Honda Crosstour Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really feel Honda should come out with a diesel for their Crosstour, Subaru has diesels for Europe but not here, the only one going diesel affordably is VW and their new passat will be one we will be looking at. This is not to replace the crosstour but a Ford, but I really would like a Diesel AWD Crosstour that would probably get us around 40mpg. Really enjoy the CT just would like more fuel efficiency with fuel forcasted to increase.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I agree, Honda needs to look at some alternatives. The V-6 is a great engine, but I think they are are getting the most MPG out of it they can. Honda will get passed by other manufacturers

·
Registered
43 Posts
I would love to see more diesel fueled cars, as long as they don't rape the food supply forcing food prices into an unaffordable range for some.

Is there any such vehicle as a diesel-hybrid? Wouldn't that be awesome?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Honda originally planned to release diesels in the US a couple of years ago but gas went back down and the US regs were tightened so they called the whole deal off. Back in 06 and 07 there were many stories in the auto mags about their intentions.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Honda has the 2.2 Diesel in in use around the world. The Honda UK site lists the Accord getting a combined 50 mph with a manual transmission.
As other Manufacturers bring in diesals, so will Honda. Volvo is bringing theirs back in the spring/summer.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have read that Honda has diesels in Europe where Environmental restrictions are pretty stringent. we drove a Passat Wagon diesel in Germany a few years back and had plenty of power with 4 beer drinking adults. Cannot remember total miles driven but we drove around for 10 days and averaged 39 mpg. I do believe affordable diesels in this country would do quite well.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Dazed, you are absolutely correct. I had forgotten that the TSX was slated to be the first Honda/Acura with a diesel motor. Thank you for the clarification.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I think we will eventually "soon I hope" diesels will be coming, especially with fuel prices, the new VW Amarok looks like the Honda Ridgeline to me will be interesting if it should arrive, especially if they decide to make it at the Chattanooga facility.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts