Honda Crosstour Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Honda Accord Crosstour
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
About a month ago, our 2010 Crosstour prompted for the navigation code. Power had not been lost, no prior issues. Entered the code and we’re good to go. A few days later it did it again. Had battery checked and did need new battery (thankfully covered under warranty).
No more issues until today when it prompted again. Has anyone else had this issue?

·
Administrator
836 Posts
Often a weak battery or replacement of a battery will sometimes cause this. If it were my vehicle, I would keep a log of when it does it. First start in the morning? Everytime you start the car? Sitting in the garage all weekend? I would give it a week or two and hopefully it will go away. If not, I would consider pulling the battery cable, leave it off all night and then reconnecting it. A voltage spike or such when the battery was replaced could have happened. I assume you replaced the battery with the recommended battery and not anything wild like an Optima or such.

·
Registered
2010 Honda Accord Crosstour
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Often a weak battery or replacement of a battery will sometimes cause this. If it were my vehicle, I would keep a log of when it does it. First start in the morning? Everytime you start the car? Sitting in the garage all weekend? I would give it a week or two and hopefully it will go away. If not, I would consider pulling the battery cable, leave it off all night and then reconnecting it. A voltage spike or such when the battery was replaced could have happened. I assume you replaced the battery with the recommended battery and not anything wild like an Optima or such.
It’s every time you start the car. Even after replacing the battery. Just got off the phone with Honda because they have the car in for other things and found out that there’s an update for GPS that is having issues going through on Honda‘s end. Satellite hast to reboot and who knows how long that’ll take

1 - 3 of 3 Posts