Honda Crosstour Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2012 just came up with a problem with ABS system. ABS, brake and traction control lights on instrument panel. Any ideas as to address this problem would be helpful.

·
Registered
2012 Honda Crosstour
8 Posts
I had the same issues… here’s a copy from my post a little while ago when someone else posted about it:
So I have a 2012- EX-L
Same exact problem... had a friend of mine try replacing the wheel sensors.. which needed to be replaced because they were welded in on the front wheels... but of course that did not fix the issue.. he did some further research and found exactly what you said and research says it’s a issue with many Honda’s.... he can fix it but I just checked and I still have the extended warranty.... so I’m taking it in... we will see if they will cover it before I have to come out of pocket.
It was covered… it’s the abs modulator…cost without the warranty would have been $1700
As I was leaving the shop I was parked right next to another crosstour.. 2015…. In for the same exact thing and owner had a 2010 before which also had the same issue.. fixed both and still loves the crosstour
I have had no issues since… that was last year … I would still buy another if they were to make them again…

·
Registered
'13 EX-L
13 Posts
Same problem here,too bad we don’t have techs or folks with knowledge in the group to help solve these issues
Could try posting in more active forums for similar year Hondas/acuras. Im not 100% sure but Id imagine Accords and TLs would have similar tech. Many interchangeable parts after all

·
Registered
187 Posts
These sensors can fail, especially if you drive where roads are salted. Replacing the sensor can turn into a larger repair because of the rust, often it requires the hub/wheel bearing to be replaced too.

·
Registered
'13 EX-L
13 Posts
These sensors can fail, especially if you drive where roads are salted. Replacing the sensor can turn into a larger repair because of the rust, often it requires the hub/wheel bearing to be replaced too.
I had a similar experience in the past with my old Honda Element. One wheel bearing replacement turned into needing a new cv axle and abs sensor despite them being perfectly fine prior. ABS sensor was seized in its hole and was a casualty when the bearing was removed.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Female here with a 2014 Honda Crosstour. I had the same exact issue as the initial post...brake, abs, and traction control lights coming on randomly. When I turn the car off and back on they are off but eventually appear again. I took mine to a "specialized honda" shop and while there was a code (121-111) they are baffled. I told them I would search the internet and that's how I came upon your post. Any recommendations from the initial post(er) you have been through this? I'd appreciate any advice.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Female here with a 2014 Honda Crosstour. I had the same exact issue as the initial post...brake, abs, and traction control lights coming on randomly. When I turn the car off and back on they are off but eventually appear again. I took mine to a "specialized honda" shop and while there was a code (121-111) they are baffled. I told them I would search the internet and that's how I came upon your post. Any recommendations from the initial post(er) you have been through this? I'd appreciate any advice.
Looks like it is one of the solenoids inside of the ABS/VSA module. Normally dealer would replace whole module for huge price and with chip shortage many parts show TBA (after all we are throw away society). You could try sending the module to be repaired. Repair places would refurbish your module, so no reprogramming required.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts