Honda Crosstour Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2012 Crosstour I4, that's showing A1 on the maintenance minder with 15% oil life. I called the dealership to see how much it would cost. I am told $39 for a 0W oil change and $21 for tire rotation. I haven't had a new car for a while, so have mostly been using independent shops for service. Does this sound reasonable?

·
Registered
79 Posts
Yes, it's reasonable.

You could likely find an indy shop (or a chain) that will do both for about the same money as the dealer wants for the the oil change.

For a few dollars more, even at the dealer, you could easily upgrade to a synthetic oil change. Worth the money IMHO. ;)

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Yes, it's reasonable.

You could likely find an indy shop (or a chain) that will do both for about the same money as the dealer wants for the the oil change.

For a few dollars more, even at the dealer, you could easily upgrade to a synthetic oil change. Worth the money IMHO. ;)
I figured for a couple of dollars more, I would just treat myself to free WiFi, cookies and cappuccino at the dealer :) Plus a coupon bought it down to 52. Drives much better after a rotation.
BTW what's up with dealers not throwing in a complimentary first oil change. I thought that was the norm, but apparently not.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I figured for a couple of dollars more, I would just treat myself to free WiFi, cookies and cappuccino at the dealer :) Plus a coupon bought it down to 52. Drives much better after a rotation.
BTW what's up with dealers not throwing in a complimentary first oil change. I thought that was the norm, but apparently not.
Bernardi Honda still does. :cool: I've yet to go back for it, but I haven't even hit 2,000 yet.

Still a far cry from the 12-change punch card that came with my 1990 Prelude. That really got you used to going to the dealer for service. ;)

·
Registered
35 Posts
Yes Bernardi does do first for free. You will still need to pay for your rotation. Buy the way what did you pay for your CT I just bought my second CT from Bernardi I got a new 2012 EX-L 4WD with nav for 28212 100 less than I paid for my 2012 EX -L 4WD with out nav just curious what your cost as you bought it a few months ago just want to see if there was much of a difference.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Yes Bernardi does do first for free. You will still need to pay for your rotation. Buy the way what did you pay for your CT I just bought my second CT from Bernardi I got a new 2012 EX-L 4WD with nav for 28212 100 less than I paid for my 2012 EX -L 4WD with out nav just curious what your cost as you bought it a few months ago just want to see if there was much of a difference.
My CT was 26,501+doc fee and tax. Pretty easy transaction. We got there 1/2 hour before opening on a Sunday, they opened up for us, and we were out the door an hour and a half later with a completed contract. Only thing we didn't get was the nav, I prefer standalone GPS. I got the price through speedbilly.com, but did not pay the fee to speedbilly. Dealer doesn't see any of that money. We negotiated the $300 fee out of the transaction for the $26,801 price they had posted on the site. Most painless transaction I've ever had. We even got 0.9% for five years through Honda.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My CT was 26,501+doc fee and tax. Pretty easy transaction. We got there 1/2 hour before opening on a Sunday, they opened up for us, and we were out the door an hour and a half later with a completed contract. Only thing we didn't get was the nav, I prefer standalone GPS. I got the price through speedbilly.com, but did not pay the fee to speedbilly. Dealer doesn't see any of that money. We negotiated the $300 fee out of the transaction for the $26,801 price they had posted on the site. Most painless transaction I've ever had. We even got 0.9% for five years through Honda.
I have a basic EX with I4, we bought in April 2012. Got it for 24k+acc+TTL in twin cities, MN. With all the snow we got and looking at the deals for 2012 EX-L with 4wd is making me weep. Should have stuck to my QX4 and upgraded to EX-L with 4wd in the year end. :eek:

·
Registered
79 Posts
I have a basic EX with I4, we bought in April 2012. Got it for 24k+acc+TTL in twin cities, MN. With all the snow we got and looking at the deals for 2012 EX-L with 4wd is making me weep. Should have stuck to my QX4 and upgraded to EX-L with 4wd in the year end. :eek:
You can always get a set of snows . . . and just think of the gas savings. ;) :cool: :D

·
Registered
6 Posts
I'm BIG on taking it to the "House"

Personally, I always practice and recommend taking it to the dealership. Most indy shops don't have the state-of-the-art equipment, or trained techs as the dealership. I even get my tires there. And at $39 for an oil change, it's a bargain. I traded my Land Rover in on my 2012 CT, and that beast cost me $200 for an oil change, :eek:yeah...$200! I love the Crosstour!

·
Registered
79 Posts
Personally, I always practice and recommend taking it to the dealership. Most indy shops don't have the state-of-the-art equipment, or trained techs as the dealership. I even get my tires there. And at $39 for an oil change, it's a bargain. I traded my Land Rover in on my 2012 CT, and that beast cost me $200 for an oil change, :eek:yeah...$200! I love the Crosstour!
For an oil change, the only real difference between the dealer and an indy shop is the filter. Dealer will invariably use an OEM filter. Indy shops will use whatever fits that is cheap.

I'm primarily DIY for oil changes and always use a full-synthetic oil and either an OEM filter or a premium grade aftermarket like a Purolator PureOne or K&N.

That said, if you want to get something else looked at while it's in, obviously the dealer is a better choice than Jiffy Lube. :cool:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts