Honda Crosstour Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a set of infinity fx45 wheels 20 inch. but im having a hard time picking tires sizes.

245 / 40 / 20 is my tire of choice as of now.
being that I plan on lowering my CT . i dont want to run into rubbing issues later on. anyone have a similar setup ? atleast running 20s? with pics ?

·
Premium Member
789 Posts
BLCKTOUR, I know your question has been answered multiple times by myself and others on this forum, so please take the time to poke around before complaining.

Read through my responses for this thread:

http://www.crosstourownersclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10466

I've done KSport Coilovers... So, if you lower your ride by no more than 1 - 1.5 inches you should have no rubbing issues with 245/45R20 (what I have) with 20" x 8.5" Rims, if you want 245/40R20 that's even better clearance... but not necessarily needed (again depending on how much you lower).

Obviously you can go lower and stiffer, but for me, the 20" Rims might be a problem if you get air ride, constantly adjust your ride height, and run wide rims +8" rims...

The rear shouldn't have much problem, but 8.5" Rims stick out the front by 1/4 inch or so... so if you lower it, align it, then try to slam it afterwards, you might run into clearance issues during the movement....

*Unless you constantly have Negative Camber to compensate...

I know 7thSign runs really wide rims like 10-11" rims with stretched tires on his show car... so check out his thread and see what he does (if that's what you're into), for practical utility, I wouldn't recommend lowering it more than 1.5 inches... in fact, the next time I try, I'll only lower 1 - 1.25 Inches max.

·
Registered
40 Posts
well gee thanks for the responses. I see the CT community isnt very active.
yea its tough in here some times.. not a big enough following i guess.. im in the same boat trying to pick out what TYPE of tire to go with if i go 20".. right now im leaning toward a grand touring tire but that might chage.. might even hold off till spring to get rims now since its a little late in the season..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts