Honda Crosstour Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone ever replaced the climate control light on the console of the 2014 Honda Crosstour? I have six bulbs that are out, based on the Honda dealership. i looked at a few videos on Youtube and tried to tackle the job myself...needless to say, i didn't know how to remove the little pocket above the cigarette lighter to go any further. The dealership is asking about $480 to do it, sheesh!

· Registered
10 EX-L 4WD (no nav) Alabaster Silver
55 Posts
Theres a video on installing an aftermarket radio screen in that area, It will help with getting to those bulbs.
I know the video is in a 10-12 crosstour but looking at pictures of the 13-15's interior it looks pretty similar in that area.

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Theres a video on installing an aftermarket radio screen in that area, It will help with getting to those bulbs.
I know the video is in a 10-12 crosstour but looking at pictures of the 13-15's interior it looks pretty similar in that area.
Packerman, Thanks and I did use this video as my inspiration to go through with doing it myself. There’s a few differences between 2012 and 2014 that is making it not possible to get it done

· Registered
55 Posts
Well without pictures of exactly what you have I can't really say whats wrong, the regular accords are vastly different from the crosstours which stayed basically the same through the facelift aside from the radio and steering wheel
Car Gear shift Speedometer Vehicle Motor vehicle
Vehicle Car Gear shift Speedometer Motor vehicle

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well without pictures of exactly what you have I can't really say whats wrong, the regular accords are vastly different from the crosstours which stayed basically the same through the facelift aside from the radio and steering wheel
View attachment 10134 View attachment 10135
It’s the pocket under the radio. I assume it would just pull out after removing the two screws and it’s not that case

Attachments

· Registered
55 Posts
It’s the pocket under the radio. I assume it would just pull out after removing the two screws and it’s not that case
watch the first 3 minutes of the video i sent, you have to take out the panel with the shifter, theres 4 screws, two up top, two below

1:20 - 2:50

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
watch the first 3 minutes of the video i sent, you have to take out the panel with the shifter, theres 4 screws, two up top, two below

1:20 - 2:50
My Crosstour doesn’t have that panel, it’s just an open area, no screw sections on the top.https://youtu.be/yGl1m8ujBYs
Look at time 1:58 of this video, that’s identical to my setup

· Registered
55 Posts
My Crosstour doesn’t have that panel, it’s just an open area, no screw sections on the top.https://youtu.be/yGl1m8ujBYs
Look at time 1:58 of this video, that’s identical to my setup
so you have navigation, since no one seems to have ever touched these cars and documented it, you're the first to explore new ground. Start tearing off panels, im sure something will reveal itself, keep the plastic breaking to a minimum.

· Registered
55 Posts
Lol, thanks Packerman, I appreciate all the assistance.
sorry i couldnt give a concrete answer to the nav part but information on these things is scattered few and far between, I know crutchfield has some good manuals but theyre like 5-10$ if you want to avoid headaches I'd say thats a good place to start

1 - 10 of 10 Posts