: With all the windows rolled up on a hot day, just sit in the car for a few moments. If it is a flooded vehicle you will start to smell the mold/moisture left in the car. Try and have a professional mechanic inspect the vehicle.
Thanks for your suggestion, I'm going to get the Carfax and share it with you guys soon, I don't wanna have headache later on.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
UPDATE:
After everyone's insightful comments I decided to do my due diligence before spending so much money especially after concerns raised here. I requested the VIN number from the owner and started by searching on VIN CHECK for any historical records that could shine light into its past. To my surprise, I saw photos after entering the VIN number so my curiosity piqued and I took a bite. Turns out a $15.00 report saved me $4,800 and some change to be exact. Funny enough when confronting the seller about it he literally stopped responding to my texts and calls. I couldn’t have been happier overall and will take car buying a lot more cautiously after this close experience.

Report Link: Get Instant Vehicle History Report
Wheel Car Tire Land vehicle Automotive parking light

Car Wheel Land vehicle Tire Vehicle

Car Land vehicle Wheel Tire Vehicle

1 - 3 of 3 Posts