Honda Crosstour Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
It's been a while since I last posted here... matter of fact, I forgot about this forum since it was so dead when I first joined and decided to get back to driveaccord but after I also took purchase of a 2010 FIT, it's at fitfreak.net is where I'm most active.

Anyway here goes, I could repost here but it'll be easier if I'd just give you the link and take it from there...

MY CROSSTOUR DIED WHILE I WAS DRIVING!!!
http://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-generation-ge-08-present/62850-honda-announces-recall-20.html#post966904

just follow the link and read through it... I also added the link on crosstour facebook.

thanks!

·
Registered
111 Posts
Interesting read. Thanks for sharing. Please post the outcome.

·
Registered
622 Posts
Yes, thanks for the post. Please follow up to this forum. And good luck.

·
Registered
237 Posts
That definately sounds like a serious issue, please keep us informed as to the results of your situation! I have over 15k miles on mine, and am wondering if in the next 5k miles or so, I'll be d.o.t.r.

·
Registered
668 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
In his link you have to go down to his post which is almost halfway down that shows another post to his thread about his CT dying on local streets.

Sorry to hear about that buddy. Let us know what the outcome is as we are all curious.

·
Registered
668 Posts
I found the other link, I am also a member of the fit freak forum. I had an 08 but traded it in for the CT.
Since the tech said it was in the bottom of the engine then would that not be the crank? Not sure about Honda Engines, I can only speak about chevy. I hope it is something minor.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
I will definitely post updates when I get to see the work order and the fix. Let's remember (granting that the issues is LMS) regardless of the the difference in spring size... spring materials used and process would be the same as these may be of the same manufacturing plant defect. But like I said... the symptoms that Honda addressed on the FIT recall is exactly the same as what I experience when the CT suddenly just died.

as for the multiple link, I purposely did it so as to let you guys know and see the broader picture of this Lost Motion Spring recall which for now is targeted to 09-10 Fits... My Fit's VIN# did dodge the bullet but as much as I really LOVE my CT... it has to go and to be traded-in immediately. That's how scary and traumatic the sudden death of my CT was :(

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
also... engine internal that locked up is a scary proposition. Even if let's say they fixed what made it lock... I still would not trust an engine which went into an open heart surgery. I'd rather have my "safe of mind" than drive something that I have reservations of.

Like I said... don't get me wrong... I LOVE MY CT and it just saddened me that it has to go :( even if they'll replace it with a brand new CT, it still has to go.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Yes, we all want to know the outcome. Thanks for thinking of the rest of us CT owners and sharing. This thread will be watched closely by all of us, I'm sure.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I had a brand new 2004 Pacifica that if you would take a slight right turn and stop after driving only 5 minutes the engine would shut off. It was a pain in the butt because the car was so quiet you couldn't hear it run. So I would sit a the stop light and try to drive but would go no where. Would have to put the car in park restart and all would be fine until the next morning. If I had to stop at that light it all would happen again. Had to be the perfect storm for it to happen (cold engine, 5 min, slight right turn and a stop) and after complaining about the car, the Chrysler dealer found the software upgrade that fixed the problem. Drove it for 4 years until the resale value started dropping, never happened again. Finally got smart and moved to the Ridgeline and have now added a CT. Hopefully yours will be something simple that the haven't found yet or a vary rare problem that may never occur again, so don't give up yet. My wife's '99 CR-V 155000 no problems, '08 Ridgeline 30000 no problems, '10 CT driven to work 2 days no problems ;). Good Luck and let us know the outcome.

Gary

·
Registered
668 Posts
I had a brand new 2004 Pacifica that if you would take a slight right turn and stop after driving only 5 minutes the engine would shut off. It was a pain in the butt because the car was so quiet you couldn't hear it run. So I would sit a the stop light and try to drive but would go no where. Would have to put the car in park restart and all would be fine until the next morning. If I had to stop at that light it all would happen again. Had to be the perfect storm for it to happen (cold engine, 5 min, slight right turn and a stop) and after complaining about the car, the Chrysler dealer found the software upgrade that fixed the problem. Drove it for 4 years until the resale value started dropping, never happened again. Finally got smart and moved to the Ridgeline and have now added a CT. Hopefully yours will be something simple that the haven't found yet or a vary rare problem that may never occur again, so don't give up yet. My wife's '99 CR-V 155000 no problems, '08 Ridgeline 30000 no problems, '10 CT driven to work 2 days no problems ;). Good Luck and let us know the outcome.

Gary
I agree, to me it seems like it's more with the ECM computer. We had one go out on my Wife's Stealth and was sure the engine done blown up (That's NASCAR Talk). Honda's V6 is pretty bullet proof and is the backbone of their engines. Let just hope it something minor.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The needed parts would have arrive yesterday, as what the dealer have said and I'm still waiting for their call. It really saddens me as I took purchase of the CT just right after I saw it at last years Auto Show.

My love for Honda is still well represented and would gladly own a crosstour again in a few years down the road.

And with that note... I would love for you to vote for my HONDA FIT as it was invited to the show... it would be a long shot and hard enough to buy the parts directly from Japan but your VOTE would much be appreciated!!!

Please take time to vote...
http://tunergalleria.com/view-competitor-car/81/E-G M/car/55/2010-honda-ge8/photos/tpi4.jpg#p

Thank you very much!!!

Event Link: http://tunergalleria.com/schedule/
:)

·
Registered
31 Posts
The needed parts would have arrive yesterday, as what the dealer have said and I'm still waiting for their call. It really saddens me as I took purchase of the CT just right after I saw it at last years Auto Show.

My love for Honda is still well represented and would gladly own a crosstour again in a few years down the road.

And with that note... I would love for you to vote for my HONDA FIT as it was invited to the show... it would be a long shot and hard enough to buy the parts directly from Japan but your VOTE would much be appreciated!!!

Please take time to vote...
http://tunergalleria.com/view-competitor-car/81/E-G M/car/55/2010-honda-ge8/photos/tpi4.jpg#p

Thank you very much!!!

Event Link: http://tunergalleria.com/schedule/
:)

What part are you waiting for exactly?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Just got a call from service... CT is done and ready for pickup. Here's what happened, they said one of the valves broke. They replaced valves, the shortblock... basically the bottom port of the engine and. I will get more detailed report when I pick it up.

Oh well... if it breaks... it breaks and this car isn't even driven hard. Only alot of short distance drives as it is used for home health care this winter. Which of course do alot of stress on the engine... but nothing like this had happened on my 99 accord, 08 crv and the FIT.

·
Registered
534 Posts
I'm wondering how they didn;t replace a head if the valve broke. Having blown valves in race cars, the 3 things that get beat to hell are the head, block, and piston. Ask them what the deal was with the cylinder head.

·
Registered
668 Posts
Just got a call from service... CT is done and ready for pickup. Here's what happened, they said one of the valves broke. They replaced valves, the shortblock... basically the bottom port of the engine and. I will get more detailed report when I pick it up.

Oh well... if it breaks... it breaks and this car isn't even driven hard. Only alot of short distance drives as it is used for home health care this winter. Which of course do alot of stress on the engine... but nothing like this had happened on my 99 accord, 08 crv and the FIT.
Holy Valve Covers Batman!! Engines fail that a fact. I know a guy who got his new Vette and about 3000 miles later it went out and he was only going 75 mph. Chevy replaced it and gave him a 100,000 mile warranty. No problems since then. Chevy could not give him a reason why the crank gave way.

I hope Honda does you right if they don't I would raise a little hell. Keep us posted if Honda give you a reason why.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Holy Valve Covers Batman!! Engines fail that a fact. I know a guy who got his new Vette and about 3000 miles later it went out and he was only going 75 mph. Chevy replaced it and gave him a 100,000 mile warranty. No problems since then. Chevy could not give him a reason why the crank gave way.

I hope Honda does you right if they don't I would raise a little hell. Keep us posted if Honda give you a reason why.
as I have feared... after just a few miles of driving it, it went back to the dealer. Pulsating/grinding noise and vibrations you can feel on the pedals. This is confirmed with a passenger. This vibration happens across the RPM range and most noticeable during gear changes and low rpms. As quiet as the CT is supposed to be... now it's not, it doesn't drive as smooth and as quiet as it used to be.

I trust the replacement parts... just not the work done and the fact that they handed the car back to me with this obvious vibration/grinding problem just is BS... if they can't fix it right.... drop in a full new engine, their replacing almost half of the engine anyways :mad:

·
Registered
668 Posts
Time for a new engine, I would call Honda Corp and start the process of filing a formal complaint. Get the Area Manager involved they seem to have a pretty good amount of pull.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts