Honda Crosstour Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was considering Ford Fusion, I think it's an excellent car, but since we are weaning ourselves away from 25 years of minivans I really wanted a station wagon. Can't afford a SAAB Combi ( I have owned SAABs since 1973), Volvos are expensive and too old school, and we don't want an SUV. Took my wife yesterday to see a CT. It's for us, just trying to figure out which one. Price is a consideration (two kids in college, need I say more?).

Question:
From what I have read, a 2011 had no changes from 2011. So a dealer has 2010 and 2011 models I should go for a discount on the 2010 as I will (hopefully) keep the car for 10 years depreciation.resale value is not an issue.

But now I read the 2012 will have a few upgrades. I am interested in an EXL without the NAVI as I don't need it but would find the rear camera useful. When will 2012 come out? Will MSRP of 2012 be more than same model of 2011 to pay for the added features?

Looking forward to a CT, just not sure which is the best value for me

·
Registered
34 Posts
Here is a link with the 2012 changes:

http://vtec.net/news/news-item?news_item_id=994459

The only changes I am aware of 10 to 11 is some of the buttons on the center stack were moved around. Maybe someone can clarify.

I doubt you will see 12s until October - November. I would tell you if you like the car go ahead and pull the trigger on an 11. As of last month there was 1500 dealer cash available on the 11s. If you can get around/below invoice pricing plus get the dealer to give up the dealer cash you are getting a good deal on a great car. Go for it!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
2011 Honda Accord Crosstour EX-L 4WD NAVI - $33,590.00 + TTL, black with black interior.

Unfotunately TTL will add $3-4K

·
Registered
34 Posts
That is invoice not a bad deal with Honda inventory still being thin but you should be able to do better imo. I have the same exact car btw! Buy it and enjoy! :)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Brought it home today. Brand new 2010 EX-L, Black on Black. First new car in 7 years, replaces a Windstar van that was 11 years old. Will be mostly my wife's car, she is very excited. May post pics this weekend.

Can't fathom why this car doesn't sell more units. The exclusivity is neat, but why isn't it more popular?

·
Registered
172 Posts
Brought it home today. Brand new 2010 EX-L, Black on Black. First new car in 7 years, replaces a Windstar van that was 11 years old. Will be mostly my wife's car, she is very excited. May post pics this weekend.

Can't fathom why this car doesn't sell more units. The exclusivity is neat, but why isn't it more popular?
I think many people don't know it exists. I'm a Honda girl and it didn't come on my radar until a friend of mine posted about buying his, on the Honda S2000 forum, S2ki.com. Once I learned about it, I bought one (6-11-11). My 2008 RAV4 should be gone today, the vehicle I have replaced with my 2011 Crosstour. It is neat having a less common car again. My RAV4 is one of the most common SUVs on the road.

·
Registered
184 Posts
I really like the Acura ZDX... but it comes off looking a bit more like a futuristic SUV / Moonrover type thing [which does appeal to me :)]... but then there's that additional $15K [which does not appeal to my wallet :(]..

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I really like the Acura ZDX... but it comes off looking a bit more like a futuristic SUV / Moonrover type thing [which does appeal to me :)]... but then there's that additional $15K [which does not appeal to my wallet :(]..
I see by your signature you are a SAAB owner also_Our new Crosstour is sharing the garage with a 2004 9-3 Aero. It was hard to not buy a SAAB 9-5 Combi but they are too expensive (north of $40K) and I am sad to say SAAB may not be in business much longer. I have been a SAAB owner since 1973. My '87 and 1996 went for over 195,000 miles each and the Aero has over 103,000 miless on it, no issues. Love the Turbo.

·
Registered
184 Posts
I see by your signature you are a SAAB owner also_Our new Crosstour is sharing the garage with a 2004 9-3 Aero. It was hard to not buy a SAAB 9-5 Combi but they are too expensive (north of $40K) and I am sad to say SAAB may not be in business much longer. I have been a SAAB owner since 1973. My '87 and 1996 went for over 195,000 miles each and the Aero has over 103,000 miless on it, no issues. Love the Turbo.
Yes, I love it. it's a good little car. I didn't buy it for me though, bought it for my boyfreind.

It's just shy of 99k, but still adding a few upgrades - like xenon HID conversion - 4300k for the lows and brights and 3000k rainbow yellow for the fogs. The lense was also getting hazed so I put in new headlight assemblies (tried to resurface, but the haze was in the inside). Had to drop the bumber and grill to get to them, but it was fairly easy, though still a a PITA when you don't have a garage and doing it in the parking lot. I should've got new fog housings in the process so I don't have to do it a 2nd time (hindsight is always 20/20). I also swapped out all the standard incadecent bulbs for LED's as well. Now I am thinking of getting a K&N cold air intake for it. :D

I didn't know they made a 9-5 Combi... I thought those were 9-3's? :confused:

Yeah they are pricey, but well worth it. I went to go test drive the 2011 9-5 Aero XWD. With ALL the creature comforts, it came to just shy over 55k. It's just a shame that SAAB is having the financial struggles that it has, but I'm really hoping it pulls through. We are still thinking of upgrading the 03' 9-3 for an 08' 9-3 aero ... that may still yet to come in the the next few months. :cool:

·
Registered
184 Posts
Wow... yes, I agree.. it is very attractive. I still prefer the sedan version ... But I wouldn't exactly turn down a beauty like that one either. I know they made a combi with the previous gen 9-5... but this is the first combi i've seen with the current gen.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Just purchase exl awd wo nav and I am so pissed to lean about the rear view camera. Hope there will be some way to retro it on my 2011 unless you want to go for the extra $1900 WAIT!!! Buyers remorse already in one week.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
No remorse. I saved over almost $4K over a 2012 and over $5K by not getting Navi (would have had to buy 2011).

I heard there was a price increase for the 2012, while under $1K, not worth it to me. We replaced a van so we are used to not seeing out the rear, never hit anything in 10 years.

There are aftermarket solutions that connect to a GPS type screen and I think a quick Google hunted up a few that even connect to a Garmin type GPS. Sort of like the old days with a hang under the dash 8 track!

·
Registered
184 Posts
Just purchase exl awd wo nav and I am so pissed to lean about the rear view camera. Hope there will be some way to retro it on my 2011 unless you want to go for the extra $1900 WAIT!!! Buyers remorse already in one week.
Check online on Google or eBay. I have seen quite a few aftermarket rearview mirrors with built in video to display multiple camera positions, GPS, MP3 player, MPEG 4 video player, bluetooth for your cell phone and audio streaming to your radio via FM ... some where the video connection is wireless. I am planning on getting one of these for my boyfriend's SAAB

There are many of these available with an assortment of capabilities and leved of functionality. Most of them average about $275 - $350 for units that you don't want to go all crazy on.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Check online on Google or eBay. I have seen quite a few aftermarket rearview mirrors with built in video to display multiple camera positions, GPS, MP3 player, MPEG 4 video player, bluetooth for your cell phone and audio streaming to your radio via FM ... some where the video connection is wireless. I am planning on getting one of these for my boyfriend's SAAB

There are many of these available with an assortment of capabilities and leved of functionality. Most of them average about $275 - $350 for units that you don't want to go all crazy on.
You have meentioned buying a SAAB and now a rearview camera mirror for your boyfriend. Does he appreciate how lucky he is?

·
Registered
184 Posts
You have meentioned buying a SAAB and now a rearview camera mirror for your boyfriend. Does he appreciate how lucky he is?
I'm sure he's very appreciative. :D

Besides ... it's only money. :rolleyes: [wwhooo boy I wish I could say that with a straight face]

·
Registered
3 Posts
Stick on lenses

Anyone have any experience with stick on lenses for the back window on the ct? Will it help with rear view?
coldad

·
Premium Member
327 Posts
i like them too did you try getting into the back seat?:eek:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts