Honda Crosstour Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok 30k miles on the michelins and they are worthless. Noise, incredible, the tractor running down the road was quieter. Just put Cooper tires on, CS4 touring, what a difference, now for the interesting part, the camber on the car is out and they could not adjust this. they could adjust the toe in but not the camber, said it probably happened when they shipped the car and when they tied it down so tight then suddenly release all the tension it will spring the car.. what do you think? Either way taking it back to the dealer for a look. But this is my third set of Cooper tires and really like the them, they are quiet on the Ford 500 that I drive to work, got 70k on the first set.

·
Registered
622 Posts
I'm around 24k, tires still look decent, still quiet and smooth. And I realize that they get noisy and out of round quickly too.

Let us know how you end up with the alignment issue.

I may take a look at the Coopers too.

·
Registered
668 Posts
I have 40 k on my tires and they look pretty good. I get them rotated every time Iget and oil change. I do agree they are noisey and seem to flat spot but they are a very hard compound for better milage and ware. When the time comes I will look at somrthing else but not sure what that is right now.

·
Super Moderator
373 Posts
I'm not a huge fan myself after 4 negative experiences years ago with different sets of Michelin's that my Chevy Corvair's had on them...

I'm at ~22k miles on my 2010 CT and the tires appear to be wearing evenly though getting a bit noisier. A friend of mine just did massive tire research for replacing the stock tires @ 55k miles on his VW CC w/low profile rims (one thing I will NEVER own, along with a boat or a pool!). He came up with Michelin as the top rated brand so... THE SURVEY SAYS: Michelin... (RIP Richard Dawson)

·
Registered
32 Posts
No problems with my Michelin's

I replaced my Michelin's at 80K and still had 3/32 of tread left. No problems with mine. Out here in the South-West I run a lot of highway and gravel roads with the average temperature in the high 90s.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Honda replaced my Lattitudes at 17k

Honda replaced my Lattitudes at 17k - determined the car to be out of alignment and that ruined the tires. I had been asking about road noise since about 8k miles.

Now I've got 23k on the replacement set - not nearly as noisy as when the car was out of alignment and wearing normally - although faster than I would expect.

When I replace these (probably this fall), I will put Michelin Primacy's on - I had a set of those on my Accord Hybrid and they worked very well for me. They are also less expensive and higher rated on TireRack.com.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok, been on a trip with the new Coopers, tires are fine, knew they would be, however around 70-75mph I did feel a vibration in the steering. The place I got the tires from "Jst Tyres" I think you know the name, did a alignment on the car before I left on vacation, told me that the camber was out on the vehicle and that they could not adjust, would have to go to the dealer. So I havd made the appt. for when I got back and told the dealer what the alignment was on the car and gave them a copy of the alignment, left the car with them. Ok got a call from them and told me they can get the camber in alignment by adjusting the engine support, told them to do what they needed. When I got to the honda delaer to pick the car up they told me that the alignment was wrong, they told me that the alignment that was performed by Jst Tyres was for a 2008-2010 Honda Accord, they said the setup is different for a Crosstour.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Yes I have almost have 30K and my tires are crap, screech every sharp turn I make at low speed.

There garbage, after this winter season , I'm going to get a nice set of winter tires from costco or tirerack.

Let me know if you guys have really good experience with ANY different TIRE.

Thanks,
Steve

·
Registered
31 Posts
Honda replaced my Lattitudes at 17k - determined the car to be out of alignment and that ruined the tires. I had been asking about road noise since about 8k miles.

Now I've got 23k on the replacement set - not nearly as noisy as when the car was out of alignment and wearing normally - although faster than I would expect.

When I replace these (probably this fall), I will put Michelin Primacy's on - I had a set of those on my Accord Hybrid and they worked very well for me. They are also less expensive and higher rated on TireRack.com.
An update - I ended up trading the '10 Accord Crosstour with 63k miles (46k on the replaced tires) for a '13 Crosstour. The tires were shot - I suspect continuing problems with alignment.

My '13 just went in for the first oil change and rotation - Honda reported normal tire wear - and I'm not hearing any extra noises. But I'm not a fan of the Latitude tires. When these wear out, they'll be replaced with Primacy tires (probably).

·
Registered
123 Posts

·
Registered
668 Posts
I now have 60,000 on my Michelins and will be changing before winter comes. Looking at the Continental PureContact as a replacement. I'll let you know after

·
Registered
205 Posts
Chef the original michelin lattitudes, from when you first got the car?

·
Registered
622 Posts
Almost 44k on the originals now. They are noisy but ride is ok .... pump a few extra pounds in them. Haven't rotated in 25k. Tread looks good for about another 15-20k. My Ridgeline is quieter, wife says the noise doesn't bother her, go figure.

·
Registered
4 Posts
My wife's 2010 CT has the original Michelin tires but I hate the noise they make and also the side walls have had small cracks all around and near the rims since they were 2 years old. Though they have wearing well and have plenty of thread left on them I'll be shopping for new ones soon. For now we just seem to use my new Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk all the time and I'm totally shocked on how much better and quieter my Jeep is.Who would have guessed that.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts