Honda Crosstour Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone! we finally took deliver of our 2012 EX-L non Navi last Friday after almost 2 months in waiting. In the mean time I was just reading the board. But now I am a proud owner and decide to register and hopefully have something to contribute. Love the car but I am still learning how to drive this big monster... Coming from a 2002 S2000 for the past 7 years and civic Si before that... This car is very different and I find myself nervous every time gear shift, traction control and 4wd happens.

I am just so used to the simple driver input and "right foot" activated traction control and "right hand" activated gear shift that when those things happen automatically it startles me. Hopefully I will get used to it soon.

Although driving it for the past few days, this will be a very comfortable long tripper. Very comfortable and we were able to put a lot of lugguage and xmas gift for everyone in the back :)

·
Registered
180 Posts
Welcome to the Forum and CONGRATS on owning one of the best cars in the world.

Glad you were able to take it on a trip, that is really where it shines best to me as well.

Yes, you'll get used to the difference in handling quickly, and wonder what you ever did without the amazing technology.

Post some pictures when you can.

·
Super Moderator
805 Posts
Welcome to the the CT forum. I guess you were Honda’s CT customer for December, LOL!

Glad you found your way to our forum. Looks like you have always been a Honda fan. I played with lots of CB’s from the lowly 50 to the 1300 when I was the editor at Clymer for many years. I still miss the bikes but my wife finds them too dangerous now. My wife insists that I only drive something with 4 wheels on the ground. Hmmm..... I wonder if a motorcycle with training wheels could be classified as something with 4 wheels on the ground?!? ;)

If you have any questions, always feel free to jump right in and ask and as Combscoach mentioned above, some pictures of your ride (along with a dog, cat, or horse picture) is always appreciated.

·
Premium Member
66 Posts
wifemobile

>>My wife insists that I only drive something with 4 wheels on the ground.<<

My wife has no problem driving or being a passenger in the CT (except if the moonroof is open) but refused to ride on my Vespa (recently sold) or in my '78 Fiat Spider (both are dangerous and mess her hair).

It's nice to have a variety of vehicles, especially if one provides solitude when needed.

·
Super Moderator
805 Posts
What is it with women and the moon roof? The wife plays with the moon roof like I play with the remote control? I actually dislike the moon roof for the following reasons:
1) Takes up too much head room
2) They leak when you forget to close them all the way
3) They always break in the open position
4) The sun glares in too much
5) When they break, repairs are usually expensive
Who is in charge of our cars? All our cars have moon roofs! Does that answer that question?

·
Registered
622 Posts
Welcome to the forum rogazilla. Looking forward to hearing your impressions after you've enjoyed some stick time.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Photos! I want photos! I have yet to see the new blue. Mine is Glacier Blue.

I know what you mean about getting used to not shifting. I own two other stick shifts (see signature) and find myself "pushing in the clutch" on occasion when coming to a stop. ;)

·
Registered
236 Posts
Hello everyone! we finally took deliver of our 2012 EX-L non Navi last Friday after almost 2 months in waiting. In the mean time I was just reading the board. But now I am a proud owner and decide to register and hopefully have something to contribute. Love the car but I am still learning how to drive this big monster... Coming from a 2002 S2000 for the past 7 years and civic Si before that... This car is very different and I find myself nervous every time gear shift, traction control and 4wd happens.

I am just so used to the simple driver input and "right foot" activated traction control and "right hand" activated gear shift that when those things happen automatically it startles me. Hopefully I will get used to it soon.

Although driving it for the past few days, this will be a very comfortable long tripper. Very comfortable and we were able to put a lot of lugguage and xmas gift for everyone in the back :)
Lol....welcome. You'll get used to it. Be sure to learn to read your side marker mirrors. That was my biggest problem for the first week. Backing up, I have the backup camera, got use to that as well. This car will make you and alert driver, it will always keep you on your toes, which is a good thing. It will assure that you are keeping yourself safe.:)

·
Premium Member
327 Posts
welcome to the club ! hope you enjoy your new ride!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks everyone! Hopefully we will get out and take some pictures for you guys.

I told my wife when we first started dating that I will always have a motorbike in my garage and she will just have to deal with it ;) She was not fond of my S2000 at first but we both miss it now that it is gone. She eventually even took a couple of ride with me. We rented a Harley at Maui during our honey moon. I have always love the CB line. I remember growing up, a honda bike was always my dream.

As for driving the CT, I am getting used to it but I do search for that clutch coming to the light still like Kyras said. And my wife has to kindly move my hand off the shifter because I put my hands on it when coming to a stop too... I pushed it into N one time by accident. Old habit is hard to change.

Another positive note: My wife agrees that I can get a Del Sol project car later this year if we have enough money after redo the yard and maybe replace the HVAC unit ;) I will make sure its a manual with Targa top.

I have to agree with crashmaster on the moonroof thing... I feel like its more of a gimmick than anything... But I miss my convertible and right now that's the most opening I can get from the CT...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts