Honda Crosstour Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

My sister is about to purchase a 2010 white/black CT EX-L 4WD.

I tried to get them to sell it for $29,500 but they refused. We haggled for a bit and got a quote for $30,400 out the door.

1) Are we getting a good deal? It is 2011 and we are buying a 2010...
2) I read that some people were able to get an 8 year/120k warranty plan for $1100.00. Should I asked for that price, and if I dont get it should I walk??

Thanks Ahead of time for the help.

Will be going to finalize the deal tomorrow if all goes well...

Thanks

·
Registered
111 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I bought my 2010 EX-L 4WD(with out Nav) back in December and almost the same price. If you do a search there is a thread where many of us posted prices. Honda was offering 0.9% financing, not sure what they are doing now.
8 yr/120 seems good. I was offered it for $1900. I did not buy it but can purchase anytime during the factory warranty period. 2010's have to be getting a bit scarce. My dealer had to DX it from another dealer. Not sure if they are dealing on 2011's yet.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Well, the MSRP on a '10 is just under 35, the invoice is just under 32. For a 2010, you should be able to get them down to 29,500, easy. They need to get rid of them. I was looking at 27.7 for a 10.

My advice is to call around to other dealers. Tell them what you've been offered and tell them what you're willing to pay. They can do it, no question.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I got the 2010 EXL 4WD no Nav. I did the online quote and one of them offer me 27.7K (not including the delivery fee). End up, I ask them install the backup sensor for me for free. I bought it 2010 Nov. I think there is room for u to get a better price as they need to get rid of it. So far, I love the car and nothing wrong.

·
Registered
93 Posts
It's a good deal if YOU think it's a good deal!!

YOU have to live with it, not everyone else who says they paid whatever.
I don't believe half of them anyway and neither should you.

It HAS to be what YOU are happy with.......

·
Registered
111 Posts
Well said britye. The price I paid for my car my seem high, but I haggled an extra $1200 on my trade, so I am happy and I like the car.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I would go to Truecar.com for your zip code and see what is going on with this price.
If 30400 is OTD price it looks to be a very good deal.

For those who think that dealers would give any discount for last year price I have to remind that the car can be sold in some part of the world for a big number of dollars. (for example in Russia it will go on sale this year staring 1800000 rub. = 60000 dollars). To ship the car cost $1500 plus $18000 local taxes. Many dealers on the auctions will be more than happy to buy the new car even if it is last year.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks everyone for the feed backs.

I personally thing it is a good deal, but just wasn't sure if it really is since its already 2011.

I was pretty stiff about walking if they couldnt get at or below 30k OTD.
But we've search the inventory of some of the honda's around and they really did not have the color she wanted white/baclk EX-L AWD w/o navi.

I thought $400 extra isnt too big to pay for the exact color she wants.
Also since she saw this car first came out on display at Costco, she has loved it.

Again Thanks for the feed backs, I think this is a pretty much done deal.

Going to go in and finish some paperwork with her later tonight, going to try and get them to give me that warranty package for around $1100.00.

And also ask for free installation on the backup sensors as well...

Is the visibility really that bad on it? Or can we go with out the sensors?

Thanks
-C

·
Registered
30 Posts
Is the visibility really that bad on it? Or can we go with out the sensors?

Thanks
-C
I'm 5'2" and do not have extra senses - I do not think sensors are very critical, but I came from driving a minivan for several years and used to limited visibility.

It depends what you will campoare it too - do not comrate to Honda Fit. But compare to many hatchbacks it is very OK.

·
Registered
73 Posts
It's a good deal if YOU think it's a good deal!!

YOU have to live with it, not everyone else who says they paid whatever.
I don't believe half of them anyway and neither should you.

It HAS to be what YOU are happy with.......
While this is true, it does not apply, in any way, to value. Sure, you have to live with it, but that doesn't mean you should pay more than you have to.

This is something I would tell myself if I didn't feel like I was getting a good deal. I would think, oh well, it was totally worth it. Why not save yourself some money.

Oh, and FYI, here is my purchase order for my 2011. I got it at a 2010 price (by dealer's mistake), nevertheless, this was the price they were willing to take on a 2010.

My advice to you is, decide what you're willing to pay and haggle until you find a dealer that's willing to accept. As long as it's reasonable, they will sell you the car. I would definitely not pay over invoice, especially for a car that's already a year old!

·
Registered
18 Posts
demo deal

The demo 2010 was the deal for me! look for those as there still around.They can write off 2-3% just because its a demo with some break in miles on it and go from there.I saved over $14K going for demo rather than 2011 when you figure in taxes ect. Lost 6000 miles in waranty but it was the color and trim I wanted so looks like I might get the hot tub after all.(hope she buys that reasoning:eek:)haha.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Visibility

I worried about the visibility before buying but it turned out to be no issue. I don't have the sensors and don't miss them at all; no problem parking or backing, or at least no greater problem than in the minivan that I traded in.

·
Registered
622 Posts
You didn't mention a trade, if not , if they give you 29k for a price on the car and even 5% tax, that is 30450.00. Not too shabby.

I opted for the Navi for the back up camera. The Boss usually drives the CT, all of the mailboxes in the neighborhood have thanked me. To each his own.

Good luck.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Got my 2010 EX-L 4WD w/ Navi, floormats & mat for the hatch, and a few other options - It had 17k miles on it, spent $27,400.

Edit: Got the 120k warranty for 1,100

1 - 14 of 14 Posts