Honda Crosstour Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife mentioned her car was acting squirrelly the other day. Kinda like it was floating when hitting bumps or driving over manhole covers. Then it snowed and it really got weird. I drove it last night and it scared the hell out of me. Feels like it has a mind of its own and you feel like it wants to take you toward the ditch on the side of the road. This is at low speeds. I usually use second gear on ice and it still was being crazy. I've never experienced anything like it. I drive an Outback AWD and no problem. My mo-in-law's Toyota Celica no problem. This car was scary (not quite Stephen King scary, but...). So, I'm hoping someone might have an idea as to what might be going on. Possible computer issue? Wheel sensors misreading the road? The shocks seem to be good. Tires have pretty good tread. I think 7/32 about 100 miles ago. They're balanced and aligned. No weird noises or strange vibrations coming from anywhere. Any thoughts?

· Administrator
845 Posts
Sounds like some serious suspension problem(s). From what you describe I would quickly take it into a Honda dealer or better would be to have it towed into a dealer. Let us know what they find.

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sounds like some serious suspension problem(s). From what you describe I would quickly take it into a Honda dealer or better would be to have it towed into a dealer. Let us know what they find.
Yeah. I hate to take it into the dealership, but when you gotta, you gotta. Sadly, they don't have any openings for about three weeks. I guess it's a good thing I didn't sell the 2003 Camry so my wife'll have something to drive in the interim.

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the help folks. Bad alignment was the winner. I'm guessing my son hit quite a few Indianapolis potholes last year. Since it didn't feel like it was pulling one way or the other, I assumed it wasn't the alignment. Guess we all know what happens when we assume, right?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts