Honda Crosstour Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got back this week on a 3000 mile Atlanta - R.I. road trip with the CT. In a nutshell , everything was great. No vibration, good mileage, 28.1 mpg average (by computer)for the entire trip. (This with three of us in the car and the girls' luggage that would rival Jennifer Lopez and her entourage while on tour) Mileage by hand calculation was no lower than .5 mpg of the trip computer calc. About 1000 of the 3000 miles was heavy suburban driving.

Vehicle just turned 15k, engine is nice and loose now, seems that the 'ground force balancing' solved the persistant vibration I experienced before.

·
Super Moderator
363 Posts
Terrific ... mine just turned 10k at the beach. Gas mileage is ~4 MPG lower with bikes on the hitch rack but I am still quite happy with the overall mileage on the 4WD CT (and no complaints otherwise!).

I'm driving from MD to Ontario next month which will be my longest trip to date.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Thats great mileage your getting ! the best iv ever gotten on a road trip is 24mpg.. I've done a couple of 1500 mile road trips.. at 75+mph.. and that's the best iv got.

Glad you had a safe trip and a great time with the family..!

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thats great mileage your getting ! the best iv ever gotten on a road trip is 24mpg.. I've done a couple of 1500 mile road trips.. at 75+mph.. and that's the best iv got.

Glad you had a safe trip and a great time with the family..!

Probably the gas was so good doing only 65-70 on most Interstates. The last 100 miles or so coming home I put the heat to it and drove 75+, mileage did suffer once I went over 70.

But very pleased with 3 people and a ton of luggage.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Our cross tour is at the 9000 mile mark. Before the first oil change, it guzzled oil like a tank. Ater 2 trips to Toronto, 2 to Columbus OH., 3 to Washington DC, and 1 oil change, it has not burned a sip of oil yet! It is still rattle free(never had this on any car!), and I believe the suspension is finally "worn in" to the car. The ride is very comfortable...to the point that I could care less if smoothness could be improved with another car. It's a great car! If you ease the throttle while going on trips, it's very easy to get almost 30mpg's. The last time we drove to Toronto(driving from Cleveland, Oh., to Toronto, Canada, we averaged ~29.1mpg's according to my calculations(no nav) for the whole round trip. That's not bad at all considering there were 4 people in the car, and stuff for the trip. Can't complain about anything except for this tire vibration that is starting in the back.

·
Registered
761 Posts
Just got back this week on a 3000 mile Atlanta - R.I. road trip with the CT. In a nutshell , everything was great. No vibration, good mileage, 28.1 mpg average (by computer)for the entire trip. (This with three of us in the car and the girls' luggage that would rival Jennifer Lopez and her entourage while on tour) Mileage by hand calculation was no lower than .5 mpg of the trip computer calc. About 1000 of the 3000 miles was heavy suburban driving.

Vehicle just turned 15k, engine is nice and loose now, seems that the 'ground force balancing' solved the persistant vibration I experienced before.
Wow, AD , sounds like you had a great trip and the CT performed flawlessly. Kudos to Honda.

........and outnumbered by females on a long trip -- Kudos for you patience too.:)

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wow, AD , sounds like you had a great trip and the CT performed flawlessly. Kudos to Honda.

........and outnumbered by females on a long trip -- Kudos for you patience too.:)
\
Thanks Colin, my place in family history is secure, chauffeur and baggage handler.

·
Registered
184 Posts

That's great news... my car has 13k right now, and I'm planing on driving from Houston, to El Paso (755mi. ea. way) to visit the folks for Thanksgiving. I am hoping that my milage turns out just as good as yours.

·
Registered
237 Posts
If you ease the throttle while going on trips, it's very easy to get almost 30mpg's.
Ahhh.. the Key Quote... If you ease off the throttle... :rolleyes:

Hmm.. no wonder with my lead foot.. that I get such horrid mpg! :cool:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts