Honda Crosstour Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok going out on a limb here but I found a set of 18x8.5 BMW X5 V Spoke wheels w 5x 120 bolt pattern with pressure sensors & used 255/55/18s for only $250...
My concern is making this configuration Work on CT....if I’m correct I would need to purchase at minimum 1”spacers that would do 2fold:

1) reconfigure the bolt pattern from 5x114 to 5x 120
2) translate the wheel 1” out to prevent interference/ rubbing ( this may require a 1.5” spacer I’m not sure????

Is this more of a HEADACHE I would be getting myself into just bc it’s a great deal or would it be in my best interest to pay the additional cash for wheels with the proper fitmit????
In addition not really sure I want to be throwing 1”-1.5” spacers on that’s a lot of offset from OEM...

Just throwing it out there if anyone has advice.... thanks again!

·
Registered
63 Posts
I run jeep rims that are 5x5 lug pattern thanks to wheel spacers/lug adapters that are 5x4.5 to 5x5 and hubcentric rings for the difference in hub bored. These spacers are 1.5" and I've never had an issue with clearance. I haven't looked for a spacer/adapter to 5x120 before so I'm not sure what's out there.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Brizzy your ride looks cool I like the beefy look... what size wheels/tires are u running & im assuming u may have a lift also? What other mods do u have underneath, I’m not trying to get to radical with mine bc it’s more road use than anything . Just wanting a more aggressive stance filling the wheel well in addition to some additional width..... Ultimately I want to go with 19 x 8s but for now would like to mount 255/55/18 on my OEM wheels although they are only 7” width & have heard comments that a may be pushing the envelope on width witch may cause excessive center wear if it’s ballooning the tire... If so I can always drop back to the 245/55/18s that only add a marginal width increase of about .7” with no additional change to other aspects from the OEMs.... thanks again

·
Registered
63 Posts
Littleford my rims are 17x7.5 and I'm looking into picking up some 17x8s in the future. My tires are 235/65/17s that are AS', I'm putting AT's the same size on this friday. I used 🔥 Tire Size Calculator - Compare Two Sizes when looking at different sizes of tires, I saw you had screen shots from a similar site. I would say look into the tire you're buying or have for how large or small of a width rim it'll fit. I do have a lift, only 1.5" "pucks" on top of each strut-spring assembly and adjustable upper ball joints in the front to keep the alignment. That's it for wheel build wise in terms of mods. Only thing I would warn with going wide is don't go too wide otherwise the range of motion the rear suspension has will make the rear fenders rub on top of the tires on bounces, my lift corrected this but it was an issue because of my large spacers.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for clarifying your set up... all your points are well taken...I’m prob not gonna go quit that aggressive route although looks like you guys spend some quality time off road playing on the trails.. would like to go that route later down the road but using mine as a daily driver & need to consider mpg to a certain degree... I’ve pretty much narrowed it down to go with a set of 255/55/18 LEXANI AS 25 UHPs seeing I can get into them for around $350+- from Amazon & the reviews are very positive.... Need tread pretty quick and these will satisfy my need for a wider stance while filling the wheel well just a bit until I decide to fork out the cash for some 19x8” wheels.... Should be seeing my new E-Line slotted/drilled rotors & pads showing up at the door in a wk or so & plan to do the breaks tires in one setting... I’ll keep ya posted & hey man keep the cool photos coming always like to see different looks guys are going after👍

·
Registered
91 Posts
I run jeep rims that are 5x5 lug pattern thanks to wheel spacers/lug adapters that are 5x4.5 to 5x5 and hubcentric rings for the difference in hub bored. These spacers are 1.5" and I've never had an issue with clearance. I haven't looked for a spacer/adapter to 5x120 before so I'm not sure what's out there. View attachment 9603 View attachment 9604
Nice pics! Could you'll show more photos from your trips like this?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Nice pics! Could you'll show more photos from your trips like this?
Will do in another thread to combine some of my total trips.

Good luck Littleford, I daily drive mine 35 miles each way on interstate and county highways. Manage to get ~20mpg which I'll take. Hopefully you can beat that.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts