Honda Crosstour Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey CT Forum....

1st time poster -- long-time lurker! :D

Done a good bit of internet searching, and true to form, Honda is pretty tight-lipped about any changes to the 2013 CT's.
Other than an I4 option for late 2012, does anybody have any inside info on the next iteration/evolution of the CT??

As info, I WORK for a Honda dealership, and it would seem that WE are the last to know anything about new models or details. :rolleyes:

I'm pretty hot to get a CT, but there are several things Honda needs to do to improve upon this car before I'll plunk-down $35+large.
Within reason- Here are the changes I'd like to see in the next model:
1. HID Lamps / Mirror Valence LED's
2. 6speed Tranny with Paddle Shift optional.
3. Better MPG's is a GIVEN (see 6spd trans, and don't give me this i4 stopgap!)
4. New Honda IMID 8" display in-dash with integrated BT and HDD Radio System EX/L+
5. More Comfortable front seats + Electric Seat Adj. (hello, CR-V!)
6. Standard Back-Up SENSORS. / Optional COllision Avoidance System (Odyssey Touring Elite)

I'll think of more....but that's what I NEED to see change to actually BUY this car, and what will make this car more appealing overall, I think. :p

Anybody have any info or thoughts on the next Revamp??

Oh - apologize if this is a "tired" topic. ;)

good to be here -- looking forward to buying a CT in the near future!

gr

·
Super Moderator
805 Posts
If you check under General Discussion and then look for the thread titled:

What’s Missing From My CT?

You will find input from various board members of things they wish their CT had. We are hoping that some Honda representative will read that section and add to the upcoming CT some of our wishes. Please feel free to add to that dicussion.

I noticed this was your first post - Welcome to the Honda CT forum. I also noticed you are from the Midwest. What part of the midwest? I’m also in the midwest being Overland Park, Kansas. Would you want to share what Honda dealership you work at and what you do there?

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
If you check under General Discussion and then look for the thread titled:

What’s Missing From My CT?

You will find input from various board members of things they wish their CT had. We are hoping that some Honda representative will read that section and add to the upcoming CT some of our wishes. Please feel free to add to that dicussion.

I noticed this was your first post - Welcome to the Honda CT forum. I also noticed you are from the Midwest. What part of the midwest? I’m also in the midwest being Overland Park, Kansas. Would you want to share what Honda dealership you work at and what you do there?
First off -- i realize I posted this in the wrong section, but didn't know how to change it....my bad. :eek:

Yeah - I read that thread, but found it unrealistic in terms of what will ACTUALLY be put in a newer CT. ;)
Need to keep it real in line with what Honda is putting in the newer vehicles, and within the "economy of scale" for manuf. purposes.
The 8" IMID in a Pilot/odyssey SHOULD fit very nicely on the NEW dash of a 2013 CT/ACCORD! And in REALITY, CT is a "flagship" model, and the pricepoint of that car dictates MORE technology and bells and whistles. IMHO.
Backup sensors are an OPTION, and with the GLARING blindspots this car has, simply adding a backup camera is not enuff. Sensors (imho) are FAR more valuable for this vehicle.

I'm looking more for "insider" info, heck --even RUMORS at this point.

We hear NOTHING at the dealership level...and honda likes it that way. They'd prefer we sell what's IN STOCK and on the way, rather than what's COMING on the roadmaps. :eek:

Uh - i'm Somewhere between CHicago and Omaha. How's that?
Which dealership seems unimportant for this forum. You REALLY wanna know...PM me, we'll take it offline. :D
Oh, and I'm in sales for a fairly large dealership.

The one thing i will say, is that everytime I put a new CT on the lot for sale -- i remove the rear headrests, and put them in the rear cargo compartment! Better outward vision for the driver, and helps reduce the poor outward view on test drives.

thanks for the welcome....glad to be here!

gr

·
Registered
180 Posts
Welcome Ghostrider - glad you are here.

The members of this forum are fantastic at checking out the latest rumors. Stay tuned, and you'll hear all kinds of stuff as the 2013's (and beyond) get a little closer.

Happy New Year!

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I gotta tell you guys....I cry a little every time we sell a crosstour! :(

--It's hard to be around these awesome cars, and not be able to buy one!-- :p

I make excuses to drive them whenever possible...and every time I get in one, I reaffirm my desire to OWN one!

I'm looking forward to hearing the rumors, hyperbole, and outright LIES! :D

gr

·
Registered
236 Posts
Hey CT Forum....

Done a good bit of internet searching, and true to form, Honda is pretty tight-lipped about any changes to the 2013 CT's.
Other than an I4 option for late 2012, does anybody have any inside info on the next iteration/evolution of the CT??

As info, I WORK for a Honda dealership, and it would seem that WE are the last to know anything about new models or details. :rolleyes:

I'm pretty hot to get a CT, but there are several things Honda needs to do to improve upon this car before I'll plunk-down $35+large.
4. New Honda IMID 8" display in-dash with integrated BT and HDD Radio System EX/L+
6. Standard Back-Up SENSORS. / Optional COllision Avoidance System (Odyssey Touring Elite)

I'll think of more....but that's what I NEED to see change to actually BUY this car, and what will make this car more appealing overall, I think. :p

gr
I would say, once a 2006 BMW 530i owner, all the items that you wish the CT would have is nothing but problems. Usually with all that electrical add on it becomes too much. And you'll be in the shop every six months with sensor problems, and electrical something? It's nice to have believe me. But I am just happy with the Navi and backup camera. Also I did make sure I got the extended warranty for the full loaded package I do have with the CT. But sometime too much crap on a car is too many issues. I think?

·
Premium Member
66 Posts
All I want is a powered remote-control tailgate like I had on my previous Chrysler minivans. It's seems inexcusable that a car of the CT's price and sophistication lacks this important feature. I did not want to pay $10k more for the Acura ZDX.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hey CT Forum....

gr
Now I don't know you personally, and I'm sure you're a relatively smart guy...Plus, you said you're a salesman at a Honda dealer so this should be common sense. If you add all the things you're looking for too an all ready fully loaded CT at almost $38K you're going to turn that car into a mid $40K price range car. If you're having a hard time with $35K+ then one with everything you want is going to be way outta your range. If I were you I'd stop worrying about what they're gonna do next and just buy one now. They're fantastic cars just the way they are, and you will be glad you finally did it. Just my opinion.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Now I don't know you personally, and I'm sure you're a relatively smart guy...Plus, you said you're a salesman at a Honda dealer so this should be common sense. If you add all the things you're looking for too an all ready fully loaded CT at almost $38K you're going to turn that car into a mid $40K price range car. If you're having a hard time with $35K+ then one with everything you want is going to be way outta your range. If I were you I'd stop worrying about what they're gonna do next and just buy one now. They're fantastic cars just the way they are, and you will be glad you finally did it. Just my opinion.
Common sense (in honda terms) is that the trickle-down effect and economies of scale in the manufacturing process sees the current electronic offerings in higher-end Honda vehicles be trasnferred to the others. ;)

The Crosstour is Honda's FLAGSHIP sedan, although imho, it has not yet rec'd the higher-end electronics updates as seen in some of the newer vehicles like the pilot, odyssey, and now CR-v.
Honda asks a hefty price for the CT, and it's one of the reasons that sales have floundered...aside from the controversial styling (which I happen to LOVE!).
Yes, I can WISH for alot of things, but what I listed is already available in the other models, and SHOULD be realized in the next gen CT if Honda LISTENS to us, and makes these improvements.
I think it's kind of silly to say that more features = more headaches. This is a HONDA!! The Bluetooth and NAVI features alone already blow-away many higher end luxury car offerings! Trust me....I see it everyday.

I CAN tell you -- that Honda IS listening, and usually DOES add features to current gen models throughout the lifespan (evolution) of the model.

