Honda Crosstour Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, ive had a 2012 Honda Accord Coupe EX-L V6 Automatic No Navigation with 182,000 Miles for just exactly a year now, i wanted an SUV before i purchased that car but ended up buying that from my mechanic due to the price and it coming with a long list of new parts to make it reliable. i decided i want a crosstour, specifically the 2013-2015 facelift to be a small Tech upgrade from my 2012 Accord. i found a 2014 with 56,000 miles for 21K (was sitting for a month and went down like 5k in that time) from a honda dealer an hour away, but it had a lot of weird issues when i looked at the photos, i like the idea of only 56,000 miles but it looked weird so ive decided to skip it. i found some others i liked, and ive currently settled on a 2015 Honda Accord Crosstour EX-L V6 4WD in the Black Color i wanted, its supposed to come with 4 new tires and new front brakes, 105,000 miles priced at just under $21,000. i know its a few thousand over priced but dealers always charge more. ill be able to see it hopefully in a week, and im wondering about anything specific i should check? i assume it was traded in at 105,000 miles to avoid normal maintenance at this time like the Timing belt, Water Pump/Tensioners, Serpentine Belt, Maybe Spark Plugs and Coil Packs? any known issues i should be looking out for when checking over it? i heard the Facelifted ones have a Misaligned starter issue from the 9th gen accord which i guess usually can be fixed by a Starter replacement from honda, but not always. i have a J35Z2 now so the J35Y1 should sound similar when running normally. Any other known issues im unaware of?

·
Premium Member
119 Posts
With 105,000 miles on the clock, I doubt if the timing belt has been replaced. If not, get that done and, while you're in there, replace the water pump and idler pulley. If the transmission fluid and/or coolant hasn't been swapped yet, do that as well.

Other than that, a standard "used car check up" by a reputable shop, that includes a compression test of all cylinders, would be a good thing to do.

These engines can go 500,000 miles if you take care of them. Likewise the transaxles. Expect to replace wheel bearings and brake components and the occasional thing that breaks, like the rear camera mount (see other posts on that).

Swap out the six speakers, but not the head unit.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
With 105,000 miles on the clock, I doubt if the timing belt has been replaced. If not, get that done and, while you're in there, replace the water pump and idler pulley. If the transmission fluid and/or coolant hasn't been swapped yet, do that as well.

Other than that, a standard "used car check up" by a reputable shop, that includes a compression test of all cylinders, would be a good thing to do.

These engines can go 500,000 miles if you take care of them. Likewise the transaxles. Expect to replace wheel bearings and brake components and the occasional thing that breaks, like the rear camera mount (see other posts on that).

Swap out the six speakers, but not the head unit.
I can buy a compression tester and do that myself if you think that's needed. I plan to take a spark plug out and inspect the piston head before I purchase.

I have a j35z2, so I know they are Bulletproof. I was worried about the speakers since I heard they only went downhill in quality after the 8th gen, so that's dissapointing. The system in my Accord coupe is impressive aside from the rear deck rattle

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi, ive had a 2012 Honda Accord Coupe EX-L V6 Automatic No Navigation with 182,000 Miles for just exactly a year now, i wanted an SUV before i purchased that car but ended up buying that from my mechanic due to the price and it coming with a long list of new parts to make it reliable. i decided i want a crosstour, specifically the 2013-2015 facelift to be a small Tech upgrade from my 2012 Accord. i found a 2014 with 56,000 miles for 21K (was sitting for a month and went down like 5k in that time) from a honda dealer an hour away, but it had a lot of weird issues when i looked at the photos, i like the idea of only 56,000 miles but it looked weird so ive decided to skip it. i found some others i liked, and ive currently settled on a 2015 Honda Accord Crosstour EX-L V6 4WD in the Black Color i wanted, its supposed to come with 4 new tires and new front brakes, 105,000 miles priced at just under $21,000. i know its a few thousand over priced but dealers always charge more. ill be able to see it hopefully in a week, and im wondering about anything specific i should check? i assume it was traded in at 105,000 miles to avoid normal maintenance at this time like the Timing belt, Water Pump/Tensioners, Serpentine Belt, Maybe Spark Plugs and Coil Packs? any known issues i should be looking out for when checking over it? i heard the Facelifted ones have a Misaligned starter issue from the 9th gen accord which i guess usually can be fixed by a Starter replacement from honda, but not always. i have a J35Z2 now so the J35Y1 should sound similar when running normally. Any other known issues im unaware of?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Yes do all maintenance work now at 105k, you will be saving $$thousands .00, i some how forgot about my timing belt on my 2010 crosstour and it lasted only to 163k, and the cost when the mechanic was done with it was over $5200 . Bent valves, so get it changed out b4 it costs you big bucks...

·
Registered
31 Posts
Make sure the Airbags have been replaced due to Takata recalls.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Make sure the Airbags have been replaced due to Takata recalls.
Yeah those are old recalls they all should by now. Only the passenger on my accord hasn't been. I'm about to buy one tomorrow, found a much better price just lots of rock chips in the front, can't take stuff apart like with that other car but it seems like a good dealer

• Helpful
Reactions: Roc'n'Suze

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I never updated here. That one had problems, I almost bought it too but thank God it didn't work out and I won't make that mistake again. Found another one with navigation 101k miles and got that one. Really wish it had 50k miles or less but even at 100k it should last many years

1 - 8 of 8 Posts