Honda Crosstour Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had the 2010 and 2011 Crosstours Now i got the 2013 CT EX-L with
Things i like better about the 2013 over 2011

1. no keys to start, Smart Entry and Smart Start (Standard)
2. two displays one for NAV and touchscreen display for radio only (NAV models)
3. Dont have to buy XM nomore it bluetooths pandora.
4. dont have to connect phone with AUX nomore music bluetooth in thru phone.
5. Right view Camera, covers entire blindside when you turn right turn signal on (Standard)
6. Rear Camera standard with 3 views instead of only 1 view
7. XM antenna looks better.
8. Navigation has traffic watch now.
9. LaneWatch when you swirve accross lane line, you get an alert if turn signal is not on. you also have a front collision warning if you get to close to somoone without apply breaks. you can turn this on or off.
10. You can switch gears with manual paddles on steering wheel.

Things better in 11 then 13

1. Verbal recognition is better when talking to car and giving commands
2. I think NAV map was easier to read
3. Cargo Cover not include with 2013 so take yours out of 11 if trading or ask salesman to throw one in with purchase, i took mine out my 2011.
4. Radio needs a firmware upgrade i belive, stops working now and i have to switch radio off and back on to start again.
5. the Nav/Radio computer boots up and take more time to work then 2011.

·
Registered
63 Posts
The '13 does not have a cover over the cup holders in the console. I don't know if you think this is an advantage or disadvantage.

·
Registered
476 Posts
No partitions provided in the cargo tray under the floor?

I had to order a set ($5 ea.) for my 2013, not sure if they are no longer included or just got left out by the dealer...

As far as the missing cargo cover, I really don't want one. I had a similar device with several VW's starting with my 1975 VW Rabbit and although it was nice for keeping things out of sight, it was a real pain when one needed to get it out of the way to make room for storing larger items...

·
Registered
234 Posts
Although the navigation is definitely better on my iPhone 5, an 8" screen is nice even if the res is lower.

As for the privacy cover on the hatch, just taking the cover from an older car is not going to work long term. The struts won't hold the extra weight and over time will fail, if albeit slowly. Notice on the accessory listing for it it comes with beefier struts.

I'm finding the voice command recognition is sadly lacking on the 13 CT. I'm hoping they firmware update it sometime soon.
Question: does Honda update the firmware on these things? Good before purchase question. Oops. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
31 Posts
Although the navigation is definitely better on my iPhone 5, an 8" screen is nice even if the res is lower.

As for the privacy cover on the hatch, just taking the cover from an older car is not going to work long term. The struts won't hold the extra weight and over time will fail, if albeit slowly. Notice on the accessory listing for it it comes with beefier struts.

I'm finding the voice command recognition is sadly lacking on the 13 CT. I'm hoping they firmware update it sometime soon.
Question: does Honda update the firmware on these things? Good before purchase question. Oops. :rolleyes:
When I asked about a firmware update for my '09 Pilot, I got a blank stare. My thought was that the Service Department was still thinking that the spark plugs and timing belt were the main things that needed updating.

At some point, this will be a regular maintenance item - but as of a year ago or so, it was not on the radar.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The '13 does not have a cover over the cup holders in the console. I don't know if you think this is an advantage or disadvantage.
You right i miss the cover over the cup holder. wish it still was there too. but i do like the crome around it now.. I wish the cup holder removed for easier cleaning too..

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Yeah the voice commands don't work nearly as good on 2013..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts