Honda Crosstour Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,
I have never purchased custom wheels for any vehicle I've owned in the past, but I am looking to buy a new set of wheels for my black Crosstour and have fallen in love with the black Enkei AKP's. The CT is a 2010 V6 EX-L and the stock wheels are 18x7

http://enkei.com/akp.shtml

The ones I am considering are either the 18x7.5 or 18x8 with the 5x114.3 bolt pattern.

I would like to get 18"s so that I wouldn't have to worry about dents or anything and plan to keep them on year round. Would these wheels fit on the car without any issues? I have seen pics of CT's with chrome AKP's on them, but they were with 20" wheels.

Since I am new to this and would probably have to order the wheels online, I am extremely hesitant to order because I don't want to end up buying wheels that don't fit.

Any help/input would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

·
Registered
92 Posts
make sure the OFFSET is within spec and that it fits the hub properly otherwise your wheel bearings will pay the price, apart from looking silly (offset issue).

·
Registered
15 Posts
Reply DJTy201

Hi DJTy201,

No problem for being new, ask questions and do your reserach are always advantageous. I found CT owners on this site are wonderful and truly helpful. Changing wheels is more than just improving the overall aesthetics or personalizing your vehicle. If you are changing to another 18" wheel, in my opinion you are better off saving your hard-earned dollars for something else. I've posted in another thread that although CT is a fantastic car but because it was designed based on a Honda Accord chasis and that many of the stock parts used are the same as an Accord to maintian a market acceptable price range, a stock CT does not match the performance output of a 270bhp engine. One of biggest problem I had with my CT is over-steering. You can slightly improve braking performance, which is poorly soft on a stock CT and stability of your car if you were to change to 20" wheels.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys,

make sure the OFFSET is within spec and that it fits the hub properly otherwise your wheel bearings will pay the price, apart from looking silly (offset issue).
How do I find out if the hub fits properly without trial and error? Do I have to look at the centerbore for that? The new wheels have a CB of 72.6 compared to the stock's 64.1.. will that be an issue? Could a centering ring resolve it, or should I look for wheels that are closer to the stock CB?

The new wheels come with offset available in 40/42 compared to the stock with offset 55, but I this that should still be okay.

@Snipe, thanks for your input. The new wheels would simply be to improve the look of the car-- I love everything about it except for the stock wheels it comes with. As I said before, I'm hesitant on getting 20's because of the risk of bent rims.. I am from the NY/NJ area where potholes are not uncommon haha.

·
Registered
84 Posts
You've checking out TireRack.com, right?

I've bought many sets of tires from TireRack, not wheels, and they seem to always be very professional and knowledgeable about products they sell. If you spend 10 minutes on their site, I'm sure you'll learn a lot about other improvements you can make to your car.

One thing they offer but I have not taken up, is that they can ship the wheels mounted with tires you want, all ready to go! It may save you some money and time, if you plan on getting just getting the old set off and put on the new set.

It looked like they also sell the wheel you want, but I don't know how competitive they are with the prices.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts