Honda Crosstour Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know where they live- replaced the driver side MICU today with no help, again here are the symptoms:
1. tailgate latch shows open ( door warning red) with the headlight switch in the off or auto position
2. tailgate latch shows closed with the headlights in the on position
3. tail will not open with the switch on the tail gate only with the FOB, will not open with drivers door switch either.
4. Battery drains to almost nothing over night.

can not find a wiring print that shows what turns on the red door open lights on dash, using the ALLDATAdiy site for prints. Not OEM prints for sure.

no idea what the headlight switch plays in this at all.
parts replaced so far.
a. Rear tailgate lock assy. 60.00
b. Driver side MICU/ fuse assy. 370.00

looking for any ideas before I have
to take it to my local shop

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Ok for those who may be interested in the cause. Found the *********** wire was being back fed by the parking light circuit. Two pins in tailgate sub harness were shorting together at connector C601. Didn’t want to change the whole harness out so just de-pinned and made jumpers. Problem resolved. Sometimes you go down a rabbit hole trouble shooting and get tunnel vision - could have saved 1000.00 for the parts I bought and troubleshooting by a local shop who led me in a good direction- They would have found it but it would have been a huge hit to my wallet I’m sure. I have attached a few pics.

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
Does anyone know where they live- replaced the driver side MICU today with no help, again here are the symptoms:
1. tailgate latch shows open ( door warning red) with the headlight switch in the off or auto position
2. tailgate latch shows closed with the headlights in the on position
3. tail will not open with the switch on the tail gate only with the FOB, will not open with drivers door switch either.
4. Battery drains to almost nothing over night.

can not find a wiring print that shows what turns on the red door open lights on dash, using the ALLDATAdiy site for prints. Not OEM prints for sure.

no idea what the headlight switch plays in this at all.
parts replaced so far.
a. Rear tailgate lock assy. 60.00
b. Driver side MICU/ fuse assy. 370.00

looking for any ideas before I have
to take it to my local shop
Do you think this could be the cause of my 2014 EXL no Nav Theft alarm going off all the time.?? I noticed that my tailgate latch ajar (red light on dash) goes off and dings many times while I’m driving. Park my car, lock it, and the alarm horns/lights start blaring after a few minutes.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts