Honda Crosstour Forums banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have a four cylinder Crosstour and find it adequate. It will cruise without effort and will hit 100mph without protest. Do not know 0 to 60 times but it feels okay and that is what counts. Does downshift quite a bit on hills but the act is smooth. I like it fine, get 30 on the highway at 75 and 80.

·
Premium Member
416 Posts
I have a 400 whp supercharged Honda S2000 as my second car and find the 4 cyl 2.4 liter motor in the Crosstour to be totally adequate.

·
Registered
16 Posts
So yes this is 5 years later but actually thats a perfect lead in for my question... So how has the 3.5L V6 EarthDreams been insofar as durability and longevity as well as reliability?

How about fuel dilution? Any issues with this motor in the CT?

Would REALLY appreciate any detailed information you can give me. Thanks!!

Peter

·
Registered
11 Posts
So yes this is 5 years later but actually thats a perfect lead in for my question... So how has the 3.5L V6 EarthDreams been insofar as durability and longevity as well as reliability?

How about fuel dilution? Any issues with this motor in the CT?

Would REALLY appreciate any detailed information you can give me. Thanks!!

Peter
I’ve had my 13 EXL V6 4WD for a year and a half now and the earth dreams engine is absolutely fantastic. 108,000 miles and counting and is quite, smooth and no issues. My only gripe with this car is the 6 speed auto. Not the biggest fan of the 6 speed. Don’t get me wrong it does it’s job but you really need to push it to get it to get power. Once your over 4K rpms you really feel the power. But like I said, you really need to sink your foot into it to get it to that point. I even have Vcm turned off and it still seems off to me. It shifts out of first so fast you don’t really get any power out of it which makes it feel even slower to me. I love all the tech of the 13+ crosstours but I wish I would’ve went with the 2012 to get the 5 speed Auto and the 6 cylinder.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I’ve had my 13 EXL V6 4WD for a year and a half now and the earth dreams engine is absolutely fantastic. 108,000 miles and counting and is quite, smooth and no issues. My only gripe with this car is the 6 speed auto. Not the biggest fan of the 6 speed. Don’t get me wrong it does it’s job but you really need to push it to get it to get power. Once your over 4K rpms you really feel the power. But like I said, you really need to sink your foot into it to get it to that point. I even have Vcm turned off and it still seems off to me. It shifts out of first so fast you don’t really get any power out of it which makes it feel even slower to me. I love all the tech of the 13+ crosstours but I wish I would’ve went with the 2012 to get the 5 speed Auto and the 6 cylinder.
Thanks for the speedy response. I am leaning towards the 4 cyl. It just seems like an overall well sorted out combination of the transmission and 2.4L. what do you know about that combination?

It seems better for the long haul.. lighter and more fuel-efficient which I really like. No timing belt to worry about either.. Just want to make sure it's not dying to get up hills.. I don't mind making the engine rev and with its 7200 rpm redline, it seems like the 2.4 likes to sing.. Any word on its durability? Thanks again!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Thanks for the speedy response. I am leaning towards the 4 cyl. It just seems like an overall well sorted out combination of the transmission and 2.4L. what do you know about that combination?

It seems better for the long haul.. lighter and more fuel-efficient which I really like. No timing belt to worry about either.. Just want to make sure it's not dying to get up hills.. I don't mind making the engine rev and with its 7200 rpm redline, it seems like the 2.4 likes to sing.. Any word on its durability? Thanks again!
I would say it depends on where you are at in the country, where I am it snows quite a bit so 4WD was a must for me. With that being said, you can only get 4WD with the V6. However if I were elsewhere I may have went with the 4 cylinder as it’s definitely Cheaper to maintain. I would also argue that the 4 cylinder is more reliable than the 6. But for a V6 it’s surprisingly very efficient. Both engines are Pretty good so it justdepends what exactly your looking for.

·
Premium Member
416 Posts

The K series motor (K20 2.0 L or K24 2.4 L) is the best damn 4-cylinder motor ever built. Until January 11, I drove and modified the S2000 convertible. I've owned and modified them for 20 years. My last one made 475 hp at the crank. If you look at the most popular engine swap for the S2000 it's not the LS Vette motor, not the J series V6, it's the K24 with a turbo. On stock internals with forced induction you can get 5-600 horses out of the K20 and still use it as a daily driver. The motor is an unbelievable animal.

It does not have a belt. It does not have economy idle issues. It does not have piston ring issues. But, it has 25% less power than the V6 but without issues.

I'm driving my second K24 Crosstour (2012/2015). I had plenty of V6 available when I got my 2015 late in the year but had to drive to a dealer 300 miles away to get my I4. I drive my CT from Chicago to Boston each spring and each fall to look after my 100+ year old mother. The K24 is a pure joy.

My son is on his third K24 in his 2018 CRV. By only changing the oil and other fluids, he got 278,000 out of the first one and 311,000 out of the second one. Can you find a better recommendation?

·
Registered
16 Posts
well, i stumbled across a 2013 4WD V6 White with EX-L with black leather and it has 26K miles.. way too nice to pass up and it was nicely priced. I drove the 4 cyl and the 6 cyl back to back and honestly? The 4 was slow, did not sound as nice and I like the AWD. Besides for some stupid reason I could never find a 4cyl with black interior, always that icky tan interior! Yuck.. Only thing it doesnt have is Navigation and Im thinking I can take an entire unit out of another car and replace the lower portion.. It seems plug and play but i dunno.. any ideas?

21 - 28 of 28 Posts