Honda Crosstour Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This was our my first snow since I've bought my CT.... I was so proud of my 4 wheel drive...heads were turning as they were walking down the street here in the NorthWest:) The Snow was no challenge for the Crosstour...it was great.

Attachments

·
Registered
156 Posts
Yea, that AWD is fantastic. I find the car has handles great already (especially considering the size) but with the AWD it handles the snow like nobody's business.

You'll really notice the difference if you get back in a FWD only car on slippery snow. I drove a Ford Fusion yesterday for work and the roads (the residential streets especially) were still pretty snow packed and slippery. Although not a bad car, I couldn't beleive the wheel spin when trying to take off from a slippery corner. Makes me wonder how I ever got along without AWD!!!

·
Super Moderator
373 Posts
Yup- mine did great last year (no snow to speak of so far this year).

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yea, that AWD is fantastic. I find the car has handles great already (especially considering the size) but with the AWD it handles the snow like nobody's business.

You'll really notice the difference if you get back in a FWD only car on slippery snow. I drove a Ford Fusion yesterday for work and the roads (the residential streets especially) were still pretty snow packed and slippery. Although not a bad car, I couldn't beleive the wheel spin when trying to take off from a slippery corner. Makes me wonder how I ever got along without AWD!!!
If I'm correct the Honda does not make an All Wheel Drive Crosstour? It's a real time 4 wheel drive. I guess meaning it will only kick into 4 wheel drive when needed. Other than that it's a two wheel drive during regular condition. A AWD I think is when you have a button in your car and you can turn it into a AWD? The crosstour is a label on your back hatch as a 4WD. Unless the 2012 are AWD?

·
Registered
4 Posts
If I'm correct the Honda does not make an All Wheel Drive Crosstour? It's a real time 4 wheel drive. I guess meaning it will only kick into 4 wheel drive when needed. Other than that it's a two wheel drive during regular condition. A AWD I think is when you have a button in your car and you can turn it into a AWD? The crosstour is a label on your back hatch as a 4WD. Unless the 2012 are AWD?
thats correct!!! :) It's not a true AWD system like a subaru.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Thanks Tips, I'm glad you set me straight on that one!

·
Registered
621 Posts
While it is true that our CTs don't have an "AWD" system as people have come to know from other manufacturers, Honda/Acura do have those types of systems available and have even announced recently that they are going to bring them to the Honda lines.

Here is something from Wiki regarding the newer Acura SH-AWD system:

On November 30, 2011, as part of the publicity surrounding the 2011 Tokyo Auto Show, Honda announced a new implementation of SH-AWD[22] as part of its "Earth Dreams Technology". The new hybrid electric SH-AWD would be based on an all new 3.5 L V-6 and three electric motors and lithium-ion battery technology. The V-6 would be mated to a 30 kW electric motor which could operate independently of the V-6, unlike earlier mild hybrid Honda IMA configurations. In addition, each rear wheel would have a 20 kW electric motor that would operate independently, varying torque as conditions demand. On a turn, the electric motor would apply torque to the outside rear wheel, while the inside rear wheel motor would drag, amplifying the SH-AWD effect. At the same time, the dragging motor would act as a generator, feeding power to the outside wheel motor. If the lithium ion pack became depleted, the V-6 would power the front electric motor as generator to feed electricity to rear wheels while also charging the battery. A prototype of this system was shown in a test mule using an 8th generation North American version of the Honda Accord [23][24].

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yea, The CT is pretty good in the snow. This is last year pictures, not as bad as the OP pictures

Looks like some pretty good snow there as well in that year. I tell you!!!
I had to make an emergency run to one of my buildings during the snow. Took out the CT, and as I went to the building and turned back to look at my CT, it was so gorgeous in the white snow..the car was very luxury looking, made for snow, but did not look like a big out of shape SUV. And the drive was excellent. I don't care what people say...I think the Honda CT drivers made a statement here in the North West and you will be seeing more.:mad: Folks were looking as "what a nice car, handling the snow.:) Honda knew what they were doing:D

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hey CrosstourJed,

The snow this week was my first time with my CT in the snow also. I agree 100% the CT handled amazingly well. Drove all the way from Seattle to Bremerton (65+ miles) every day and besides slowing down appropriately in some icy spots and when others were driving a little crazy the drive each day was a piece of cake and no problems whatsoever. The CT handled better than the CR-Vs I have had.

On Thursday when the ice was much worse down Federal Way/Tacoma way felt the CT compensating a little bit to keep everything solid and pointed in the right direction, slowed down and on we went. Never got stuck and never sun the wheels even in a good 3-4 inches of snow. Honda did very well in designing the handling on the CT.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hey CrosstourJed,

The snow this week was my first time with my CT in the snow also. I agree 100% the CT handled amazingly well. Drove all the way from Seattle to Bremerton (65+ miles) every day and besides slowing down appropriately in some icy spots and when others were driving a little crazy the drive each day was a piece of cake and no problems whatsoever. The CT handled better than the CR-Vs I have had.

On Thursday when the ice was much worse down Federal Way/Tacoma way felt the CT compensating a little bit to keep everything solid and pointed in the right direction, slowed down and on we went. Never got stuck and never sun the wheels even in a good 3-4 inches of snow. Honda did very well in designing the handling on the CT.
I'm glad the snow is over though. Hopefully someday I'll run into you, with those nice rims.:)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts