Honda Crosstour Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The 2012 CT is on the Honda website. Besides eliminating Glacier Blue and Tango Red and adding Basque Red, there don't seem to be any changes. Or am I missing something? I guess the rumors of a 4-cylinder weren't true.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'd lean towards bad. With most cars, the third model year gets at least a minor refresh. Unless sales pick up dramatically, this may signal the beginning of the end for the CT.

As an aside, I also noted in the latest TV commercial (the one with the race car drivers) that they dropped "Accord" from the name.

·
Registered
184 Posts
I noticed that the 2012 differs from the 2010 from this respect:

• Models w/o navigation have standard rear-view camera installed into the
rearview mirror.

I have the 2010 EX/L w/ NAVI. and I remember test-driving a crosstour w/o the NAVI. I don't recall the option aforementioned above as standard on the 2010 models. Does anyone have this on the 2011 ... or for that matter ... a 2010 model?

It makes sense to have it as a standard feature due to the rear-hatch crossmember obscuring vision. I always thought of that crossmember as being a serious flaw in the crosstour design and see this as a Honda's attempt to rectify it's design decision.

·
Registered
172 Posts
The 2012 CT is on the Honda website. Besides eliminating Glacier Blue and Tango Red and adding Basque Red, there don't seem to be any changes. Or am I missing something? I guess the rumors of a 4-cylinder weren't true.
I'm glad I bought my Glacier blue in June, then.:) I want to check out the new red. I've still never seen a Tango Red Crosstour but have seen it on
CR-Vs.

·
Registered
123 Posts
The now "Crosstour" now has STANDARD, USB audio interface, bluetooth, backup camera located in the rearview mirror, auto on/off headlights AND ... like it or hate it , "V6" badging now located on the lower right tailgate. Their is also a bump in city gas mileage for you 4WD folks out there from 17 to 18 mpg city.

I also noticed the pricing of the 2012 Crosstour with its new standard equipment (stated above) comes very close to a similarly priced Accord Sedan EX-L V6 (MSRP of 29,630), within $700, minus leather seats/steering wheel/heated seats/Homelink. Compared with the sedan, the Crosstour comes with more cargo room, 1500 lbs towing, projector headlights, Active Sound Control, better brakes/rotors, higher seating position,, 60/40 rear bench, more ground clearance, humidity controlled A/C, 360 vs 270 watt stereo, less road noise. If you can hold out on leather, I think a $700 upgrade from EX-L Sedan to Crosstour is sooooooooo worth it. Way to go Honda!

·
Registered
184 Posts
The now "Crosstour" now has STANDARD, USB audio interface, bluetooth, backup camera located in the rearview mirror, auto on/off headlights AND ... like it or hate it , "V6" badging now located on the lower right tailgate. Their is also a bump in city gas mileage for you 4WD folks out there from 17 to 18 mpg city.
I definately noticed the standard back-up camera with the video located on the rear-view mirror and I noticed that USB audio interface, and bluethooth are also standard acording to the spec sheets on the webpage ... but I thought that the HFL and USB audio interface had always been standard since 2010.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Well, they obviously read the customer reviews. The poor rear visibility and lack of a backup camera in my EX-L are my only complaints. Just when I thought I had gotten used to it and that it wasn't so bad, I backed out of the garage and into my wife's car.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Other than the elimination of "Accord" in the nameplate, a Honda press release says this about the 2012 changes.

"For 2012, new features on the Crosstour EX include auto on/off headlights, a rearview camera, Bluetooth®1HandsFreeLink® and USB audio interface. Two new colors are also available on all Crosstour models: Twilight Blue Metallic replaces Glacier Blue Metallic, and Basque Red Pearl replaces Tango Red Pearl."

Even though they only mention changes to the EX model, I believe they mean they apply to the EX-L model also, if they were not on it in 2010/2011 (like the rearview camera for non-nav EX-L models).

·
Registered
622 Posts
Well, they obviously read the customer reviews. The poor rear visibility and lack of a backup camera in my EX-L are my only complaints. Just when I thought I had gotten used to it and that it wasn't so bad, I backed out of the garage and into my wife's car.

My wife has backed up into our Ridgeline twice, and we have the back up camera. Ouch!

·
Registered
156 Posts
Except for the back up camera in a non-navi CT all those "new" features were already standard in the EX-L model. And since the EX isn't sold in Canada, it's not much of an improvement over the previous years.

·
Registered
236 Posts
I was trying to figure out the changes myself. I have the EXL- with Navi (backup camera which is GREAT!). From what I see is that Honda added a lot of features to the EX, that the EXL package came with. It kind of pisses me off since WE EXL- Navi owners paid much more money for our vehicle than the EX. I guess now what makes the EXL Model different then the EX is it comes with leather seats, remote side marker mirrors that move, and 4WD? So I guess if we would have waited for the 2012 we wouldn't had to pay 6,000 extra for some of the features that now the low model comes with?:mad:
Well I'm still happy with my EX-L Navi model. I have not had lots of issues with my car like I see on here....I still like to hear what's going on with Honda and there mistakes.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I was trying to figure out the changes myself. I have the EXL- with Navi (backup camera which is GREAT!). From what I see is that Honda added a lot of features to the EX, that the EXL package came with. It kind of pisses me off since WE EXL- Navi owners paid much more money for our vehicle than the EX. I guess now what makes the EXL Model different then the EX is it comes with leather seats, remote side marker mirrors that move, and 4WD? So I guess if we would have waited for the 2012 we wouldn't had to pay 6,000 extra for some of the features that now the low model comes with?:mad:
Well I'm still happy with my EX-L Navi model. I have not had lots of issues with my car like I see on here....I still like to hear what's going on with Honda and there mistakes.
The only significant difference between the EX and the non-nav, non-4WD EX-L was the leather. And, you are right, Honda was charging a lot for leather.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Easy solution: just bought my wife a new car with limited rear vis / no nav. Had a local stereo shop change out the rearview with an aftermarket mirror / monitor, and camera above the license plate. works great, ran me around $600. (less than my deductible if she backed into anything...

·
Registered
184 Posts
Easy solution: just bought my wife a new car with limited rear vis / no nav. Had a local stereo shop change out the rearview with an aftermarket mirror / monitor, and camera above the license plate. works great, ran me around $600. (less than my deductible if she backed into anything...
LOL...

So that means you get an imediate ROI everytime she puts the car in reverse. :D

I have to caution though ... I've been getting TOO BRAVE in backing up ... I back into my parking space all the time, and quickly as well.. Over-confidence causes accidents, and I'm too confident now with that camera. The thing is.. I don't scare myself until after the fact, I think to myself, "What if ..."

I really do hope that back-up camera is acurate.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I love my Glacier Blue.

·
Registered
622 Posts
I think maybe Honda is a little behind in things since the earthquake last winter. I think rumping up the operation took priority over any enhancements or changes.

·
Registered
22 Posts

Would you be willing to share the make and model of the camera and rear view mirror you had installed?

1 - 20 of 36 Posts