Honda Crosstour Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks for having me. Just purchased my very first Honda, white EX-L, AWD V-6. Love it so far, but only had it 2 days. Found a great deal, certified 2012 crosstour with 1400 miles on it. Previous owner found it too big. My gain, his loss.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Sounds like you've found a great car with hardly any miles on it. Please post some pictures of it when you can.

I'm getting ready to drive mine from Texas to Colorado tomorrow...really looking forward to a road trip.

Take care - and feel free to ask anything CT related...you'll be amazed at the collective knowledge that is found by the members here.

·
Super Moderator
796 Posts
Hi Bigrummel
Yes, I was also surprised when I pulled my CT into my garage. It is a big car! It really takes up a full garage stall and when parking, you must be careful to evenly space it into the parking spot to avoid door dings. So far, I don’t have any. I still take my wife’s car for weekend shopping excursions. LOL If you have any questions about your CT….. well jump right in.

·
Registered
622 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Give us some early impressions once you get a little stick time.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Hey Big!

Yes I didn't know it looking at it on the lot, only when I brought the CT into the garage for the first time did I realize it was about 20% longer, 10% wider and 20% taller than the Infiniti G35 it replaced. . .but I love it and will be eager to hear your thoughts as you rack up some miles.

@CrosstourJed - Where do I land in the spectrum? I own both of those right now! Am I cocky but pleasant? ;)

·
Registered
52 Posts
Hey Big!

Yes I didn't know it looking at it on the lot, only when I brought the CT into the garage for the first time did I realize it was about 20% longer, 10% wider and 20% taller than the Infiniti G35 it replaced. . .but I love it and will be eager to hear your thoughts as you rack up some miles.

@CrosstourJed - Where do I land in the spectrum? I own both of those right now! Am I cocky but pleasant? ;)
Just curious, why did you replace the G35?

Vince.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Just curious, why did you replace the G35?

Vince.
I had almost the first year G35 (mine was a "2003.5," basically the 1st year but they modified the trunk handle mid-year) so it had about 80k miles on it. It was a great car, I loved it. . .fast (and they got faster in subsequent model years), handled awesome, and was relatively affordable for what you get. I think Infiniti does one of the poorer jobs of all the car makers from separating itself from its more affordable brethren (Nissan of course), the G35 really did not have interior trim or fit & finish that was any better than a Honda Accord. . .the seats weren't even full leather, they were fake leather w/ leather trim. I have been in a 2011 and it was nicer but still not night and day from a high option Maxima.

Also I bit my lip every time there is a car with serious sporting attitude, rwd and everything. . .that lacks a LSD. The G35 lacked it (and actually so do most BMWs, including mine, that aren't M) and that was a bit of an annoyance to me.

In the end it was getting a little tired, I was banged in a parking lot one day and drove over to carmax and they offered me way more than they were going for on eBay (and mine had $1500 of damage to the front end, and 4.5 year old blizzak snow tires on it!), so I took it!

However, I still have the 17" Infiniti sport package wheels w/ awesome Goodyear F1 GS-D3 tires if anyone knows someone who might be interested. The bolt pattern actually fits the CT too I believe, but your speedo would be off with the OD of these tires a bit.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Thanks. Honda isn't considered a luxury brand name, so when you mentioned you traded the Infinity for a Honda, I was a bit surprised. But given it was a 2003 and 80K miles, totally understandable. Before buying the CT, I had a VW Tiguan. If I had the funds, I'd have upgraded to Infinity in a heart-beat. I chose the CT EX-L because for the price, it is plush, and loaded with features. By contrast, CT's richer brother, Acura ZDX, costs thousand's more and comes with less features. So happy camper here! :D

Vince.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey guys, I just signed up, and I hate the be the noob with the super general question, but I'm looking to purchase my first Honda. Any advice on what to look at for $8,000 or less. The people I know like them, love their Honda's. The people that don't though, hate their cars. Thanks in advance!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts