Honda Crosstour Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All.
Just picked up an extra four rims and sensors from a 2014 Cross Tour. I'll be using them in winter for winter tires on my 2011 model year. Will the sensors make the system happy or will I need the dealership or can I calibrate myself if needed ? Hopefully someone knows the answer. I'd like to know what to expect before the rims go on.

Thank You !!!

Joe

·
Super Moderator
762 Posts
I think the first place I would start is the Honda parts department. I would check to see if the same part number is used from 2011 to 2014. Quite often they are. Then, as long as you are there, bring a few donuts (OK, a dozen) and go over and speak to their tire guy. My "guess" is that you will need to use a TPMS scanner to match the new sensors to your car every season. It could get expensive bringing it to Honda to do this every 6 months and might be much more economical to just purchase your own scan tool so that you could do it yourself. Remeber, I said "guess" up above. Let us know what you find out.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Mr Crash.

I always thank people for their replies but it seems I didn't so first off I apologize. Didn't realize until I got on here now and saw no reply to you.

Dealership said part number on both years was the same. Garage down the road from me said the will and can calibrate. Drove it a day. TPMS light still on. Drove it another week TPMS light still on. (They charged me 10 bucks to calibrate) Called, dropped the car off Sunday so they could have it today. Technician said "You're battery is ****, It died. I jumped it" which I knew was bullshit. He disconnected the battery to do a reset, then couldn't get rid of ABS and VSC lights because he didn't have the radio code i suspect. He never mentioned those lights but did mention the sensors are reading 40 psi and the receiver is reading 400 psi due to the spike when the battery died LOL then said I'll have to talk to the owner about paying for their time, and it needed a new battery then to goes to the dealer because the controller/receiver is shot from the BATTERY SPIKE.

I got home from work after they closed, picked the car up, reset the radio, went to auto zone battery checks out at 89 percent. The battery never died, the douche bag disconnected it and maybe got scared when the dash lit up like a christmas tree. I'll have to give them a call from work tomorrow. Jeez there has to be an easier way. I did find a TSB # 14-006 which is a software upgrade that is supposed to make the system a bit less cantankerous.

Rant Over Thanks,

Joe

·
Premium Member
106 Posts
I think the first place I would start is the Honda parts department. I would check to see if the same part number is used from 2011 to 2014. Quite often they are. Then, as long as you are there, bring a few donuts (OK, a dozen) and go over and speak to their tire guy. My "guess" is that you will need to use a TPMS scanner to match the new sensors to your car every season. It could get expensive bringing it to Honda to do this every 6 months and might be much more economical to just purchase your own scan tool so that you could do it yourself. Remeber, I said "guess" up above. Let us know what you find out.
Hey Crash, hoping this new reply to an old post finds you. I'm still a bit baffled by the TPMS thing. I finally got my 19" summer rim and tire set up from my pals at Discount Tire, from whom I purchased the TPMS sensors when they installed my tires. The garage manager told me he calibrated the new TPMS sensors and all was well until tonight, when the TPMS light came on. Is my only choice to take my wheels to the Honda Dealer and ask them to calibrate my TPMS sensors or should, in fact, Discount Tire be able to do this? I'll give them a call tomorrow to see what they say but really want to avoid a repeat of the problem, if I can. And I'm not above purchasing my own scan tool, if this is something I can do myself. My 2015 CR-V, as I recall, has a way to calibrate through the menu, but I can't find anything similar on the CT. Thanks a bunch!

·
Super Moderator
762 Posts
Were the TPMS sensors you installed Honda or an off brand? If Honda, then yes, Honda would probably do a much better job at calibrating. Otherwise, you can go back to Discount Tires.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts