Honda Crosstour Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Filled up my tank today, on seeing the low fuel indicator. About 15.5 gallons. From my trip meter I have 291.8 miles. These miles are from the time I drove the new car off the dealer's lot, I believe it already had 11 miles on it to start with. So simple math shows 18.8 mpg. My driving is 80% city - multiple small trips in a day and 20% highway- mostly done on weekends.
EPA ratings for the I4 EX are 21 city, 29 Hwy and 24 average.
So I think I did good for the first 300 miles.
I will have to see if I come any closer to 21 on the next refill.

·
Registered
180 Posts
That's interesting information. Thanks for the post and for keeping us updated.
I've got the six...but on my last road trip, I averaged 27.79 mpg on the highway. It took about 3,500 miles to get to a place where I was getting the posted numbers.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I have 1500 mile on my 2012 v6 AWD and I'm averaging 24 per gal which is much better than the 17 av on my 2011 Nissan pro4 x that I traded in. I'm happy. I drive about 28/30 thousand miles a year so I'll save some money

·
Registered
9 Posts
I must say that most of my driving is mixed and my overall average is 21.5. On the highway I get about 27. I have an AWD V6.

·
Registered
28 Posts
It gets better :)

I think your doing great. My mileage has improved the more the car breaks in. I do have to tell you my Crosstour LOVES the highway. I took a 180 mile trip on flat I-5 Highway last weekend and got an average of:D 31 miles to the gallon.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I think your doing great. My mileage has improved the more the car breaks in. I do have to tell you my Crosstour LOVES the highway. I took a 180 mile trip on flat I-5 Highway last weekend and got an average of:D 31 miles to the gallon.
^I agree that the Crosstour loves the highway and it also loves lower speeds. When I'm moving fast at about 85 mph, I see a big drop in mpg over what I'll get at 65 mph.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Filled up my tank today, on seeing the low fuel indicator. About 15.5 gallons. From my trip meter I have 291.8 miles. These miles are from the time I drove the new car off the dealer's lot, I believe it already had 11 miles on it to start with. So simple math shows 18.8 mpg. My driving is 80% city - multiple small trips in a day and 20% highway- mostly done on weekends.
EPA ratings for the I4 EX are 21 city, 29 Hwy and 24 average.
So I think I did good for the first 300 miles.
I will have to see if I come any closer to 21 on the next refill.
On my second refill, 15.75 gallons, trip A showing 637 miles. Which would mean 345 miles since the last refill. So that would put it at 22 mpg. The difference in conditions this time, would be more highway miles - about 60% city and 40% highway vs 80% city and 20% highway the last time around.

·
Registered
66 Posts
After approx 10,000 kilometers, I did two runs from Montreal to Ontario, once on the highway my mileage computer estimated 900km range, and I was able to obtain 7.0L/100 kms in a 5 hour trip both times. That equates to 35mpg, that is better then the 8.4L/100km as advertized on the sticker in the showroom. That was driving the speed limit, moonroof open, a/c off 3.5LV6 in ECO mode.

Cheers
Pop

1 - 8 of 8 Posts