Honda Crosstour Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!
I'm new to this forum and hoping for a resolve to Sirius XM Radio problem.
Sirius xm has dissapeared from my main screen. When I scroll thru sources using "Source" on the steering wheel XM does not show up! When I use the lower screen xm is there and I am able to bring it up on the upper screen. However, it shows no channels and there is no sound or anything!
My XM account is in good standing and I tried to get the signal resent but it says to tune in to Channel 2. I have absolutely no channels displayed on my screen to tune to!
All connections were checked in rear hatch behind the panel. AM/FM radio works fine as well as the navigation.
Hoping someone can provide some insight.

Thank You!

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have a 2013 Crosstour and when my XM radio quit (everything else worked), it was due to rain water intrusion. You see, when you open your rear hatch, there is a rubber grommet around a wire on the top right side. If that rubber grommet isn’t sealed correctly, rain water or water when you wash your car, will pass thru the hole. Guess what…your XM receiver is in line of fire with the water coming in. I had to replace my XM receiver. Needless to say, I made sure the rubber grommet was secure, sealed it with sealant, and then put some weather stripping to help divert water away from that area. Hope this helps. Good luck.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have a 2013 Crosstour and when my XM radio quit (everything else worked), it was due to rain water intrusion. You see, when you open your rear hatch, there is a rubber grommet around a wire on the top right side. If that rubber grommet isn’t sealed correctly, rain water or water when you wash your car, will pass thru the hole. Guess what…your XM receiver is in line of fire with the water coming in. I had to replace my XM receiver. Needless to say, I made sure the rubber grommet was secure, sealed it with sealant, and then put some weather stripping to help divert water away from that area. Hope this helps. Good luck.
Hi Jetfedkid
Thank you for the info! I checked the rubber grommet and it all seemed secure and there were no signs of water intrusion or leakage when I removed the side panel in the rear hatch. If you dont mind me asking, how much did you pay for you XM Reciever? Did you buy it new or second hand?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Sir…I apologize for such a delayed response. Time got away from me. I had the dealership remove/reinstall a brand new updated XM receiver. I recall it costing around $500 for the whole job. I like using the dealer for my maintenance and up keep. Sure…I may pay a little more than others but I like this dealer I use.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts