Honda Crosstour Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
161K miles. The front end noticeably vibrates at 65+ mph. It lessens when I take my foot off the accelerator. Dealership says front axles have some play in the inner joints. Because of that play they want to remove the propeller shaft to isolate shaft or axle at a $300 Diagnostic charge.
Anyone else have this problem? Any other suggestions before I pay the $300?

·
Registered
1 Posts
From my novice experience on other FWD Honda’s, that makes sense it would be the axle. The diagnostic charge is for the labor involved. How much to just replace the axles and see what’s up? If you plan on driving the car for years to come... might as well replace both.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had the same problem, replaced struts, ball joints, and ties rods. Was nearly at my wits end, turned out to be my tires. Shake gone!!!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I had the same problem, replaced struts, ball joints, and ties rods. Was nearly at my wits end, turned out to be my tires. Shake gone!!!!
Only 15k miles on the tires. Possible bad tires.
From my novice experience on other FWD Honda’s, that makes sense it would be the axle. The diagnostic charge is for the labor involved. How much to just replace the axles and see what’s up? If you plan on driving the car for years to come... might as well replace both.
i agree. Into the shop next week.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a 2012 EX -L 4WD with the 3.5L and nav. Bought it new in 2014. Currently (July 2020) 49K. (I know, I have not driven her much!) Replaced the stock Michelin tires with same size Yokohama Ascend GT's at around 45K. Now I have a significant vibration whenever I accelerate hard but especially around 40 mph. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have a 2012 EX -L 4WD with the 3.5L and nav. Bought it new in 2014. Currently (July 2020) 49K. (I know, I have not driven her much!) Replaced the stock Michelin tires with same size Yokohama Ascend GT's at around 45K. Now I have a significant vibration whenever I accelerate hard but especially around 40 mph. Any thoughts?
From one family members experience and what I've read over on other boards.., Yokohama tires are having significant balancing issues. I was discouraged from using a set I acquired through an auction and I can confirm the ridiculous amount of weights applied to the Honda Pilot rim.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks. I will ask the tire shop about the balance and weights.

From one family members experience and what I've read over on other boards.., Yokohama tires are having significant balancing issues. I was discouraged from using a set I acquired through an auction and I can confirm the ridiculous amount of weights applied to the Honda Pilot rim.
View attachment 9638

1 - 7 of 7 Posts