This is a GREAT car, and I just want to see it get better, and sell more units!

gr

·
Registered
168 Posts
1a. HIDs are not a difficult DIY for about $100. . .yes it would be nice if it was an OE option.
1b. Those mirrors are already produced at the very same Ohio factory that the CT is assembled at, they are used on some CTs for export where they need it to be "extra luxurious."

2a. Which 6-speed automatic Honda trans would that be? Please correct me if I'm wrong, a Honda salesperson would know this better than I would, but I think the only 6-speed autos connected to V6s are over in the house of Acura, right? And even there. . .check this out
CT V6 5th gear ratio: 0.612
CT V6 final drive: 4.533

Acura TL SH-AWD V6 6th gear ratio: 0.56
Acura TL SH-AWD V6 final drive: 4.53

So if you're looking for the 6th gear for more MPG, it's barely happening.

2b. Paddle Shift
Again, actually exists in the Ohio factory, but only for export.

I don't want to be a defender of the status quo or anything, but I think I might be the only one here that is impressed with the MPG the CT gets given its 4100lb weight, full time awd, fact that the i-VTEC VCM aggressively shuts off either one full bank of 3 cylinders or 2 opposing cylinders (making it a 4, or 3 cylinder engine, effectively), and that it runs on regular gas. It has 271hp. . .show me a 271hp 4100lb Prius with full time awd that can tow 1500lb and I'll show you a Prius that gets about 20mpg. :D

Agreed - I saw this at the Autoshow in various vehicles. . .it's a nice step up along with the HD based nav w/ traffic.

Weird, I thought I was sensitive to seats, and I find these fine. Not "luxuriously comfortable," but good enough I don't notice anything. However, I would like the rear seat heaters on the Russian export CT!

A dealer installed option right now, haven't seen it on any CTs (nor have I actually spoken with another CT owner :eek:). I'll probably be putting these on this summer, I read the installation instructions and it's not too bad, and the worst part - the circular cutouts in the bumper, the template is already etched into the backside of the bumper.

With absolutely no justification whatsoever for this opinion - I think the next "revamp" will be a very mild facelift. . .this is their premium engine offering and it has the current "corporate face." I don't think any halfway serious changes would be made until the 3rd generation CT (should it continue that long as a quasi-Accord supplement). I don't think this is a model that would ever be made in a sportier trim level or special edition - I'm seeing it more as one size fits all (a la Odyssey), and unfortunately the awd and unique ride & dimensions, and modest sales, are making it somewhat difficult to get aftermarket support.

However, it's a really cool vehicle, my 5th Honda, I mean I've fit snowblowers, multiple 55gallon plastic barrels, and all sorts of stuff in it (despite it's "awkward cargo constraints" as claimed in some automotive media), I recommend it to everyone, I can't think of anything else I'd buy for the $$ and I drove just about everything that could be considered competitive to it.

-Aceman

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
1a. HIDs are not a difficult DIY for about $100. . .yes it would be nice if it was an OE option.
1b. Those mirrors are already produced at the very same Ohio factory that the CT is assembled at, they are used on some CTs for export where they need it to be "extra luxurious."
Agreed...but again - FLAGSHIP SEDAN. You wanna boost sales??
Make it compete with other marks in this $$ segment.

2a. Which 6-speed automatic Honda trans would that be? Please correct me if I'm wrong, a Honda salesperson would know this better than I would, but I think the only 6-speed autos connected to V6s are over in the house of Acura, right? And even there. . .check this out
CT V6 5th gear ratio: 0.612
CT V6 final drive: 4.533
Acura TL SH-AWD V6 6th gear ratio: 0.56
Acura TL SH-AWD V6 final drive: 4.53
So if you're looking for the 6th gear for more MPG, it's barely happening.
Odyssey Touring and Touring Elite are factory equipped with 6spd auto trans.
And yes...salesman DO know!
Although I don't know the gear ratios offhand....

2b. Paddle Shift
Again, actually exists in the Ohio factory, but only for export.
Sneaky that they DO equip exports with this option...although have to say -- I probably wouldn't use it much. But better than the "slapstick" option in other cars.

I don't want to be a defender of the status quo or anything, but I think I might be the only one here that is impressed with the MPG the CT gets given its 4100lb weight, full time awd, fact that the i-VTEC VCM aggressively shuts off either one full bank of 3 cylinders or 2 opposing cylinders (making it a 4, or 3 cylinder engine, effectively), and that it runs on regular gas. It has 271hp. . .show me a 271hp 4100lb Prius with full time awd that can tow 1500lb and I'll show you a Prius that gets about 20mpg. :D
Just for clarity sake -- it's not FULL TIME AWD, it's "realtime". Which is very different than the Acura SH-AWD system.

Agreed - I saw this at the Autoshow in various vehicles. . .it's a nice step up along with the HD based nav w/ traffic.

Weird, I thought I was sensitive to seats, and I find these fine. Not "luxuriously comfortable," but good enough I don't notice anything. However, I would like the rear seat heaters on the Russian export CT!

A dealer installed option right now, haven't seen it on any CTs (nor have I actually spoken with another CT owner :eek:). I'll probably be putting these on this summer, I read the installation instructions and it's not too bad, and the worst part - the circular cutouts in the bumper, the template is already etched into the backside of the bumper.

With absolutely no justification whatsoever for this opinion - I think the next "revamp" will be a very mild facelift. . .this is their premium engine offering and it has the current "corporate face." I don't think any halfway serious changes would be made until the 3rd generation CT (should it continue that long as a quasi-Accord supplement). I don't think this is a model that would ever be made in a sportier trim level or special edition - I'm seeing it more as one size fits all (a la Odyssey), and unfortunately the awd and unique ride & dimensions, and modest sales, are making it somewhat difficult to get aftermarket support.
I agree with all of what you said here....unfortunately. :(

However, it's a really cool vehicle, my 5th Honda, I mean I've fit snowblowers, multiple 55gallon plastic barrels, and all sorts of stuff in it (despite it's "awkward cargo constraints" as claimed in some automotive media), I recommend it to everyone, I can't think of anything else I'd buy for the $$ and I drove just about everything that could be considered competitive to it.

-Aceman
Thanks for your insight Aceman!

gr

·
Registered
168 Posts
Thanks for your insight Aceman!

gr
And thank you sir. . .it's nice to have an informed salesman in the forums. I'm going to do some reading today on that 6-speed, sounds cool. And also the SH-AWD system I never quite understood, but I'm going to go read up on that as well.

-ace

·
Registered
621 Posts
And thank you sir. . .it's nice to have an informed salesman in the forums. I'm going to do some reading today on that 6-speed, sounds cool. And also the SH-AWD system I never quite understood, but I'm going to go read up on that as well.

-ace
I heard rumor that Honda was going to start installing the SH-AWD (from their Acura side) into models like the Pilot, CRV, and I would presume CT.

That's more like the type of system I wish the CT had, but the one that it's equipped with now certainly has gotten me unstuck a few times.

·
Registered
168 Posts
the gauge cluster is better in the china version
Ya it could be by the Honda/China team made for China only, or. . .it could be something else, even those tach & speedo dials look a little unlike any Honda I can place . . .

(ps I think those 3 buttons on the lower left are: mirror fold?; parking radar; VSC off)

or it could be something just like the Pilot has, but if the Pilot had to tack it on in a separate display, probably not. . .

-ace

·
Registered
621 Posts
Ya it could be by the Honda/China team made for China only, or. . .it could be something else, even those tach & speedo dials look a little unlike any Honda I can place . . .

(ps I think those 3 buttons on the lower left are: mirror fold?; parking radar; VSC off)

or it could be something just like the Pilot has, but if the Pilot had to tack it on in a separate display, probably not. . .

-ace
There is the sub screen on the dash of the pilot that you can use to navigate through vehicle options like when the locks operate and things like that. I think our owner's manual even mentions the process for using it (with the steering wheel mounted buttons you can see in the picture).

Also, notice the "HDD" button and reference on the center display.

And the wood on the steering wheel...

And those paddle shifters...

1 - 20 of 26 Posts