Honda Crosstour Forums banner

7TH Sign's Progress Thread

46K views 95 replies 19 participants last post by  raldylb 
#1 ·
Well its about time i posted a few pics of my CT ive had her for a month on the 28th of july thats tomorrow lol :) im loving every second of having it.

This is the first picture i took at the dealer

Took her home and debadged her the back end always looked cluttered to me with all the badges (accord crosstour the H V6 Awd and a dealer sticker) it drove me nuts lol

Picked up a set of Weather Tech side visors, i highly recommend them and love how sleek they look and that they dont cover the chrome trim around the window and added fresh tint all around

Freshly tinted

Added 6000k hids and yellow tint on the fogs

and the last major upgrade for now,im waiting to have some free time to throw these bad boys on.

See less See more
#3 ·
and the last major upgrade for now,im waiting to have some free time to throw these bad boys on.
Very nice look, Mods for the 2010-2012 model looks better than the 2013-2014 for style...

Definitely post up how that suspension project goes... and how it rides after.

Also I highly recommend the Acura TL Rear Swaybar upgrade as per other threads in the forum.

I just did that upgrade and I'm loving it! (No drilling required).

#4 ·
Thank You misterinterllectual yours looks good also all murdered out nice touch

GL84 i am definitely doing that mod since its one of the cheaper ones glad to hear your loving it.

#6 ·
Here's an update guys installed the Ksport coilovers 3 days ago. Ive got the height around were i like it now im just playing with the damping trying to get dialed in just right. im waiting on the 3pc camber kit for the rear and then its going on the allignment rack.

Now on to the pics.

#12 ·
Hey 7thsign,

Really like the look, a little lower than what I'm probably going for, but I definitely want to get a similar setup.

As I said in the other post, I'm probably going to go 245/45R20s and lowering it for the summer and raising it a bit for the winter.

Few questions though, what size wheels / tires are you running in those pictures?

I can easily find the KSport Kontrol Pro on CarID, but can you give me the part name or number for the rear camber kit you ended up using?

Thanks.

#9 ·
picking up my mud guards decided to take a quick shot.

Stopped and took some snaps with my boy who just got this rare gem 2008 Tsx with navi black on black leather 6 spd manual.

#11 ·
Thank You misterintelectual i agree i really like the look the mud guards add and its such a cheap mod at 60 from my boy at the dealer

#14 ·
Almost perfect she needs a fender roll in the back to Able to come down to the height I was at but I'm loving how the wheels look and completely changed the look of the car I'm in love all over again

#15 ·
1) Update Your Siggy.
2) What Wheel?
3) What Tire Spec?

And OMG that's so cool :eek::cool::D

PS: I want a side shot too, lol... your wheels are so see through.

#16 ·
Thanks GL

I went with 20x10.5 all around with a +35 offset wrapped in 245-45-20 falken azenis tire. I love how it feels now it's quiet and the ride is very comfortable not as rough as before. Here's some quick shots ill take better ones once its washed, fenders are rolled and height adjusted.

#19 ·
update

new addition added Oem door sills

and some new pictures

at the Florida accord meet last sunday

#20 ·
Very clean CT! Now you got me thinking 20". I was originally going to go with 22"s. Did you have someone do the Fender Roll? I'd also like to know the part number for the Camber kit too! I'll be doing this in the near future along with the 5% tint! How's the HIDs with the Halogen Projectors? Sorry if I'm beating a dead horse here!

#22 ·
1.I think 20's is perfect for the CT and the cost of tires for 22's was ridiculous when compared to 20's and i dont think i could be that low staic on 22's maybe with bags.

2. the guy who does my alignment and put on my camber kit also rolled my fenders (see the link GL posted)

3. 5% tint is what i have also and love it, i also did the whole windshield in 35% if you look at some of the pics i posted it, looks great

4. Hids in the stock projector are surprisingly really good no hot spots and a nice cutoff. My original plan was to do retrofit as my previous car had Tsx retro's but when i put the hids on i was pleasntly surprised. i may still do a retrofit for my fogs tho.

#21 ·
I'm very happy I just went 20's (partly cause of 7thsign hehe), but I don't think 22's is good for the CT if you plant to use it as a daily driver anyway...

1) Roads where you live have to be really good.
2) You'd probably have to slam it like 7th to make it look good.
3) We're both riding on 245/45R20s and if you go wide like us AND go heavier, your acceleration is gonna really blow (I went with light weight rims, and I still feel a drop in acceleration).

I just rode on the passenger side today with my new setup, and it is definitely rougher, but I think 20s are acceptable in NYC... but right now the roads have been fixed a few months ago so it's not THAT bad.

The link below is the Rear Camber Kit that 7th linked to me, I'm installing that along with the KPros this weekend.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/181465852204?item=181465852204&viewitem=&sspagename=ADME:L:OU:US:1120&vxp=mtr

#25 ·
So 7th, I got the KSports in today, lowered it 1.5 inches (will probably raise it by 1/4 inch so the gap is the same all around)...

I had it aligned, and I went for a drive with the Damper setting in the middle on the highway, local, and around the park...

So far I'm a little disappointed with the feel of the car. I was surprised that I was bouncing around like a toy car, even on the highway... any imperfections I hit on the highway makes me bounce back and forth (from front to back), it doesn't feel like I'm sticking to the road, rather just bouncing around.

I've since put it to the the softest setting, and it feels a bit better during the ride, but still kicks up your gut going over speed bumps at anything over 3 mph...

I didn't touch the top adjustable part (where the spring touches the middle plate)... should I have loosened the spring tension before the install to give it max travel distance? I've heard about some people pre-loading their springs on their coilovers, which I didn't try to do, but I wonder if unloading it abit will help?

As for the looks, I definitely like the more even wheel gap, but if I don't soften the ride, or get used to it driving in NYC especially with my mom in the car, I'm probably going to switch back to stocks at some point :(

Having stiffer suspension makes cornering a little better, but if it bounces around going on a straight (which is 90% of the time), then it's not really worth it to me.

Any tips?

PS: Yes, that was my friend trying to align the wheel with his Samsung GS5 :)

Attachments

#26 ·
hey GL

yea i had the same thing happen to me but i did not mess with the pre load as i don't know too much about that i was able to make it more to my liking by putting the dampening to the stiffest setting and working my way 7 clicks back i found that this is my sweet spot. i love how it handles now and i don't feel like im riding a horse. im going to message you my number

#29 ·
Was this seven clicks back on the fronts and the rears?

#27 ·
Just an FYI for anyone else reading...

From my research and some testing, it was "Bouncy" (rocking front to back multiple times after each bump in the road), because the dampening is set too soft to match the high spring rate of the springs that come with the KSports.

After hardening the dampening setting, I don't get the "Bouncy" feeling anymore, but it is also a harsher hit when I do hit the bumps in the road.

On a more technical note:

KSports Kontrol Pro for the CT come with 18kg/mm spring rate in the front and 6.7kg/mm spring rate in the rear.

This (according to their website) is rated for racing, with 10kg/mm rated for "street", and <10kg/mm rated for "common".

With such high spring rate, and a soft dampening setting, there's nothing stopping the spring from rebounding multiple times (thus the original "Bounce" I experienced).

Therefore, it seems the only "FIX" for me is to get softer springs and match it with a softer dampening setting.

I'm not sure what Stock Spring rate is but I'm thinking of something like 10-12kg/mm front and 3-4kg/mm rear. (Again, my entire philosophy behind my build is to build a "Sporty" Family Car, not a "Family Sports Car)

I know some of our forum regulars have race experience, perhaps you guys can throw in your two cents?

I'm contacting KSports right now regarding these softer springs, but I'm wondering if the reduced spring rate (which in theory should give a softer ride) will change suspension travel / and can carry the same load?

Thanks.

#28 ·
Scratch what I said, while I'm sure there is some validity to the stuff I've read on Spring Rate to Dampening matching...

The bouncing problem was caused by the fact that the front and rear dampening where set to the same setting, even though the springs (and what they carry) are not at all the same.

As noted in my original quote, the front is 18kg/mm and the rear is 6.7kg/mm spring rate (obviously different), even when taking into account that 60% of the weight is in the front, that still leaves a wide margin between the two.

Thus when I set both front and rear to the same dampening setting, that inherent difference makes one stiffer than the other.

Therefore, when the front wheel hits a bump, and then the rear wheel pass over the same bump, a sea saw effect will occur because the rear is either much stiffer (raising the rear up into the air) or much too soft (lowering the rear closer to the ground)... in either case, the car does not travel forward smoothly.

#30 ·
Yea it was 7 clicks back on both but since then I've kept the back at 7 clicks back from full stiff and the front 15 clicks back from full stiff it's not as harsh but still feels great in a corner

#33 ·
New pics

took some new pics with a buddy whos a amatuer photographer hope you guys like them im in love with them to be honest lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.