Honda Crosstour Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
BFGoodrich P245/55R18 Radial TA spec. $350.00 online, delivered, $100.00 installed and balanced at the local small tire place.

Fit great, ride great. A lttle wider from the back but same eight. Much less noise than the michelins.

Better than the $900.00 plus. I can use the extra $500.00 and pay for a rotation somewhere.

·
Registered
44 Posts
BFGoodrich P245/55R18 Radial TA spec. $350.00 online, delivered, $100.00 installed and balanced at the local small tire place.

Fit great, ride great. A lttle wider from the back but same eight. Much less noise than the michelins.

Better than the $900.00 plus. I can use the extra $500.00 and pay for a rotation somewhere.

Old post but this is the upgrade I would like to do.

Anyone have additional input regarding clearance issues and handeling ?

Thanks
Pete

·
Registered
123 Posts
Pete,
I don't have a lot of experience with wheels or tires, but I plan on upgrading my wheels when my stock tires wear thin. I would say to try to stick to tires with the same outside diameter as factory as this will not mess with clearance height issues or rotations per miles variance.

Everyone has differences in opinions. But it is your CT and you should get something that looks good to you on your CT. The width of the tire should try to reflect how aggressively you drive and much snow you get (if any) in your area and try to find a width that meets somewhere in the middle. Also note, there is a direct linear relationship between the width of your tires and the amount of road noise they will pick up. Well, to be fair.....there is also the same relationship with tire width and traction.:)
There is a good website to calculate tire size upgrade options here.
http://www.miata.net/garage/tirecalc.html

Also, remember to note the load index of the tires you buy. The CT is heavier than your average car, though lighter than many crossover vehicle on the market today, so the tires need to be able to carry the weight of the vehicle and its cargo. Selecting the width of tires is important in another aspect in that manufacturer sometimes limit tire selections based on the width alone. Ex: Lots of tire choices in the 245, but less in the 255 width. Good thing is a given set of wheels, will "allow" for varying widths of tires, only up to a certain point.

For me, I like the look of the HFP rims on my CT. Like the one below. Before purchasing any wheel, try to Photoshop the wheel into a side picture of your car and see how it looks i.e. "it's stance" Nice wheels can look terrible, if it doesn't fit the overall image of the car, in its class and direction. Wheels are the #1 thing, that states the attitude of your car. Next might be front grille.
Hope this helps.

·
Registered
57 Posts

Will this spec of tires absolutely fit the stock 18inch rims from Honda for the X-tour?

·
Registered
123 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
I read through several threads on here about tire options. I was thinking about the 245/55/18 mainly because it is wider than my stock 225/60/18 and it won't affect the speedometer. I was told, however, that anything above 235 will rub on my 2013 EX-L.

Any thoughts on this? I haven't heard anyone mention rubbing on this forum and some were running 255s.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts