Honda Crosstour Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I was making a custom icon of my Crosstour for my TomTom and figured while I was at it, I'd do all the colors. (At least I think I got them all. :D )

Each TomTom is a little different, but if yours came with a mini USB cable, it can likely use the custom icons I've made. Once I figure out how, they will be uploaded to TomTom Home, and you can search for them there, or, if you prefer not to wait, you can download them from here, they are attached individually for your use, and are formatted per TomTom's guidelines.

The customization from TomTom can be fun. They have all sorts of images and sounds. When we went to Disney, we even had Tinkerbell leading the way to and from the parks.

Enjoy.

Attachments

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That's so cool! I'm thinking of upgrading my OLD garmin...maybe I'll check out the TomTom!
I've been a TomTom user for 4 yrs and I just got a second one so we had one for each car. This is the one I got, which I purchased for $99.95 from them the week after Christmas:
www.amazon.com/TomTom-Navigator-Lifetime-Roadside-Assistance/dp/B007M4Z7GO
It has spoken street/city names, lifetime map updates (they update every 3 months), and a traffic receiver (integrated into the lighter cord) included. You'll have to check if they broadcast traffic in your area or not. Amazon's pricing fluctuates wildly, so the price may come back down.

Surprisingly, updating my software on the old one (an XL340s) and plugging in with the new 'traffic' cord got me the same live traffic updates. :D

That and you can buy Darth Vader's voice. :cool:

·
Registered
30 Posts
How do you install the icon?

What's involved in switching to your icon? And does the color frame around the crosstour remain or only the back of the car itself?

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What's involved in switching to your icon? And does the color frame around the crosstour remain or only the back of the car itself?
Their software uses the red as a mask to silhouette the car, you won't see that on your NAV screen. I selected a photo of the CT that was at about the perfect angle for their '3D' view. When you connect your TomTom to your computer (they give you the USB cable), you load it through the TomTom home software. Once it's on the device, you change your view preferences on the device.

Their instructions are here:
http://create.tomtom.com/manuals/create-your-own-content/index.html?car_symbols.htm

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Here it is on screen, street names blurred. ;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts